Cbj 3rds to be shown oct.13th  well tomorow.

Kenworth

cool.  I really like this.  I didn't notice the sleeves and hem being black at  first b/c the navy blue is rather close to black, but it does look nice.  Better than if the sleeves and hem were blue.  The stars on the sleeves look kind of gimmicky, and combined with the sleeve numbers and the shoulder logos, it is a bit much.  The logo is very nice, even though the flag is actually backwards, no?  I really want to see this shoulder logo.  Is it also the new logo on the sleeves on the regular jersey?  

I was really disappointed when their home and road jerseys came out and the logos, too.  They're pretty poor in my book.  But this 3rd is cool.

Sabres still have the best 3rd jersey in my book, but this is second with Ottawa being third.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definetly a thumbs up from me. I may not run out and buy one, but I like them. The new main logo I must agree seems more like a secondary for some reason, but it's OK.

I guess it just seems like they have a blue home jersey and a blue alt that are not that far apart color-wise, but I suppose Colorado and Edmonton thought that was fine to do as well. Still, it would in interesting to see the blue and red reversed just to see how it looks.

I must say this year's thirds are coming out better than last year's in my mind.

Bring on the Wild's!

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

If the sleeves are indeed black, it's really a shame, because black and navy do not go together.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but they still look navy to me. If that's the case, I'll probably buy one.

I think these things are terrible. They took the general desigh from the Wild but screwed it up. The black is disgusting. Also, the way that star is kinda lobsided makes it look too cartoony. If the star was more of a picturesque star the logo would be better. Overall, I think they look like a uni from the UHL (one of the lower minor leagues-out of the midwest). Honestly, Sterling, one of our own, did a better job with Manitoba's third than Columbus did with this thing. I think they should have gone with a logo with the union hat and maybe some crossing rifles for the main crest. I give it a D-.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

I am in agreence with many of you - I don't like the black.

Very cool logo and well designed jersey.  What about gray where the black is? :cool:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

with the exception of the use of black, its nice to see that someone hasnt dropped the ball on thier third jersey, for once.

someone on that other logo board mentioned that the flag looks a little bit like puerto rico's flag. which to me doesnt because well, Im familiar with the differences between the puerto rican flag and the ohio state flag (Im a flag expert, amongst other things  :P )

I wouldnt be surprised if the bluejackets pull a penguins or sharks and make this thier home jersey eventually with a white version in the works for thier road jersey.

Thanks to EBAY, here's a pic of the new shoulder logo:

58_1.JPG

(Someone else may want to save it an host, because the auction will probably be done and overwith before we know it.)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

"Definately one of the nicest looking jerseys ever"???

Seriously... exactly what aspect of this logo communicates anything about the role Ohioans played in the Civil War? After all, wasn't one of the reasons for generating the new mark supposed to be an attempt to more effectively pay tribute to those Ohioans who gave their lives as Union Army "Blue Jackets" during the Civil War? Well, it fails MISERABLY in that regard. Instead, we get a small -easily overlooked - shoulder patch depicting a Union Army cap. Say what you want about the original Blue Jackets' mark that prominently featured "Stinger", but you could at least make out that the "bug" was wearing a Union soldier's uniform.

Ultimately, I see the Blue Jackets as being one of those franchises that is going to CONSTANTLY be tinkering with their identity package, never quite getting it right. All because they chose a lousy identity package to begin with. IMHO, they've got one of two choices:

A) Establish the original "Stinger" logo as their primary, with this new 3rd jersey logo as the secondary. At the very least, this would communicate the idea of a tribute to Union soldiers via the bug's uniform, while appealing to the youth market with the "Stinger" character.

B) Dump the Blue Jackets name and identity package all together, starting over from scratch. It's an ungainly name to begin with.

Brian in Boston

Brian brian, brian...

At first i disagreed, then as i read your reply in my original post box, i began to agree.

But were you really are trying to tell me a neon bug depicts a the plight of ohio-folk (i dont positively know the plural) in the civil war than a flag draping a bold star?

I agree also, where you think the bug fails, which it ultimately did, beyond the fact that it was a failure from the start in my opinion anyhow. And yes, they probably will tinker, and the name kinda blows, but they really are stuck with it. With that in mind, i think they did a fine job with it, and i wouldend doubt this to become the main logo within a year or two...

I don't care for the use of black rather than continuing with the blue.  Other than that, this is a very nice uniform, IMHO and an improvement over their present "regular" uniforms and logo.  

And how appropriate that they roll these out on Columbus Day.  I'm assuming that was very much planned.

BTW - To all of you Canadians out there, Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

The layout of the jersey is the Wild jersey with different colours.  Yay?

I agree with Brian.  That's a secondary mark at best.  It's nice work, but it doesn't really say Blue Jackets.

These aren't horrible, but they're very dull.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

the font in the shoulder patch doesn't relate to their primary wordmark, number/name font or any other club font.

that's just sloppy inconsistent design.

and why does the hat need to be in a circle

with the name spelled out when you have the

primary logo on the other sleeve? Just put the new hat

logo by itself, you don't need the name written out.

Archived