Showboating cost US woman gold

Mr. no funny nickname

karma... karma...

2ERLdjN05.jpg

Did anybody notice the ironic/unfortunate NBC promos next to the article?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I'd like to add that the snowboarder in question is from my neck of the woods (Roxbury, CT to be exact )....

Yeah, I'm SO feelin the pride today after that faceplant :flagusa::unclesam::upside:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

karma... karma...

20050103l40l40not_13_I_SCO.jpg

... karma, karma, karma chameleon . . . you come and go, you come and go-o-o-o

Oh, please, tell me you didn't see that coming.

I didn't, you win again.

Really? Wow. I mean, come on Chris, Culture Club is only like the greatest band in the history of the UK. You'd have to agree with that, now wouldn't you? :P

Returning to the topic at hand, Snowboardcross - which I had never heard of prior to these Games, is extremely fun to watch. I only wish I was coordinated enough to attempt it. There is certainly a lesson to be learned from this young lady's lack of judgment (and sportsmanship). Celebrate after you've won. Hopefully that issue will be addressed during the broadcast tonight and whomever speaks out won't get bashed as being unpatriotic.

karma... karma...

I didn't, you win again.

In the interest of confessing my sins (or embarrassing guilty pleasures, as the case may be <_< ), I will admit that I own that album on cassette . . . and the first Culture Club album as well (though neither has been out of the box in quite some time). Please set forth my penance.

I just suddenly had a vision of Leon Lett.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

"When she recovered, she trailed Frieden over the finish line, then put her hands on her knees and held her palms up."

How does one do that? What a goofy position to take.

Overall, snowboardcross is the most exciting of winter sports, ofr my money. It was a great watch.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

karma... karma...

I didn't, you win again.

In the interest of confessing my sins (or embarrassing guilty pleasures, as the case may be <_< ), I will admit that I own that album on cassette . . . and the first Culture Club album as well (though neither has been out of the box in quite some time). Please set forth my penance.

I just suddenly had a vision of Leon Lett.

where tha hood at?

I am not in the least surprised by this... after all, aren't most snowboarders nothing but a bunch of egotistical punks?

(yes, there are exceptions to the rule, but this is from observation)

VmWIn6B.png

Wow, that?s awfully harsh. And patently untrue.

Some things to remember about this incident:

She is 20. That?s young, guys. Expecting her to hold sport in such high regard, to be above any stylistic goofing off is a loft expectation from someone society won?t even trust to buy a beer.

Snowboarding is largely artistic. In fact, this is the only snowboarding event that isn?t judged. With anything artistic, you can expect eccentrics. What you ignorant call 'punks' are just artists who express themselves with motion, movement, and flair on a snowboard. Jacobellis is a half-pipe competitor as well, so she is trained to show some style.

She might have fallen anyway. If you watch much (any) of the event, folks fell all kinds of places, sometimes for no perceived reason. There was no guarantee she would have finished first, though it did seem likely.

There is no way to know if the Method air really caused her to fall, or if she was off course to her left anyway, and might have landed on her heels anyway. You can suppose all you want, but no one knows for sure.

If you saw the coverage tonight, then you know she came to talk to Bob Costas and owned up to letting her mind go somewhere else, and doing the wrong thing. I think that is mighty big of her. It would have been easy to deny. It would have been easy to avoid the media. But she went to the show, said she goofed it up.

And finally, the one thing I want you to remember most: SHE came in second. Not us. Not you. She. If what she did cost her a place in the medals, then SHE cost HERSELF a medal. That?s all it was. You should have no ill feelings about it anyway.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

There are no real ill feelings but she will now be remembered like Leon Lett who ESPN comapred her to already in the Hall of BOnehead game costing blunders.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived