Event you'd like to see added to the Winter Olympi

winghaz

At first I was thinking of putting this in as a joke. As in what event would you REALLY like to see added to the Winter Olympics. And I thought of things like full-contact figure skating, barefoot speed skating and the lesbian luge.

Then, after seeing the bit about Bryant Gumbel's comments, I got to thinking of a real event one could add to the Winter Olympics that wasn't invented by Europeans or their descendents:

My pick -- dogsledding. Invented by the Eskimos. I think it would be a fine addition to the Winter Olympics (even though PETA would make a stink about it, but who cares about them anyway).

What would you like to see added?

I really have no idea what you can add to the winter games that isn't already there. Dogsledding might work, as it would be the winter equivalent to equestrian, but anything else would branch off into winter x games territory, and I certainly don't want to see snowmobile events. The one I want taken away though is ice dancing, because let's face it, all it is is ballroom on skates, and until they add ballroom to the summer program, this one can go.

VmWIn6B.png

Then let me rephrase this: What event would you like to see added AND what event would you like to see tossed out?

As for the one to toss out, they can get rid of that speedskating team pursuit race. I love to watch speedskating, but team pursuit is just stupid.

Ice Dancing and Short Track can both go and I wouldn't miss it.

I'd love to see a winter decathalon

1. Alpine Skiing

2. Slalom

3. Suger-G

4. Mogels

5. Figure Skating short program

6. Figure Skating long program

7. Ski Jumping

8. Snowboarding Halfpipe

9. Luge

10. Cross-Country Skiing

Or if not, there's always tobogganing.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Funny, we had this discussion today, my friend and I.

Male pairs figure skating.

Mixed luge.

Seriously, though, as said above, anything you could add would almost have to be from the "extreme sport" category.

Snowboarding should not be an Olympic sport, period. I'm sure it's 'tough' and all that crap NBC and X-games lovers try to sell us, but there is ZERO nobility to it. I pull for the USA in all events EXCEPT snowboarding.

Watch any interview with a snowboarder...well don't

INTERVIEWER: We're here live in Torino with a promising young shredder named Kyle Larson

KYLE: You said 'shredder' like the biggest lame-o

INTERVIEWER: I sincerey apologize...how has Torino been for you and your teamates?

KYLE: Torino?

INTERVIEWER: Well, it's the historic, and beautiful city you've been living in for the last two weeks

KYLE: Did the Dominoes dude show up yet?

INTERVIEWER : Kyle, what makes you proud to be an Olympian?

KYLE: well free beer and the easy p**sy

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but Jesus, I don't want clueless pot heads on a medal stand, this is why the X-Games were invented in the first place.

newsig.jpg

We dont need Ice Dancing we got the Pairs Figure Skating to me its redudant.

Dog Sled Racing may be cool to add.

Au contraire. NUDE ice dancing definitely would be interesting. Or women's NUDE speed skating, either one.

:D

Beat me to it. I was all set to add "women's nude team ice dancing."

Great minds... :D

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Snowboarding should not be an Olympic sport, period. I'm sure it's 'tough' and all that crap NBC and X-games lovers try to sell us, but there is ZERO nobility to it. I pull for the USA in all events EXCEPT snowboarding.

INTERVIEWER: We're here live in Torino with a promising young shredder named Kyle Larson

INTERVIEWER: I sincerey apologize...how has Torino been for you and your teamates?

INTERVIEWER: Well, it's the historic, and beautiful city you've been living in for the last two weeks

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but Jesus, I don't want clueless pot heads on a medal stand, this is why the X-Games were invented in the first place.

Way to stereotype people that have to take drug tests to compete. You are right...HUGE potheads all of them.

Ice Dancing and Short Track can both go and I wouldn't miss it.

I'd love to see a winter decathalon

1. Alpine Skiing

2. Slalom

3. Suger-G

4. Mogels

5. Figure Skating short program

6. Figure Skating long program

7. Ski Jumping

8. Snowboarding Halfpipe

9. Luge

10. Cross-Country Skiing

Or if not, there's always tobogganing.

Wow thats a great idea and the ultimate test of winter endurance, but how can you not like short track speed skating there are allot of wipe outs.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Snowboarding should not be an Olympic sport, period.  I'm sure it's 'tough' and all that crap NBC and X-games lovers try to sell us, but there is ZERO nobility to it.  I pull for the USA in all events EXCEPT snowboarding.

KYLE:  You said 'shredder' like the biggest lame-o

Way to stereotype people that have to take drug tests to compete. You are right...HUGE potheads all of them.

Fair enough. I should have said 'acted' like pot heads. We have plenty here in Austin. :D

newsig.jpg

one of the most idiotic posts i've read in a long time.

Snowboarding should not be an Olympic sport, period.  I'm sure it's 'tough' and all that crap NBC and X-games lovers try to sell us, but there is ZERO nobility to it.  I pull for the USA in all events EXCEPT snowboarding.

KYLE:  You said 'shredder' like the biggest lame-o

one of the most idiotic posts i've read in a long time.

how so? I actually saw a guy basically say exactly what I posted in Salt Lake City. Get off your high horse.

newsig.jpg

Archived