Is this really true?

tohasbo

Starting in the 2006 NFL Season, NFL Network will show 8 Thursday and Saturday prime time, regular season games. These games would have been shown as Saturday games on CBS or FOX. This is the first time NFL Network will be showing live NFL games. The first broadcast will be on Thanksgiving night, Washington Redskins v Dallas Cowboys.  The Thanksgiving night game will change the NFL schedule from a traditional two games to a tripleheader.

Wow. Foreskins @ Crygirls on November 23rd???

Damn!

If this is indeed true, it is news to me and it would seem likely that the Cowboys will wear those throwbacks again for this game and maybe earlier during the 2006 season.

Not sure about the Saturday I think its just a 3rd game on those late December Staurdays, while yes there will be a tripple header on Thanksgiving.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Now, I am not just saying this becasue my team is now the defending champs, but with the new triple header on Thanksgiving I think the three games should be the two traditional ones in Detriot and Dallas and then the third at the defending champs. Anybody agree or have a different opinion?

Now, I am not just saying this becasue my team is now the defending champs, but with the new triple header on Thanksgiving I think the three games should be the two traditional ones in Detriot and Dallas and then the third at the defending champs. Anybody agree or have a different opinion?

defending Champs would be cool. I just think they should have someone who isn't in the NFC East or North because those teams in those division had more experiances on Turkey Day.

I do remember a few years back when the last TV contract was being worked out there was a talk that the SB champ would host a Thanksgiving night game. So that would make a lot of sense. Hell they should have a Wednesday night game as well with those teams having a bye the Sunday before.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

That's not a bad idea. I wouldn't mind if they mixed in a third permanent team to go along with the Lions and Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day, maybe an AFC team like Denver.

6uXNWAo.png

well we could do

Cowboys v. anybody

Lions V. anybody

rematch of super bowl like steelers versus seahawks

i have a question though, will the nfl be doing throwbacks next year or did they stop doing that because i noticed this year the lions and cowboys wore alternates instead of throwbacks.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

and here's the quote:

"Tara Menchaca, Austin, Texas: Is anyone else upset about the Thanksgiving Day game being on NFL TV? What about the fans who are not in the local market and do not have access to NFL TV? This is a Thanksgiving tradition that the NFL has completely messed up. I guess the fans don't matter. All that matters is making money and promoting a network. I will now NEVER subscribe. What makes this worse is that this game is against the Skins!

Mickey: OK, everybody take a deep breath and relax. NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue said at his annual Super Bowl Friday press conference that Detroit and Dallas would remain in their Thanksgiving Day time slots on Fox and CBS, and that teams which have been anxious to play host to a Thanksgiving Day game would rotate through the evening game to be broadcast by the NFL Network. So that report which came out earlier was erroneous, saying the Cowboys would be playing the Redskins in the debut evening game on Thanksgiving. Tradition has been preserved. And know the fans do matter, because Cowboys owner Jerry Jones maintained all along he wanted to remain in the 3 p.m. time slot on Thanksgiving."

Mickey is Mickey Spagnola, a Cowboys insider for years, who answers weekly questions for the team website. He can be kind of a jerk, but his info is usually on the money.

newsig.jpg

Kansas City thats who the AFC team should be

A team that hasn't won a playoff game in a dozen years? No thanks.

wow, that would mean the Lions shouldn't be on turkey day if you were the commish.

No. I don't have a problem with the Lions being there since they've been doing Thanksgiving Day games forever, it's tradition. I'm just saying if you were to add a new permanent team to Thanksgiving, wouldn't you want to pick from a team that will draw fans and that is a consistant winner. Denver comes to mind as they are an AFC team (since Dallas and Detroit are both NFL to kinda even things out). I think they'd make a better choice to be the third team rather than KC.

6uXNWAo.png

The new game should be rotated among various hosts. It is bad enough that two teams effectively get a bye going into December every year by having a game with three days' more rest than their opponents (not that the Lions have exactly taken advantage of that over the years). I don't think a third team should be added to the mix. In fact, if it weren't for the tradition, I would suggest that the Lions and Cowboys no longer be permanent hosts either, but I will allow that nod to tradition.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Well, what happens when the Lions win the superbowl this year? :D

...and yes, I realize it's impossible.

Kansas City thats who the AFC team should be

A team that hasn't won a playoff game in a dozen years? No thanks.

But KC's got a precident...

They used to host a Thanksgiving game back in their AFL days....

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

rematch of super bowl like steelers versus seahawks

the only way a rematch could occur is if it fits into the NFL's scheduling guidelines. see the link below for an idea of what schedules will look like in the future. In the slots marked as a division, that slot will be filled with the team from that division that finished the same rank as you the previous season.

NFL Schedules 2002-2009

Archived