Cleveland Super Bowl logo

Chiefster2000

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're just jealous because they're the only team in the league that hasn't been in OR hosted a Super Bowl.

Neither has Indianapolis.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

They're just jealous because they're the only team in the league that hasn't been in OR hosted a Super Bowl.

Baltimore Colts, so yeah the team has

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, no, not really. Indianapolis in in Indiana and Baltimore is in Maryland. There hasn't been a Super Bowl in Indiana, nor has a team that plays in Indiana been in the Super Bowl. It seems pretty cut and dried to me.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well, no, not really. Indianapolis in in Indiana and Baltimore is in Maryland. There hasn't been a Super Bowl in Indiana, nor has a team that plays in Indiana been in the Super Bowl. It seems pretty cut and dried to me.
OK so by that logic, the Browns moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens-and they won Super Bowl XXXV. It was the same original franchise (not the 2nd franchise), so that franchise made it. See how ridiculous that sounds? The Colts have won it and lost it, its the same franchise.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Wasn't there a time not so long ago when the NFL was actually planning on having a Super Bowl in Indianapolis but decided against it because they felt the HoosierDome was too small?

I want to say the NFL was threatening to move it there (and even made up banners) when they were considering taking it away from Arizona because of the uproar of Arizona's lack of MLK recognition. But I will admit my memory on this is half-hazy at best.

Perhaps that will change with this new stadium going up.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

OK so by that logic, the Browns moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens-and they won Super Bowl XXXV. It was the same original franchise (not the 2nd franchise), so that franchise made it. See how ridiculous that sounds? The Colts have won it and lost it, its the same franchise.

I think you're trying to say that the Indianapolis Colts is the same franchise as the Baltimore Colts. I have no quarrel with that.

However, to say that a football team based in Indianapolis has been to the Super Bowl is patently false, as is the notion that a Super Bowl has been played in Indianapolis.

How is that unclear?

I would like to see the SB spread out over all 32, indoor or not, bad weather or not!

Sounds good to me. Weather is part of the game the rest of the season. Why take it out of the equation for the biggest game of the year. (Wait! Don't tell me - because the biggest game of the year shouldn't be decided by the weather, right?) Also, it is only fair that every municipality that supports the NFL should have the opportunity to share in the residual economic spoils of the Super Bowl, not just a select few.

On a slightly related note, I'm glad the new NFL Network package includes a rotating Thanksgiving day game. Not that the Lions have taken great advantage of it, but for the Cowboys and Lions to be guaranteed a late-season game with more rest than your opponent every year is patently unfair, as is being able to monopolize the Thanksgiving spotlight every year. It is only reasonable that a new game be added to the schedule that gives every team an opportunity to host a Thanksgiving game (albeit once every 30 years -- almost like the MLB/NBA/NHL All Star games)(and they should be able to play in one every 8 years, assuming the 4 non-Lion/non-Cowboy spots are rotated fairly as well).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The Indianapolis argument doesn't hold water. What Chazberg is referring to is that Cleveland is the only FRANCHISE that has never played in or hosted a Super Bowl. The Colts "franchise" has not hosted in either Baltimore or Indianapolis, but they certainly did play in two Super Bowls while in Baltimore. So they can not be included on the list.

The other teams who have not played in the game...

Arizona, Detroit, Houston, New Orleans, and Jacksonville have all hosted at least one Super Bowl Game.

I would like to see the SB spread out over all 32, indoor or not, bad weather or not!

Gotta disagree here, on practical grounds, not emotional ones.

Right now, only a handful of cities (not even NFL cities) have had the Super Bowl. As such, the vast majority of NFL teams have never hosted one. Most NFL fans don't know what they're missing, since they've never had the game at home anyway. But 32 years is an awfully long time to wait.

Rotating to each of the 32 NFL cities means that you may see 2 games in your home market in your lifetime, and odds are that your hometown team wouldn't be playing in it. Rotating the sites works for the CFL, because there are 9 teams, and where are you going to go in Canada for a warm weather game anyway. Most of the teams play outdoors, it's Canada, the weather angle is less crucial than in the US, where teams play anywhere from New England and Seattle to Arizona and Miami.

Then there's the weather factor. Right or wrong, it is known that weather for the Super Bowl will be good - either in the south or indoors. It would suck for your favorite team if the Super Bowl was in San Diego the year before your team makes it, then Buffalo the next. No warm weather week of fun in the sun. Weather is a huge part of football, but there's a certain predictable constancy in the weather now, which takes one variable out of the game. There'd be nothing worse than listening to a Colts fan moan about how Peyton Manning got jobbed and lost the Super Bowl because his fingers were numb in the Green Bay winter. Boo hoo.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

It would also be a logistical nightmare for many cities as well. Although I'd love to see a SB here in Wisconsin, Green Bay just doesn't have the infrastructure to handle it. Not enough hotel rooms, etc... Although they could always have it in Milwaukee at Miller Park with the roof closed :P

Archived