Disturbing New Logo Ripoff

TruColor

I just received an email with some pics attached from the "Winter Blast" during the Super Bowl in Detroit. Besides the fact that they used the old Seahawks logo (what a surprise), they also used a Cardinals logo that looks a bit familiar.

Here are some of the pics taken from this Winter Blast:

IMG012.jpg

IMG014.jpg

And then, there is THIS!!!!!!:

IMG017_edited.jpg

Remember this logo? It's Greg Malek's concept from my Arizona Cardinals Concepts on the SSUR:

GregMalek_PrimaryLogo1.jpg

Unbelievable.

Yeah, I took the photos and sent them to Pantone.

I think I would actually be honored to see my creation in ice.

Sorry...meant to give you credit.

Nice find, and thanks for sending them to me.

Great Carving - Greg needs to be compensated.

The Raven lawsuit all over again.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Maybe the guy saw the concept logo somewhere and thought it was the actual logo for the Arizona Cardinals. He already used the old Seahwaks logo thinking it was current. Maybe the guy doing the carving doesn't know too muck about sports logos. Why would he use NFL logos and then use a Cardinals logo that isn't real unless he thought it was the actual mark? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Looks to me like it could yhave been an honest mistake.

Whoever did the carvings used "artistic license".

The Jaguars sculpture used the crawling full body jaguar.

The bears was a helmet with the bear in the middle of the C.

I'm guessing the person carving the logos just picked logos he thought were cool.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Maybe the guy saw the concept logo somewhere and thought it was the actual logo for the Arizona Cardinals. He already used the old Seahwaks logo thinking it was current. Maybe the guy doing the carving doesn't know too muck about sports logos. Why would he use NFL logos and then use a Cardinals logo that isn't real unless he thought it was the actual mark? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Looks to me like it could yhave been an honest mistake.

It might not have been the same people doing the carving. Still, there needs to be some compensation here. Really though, if I had designed that logo, I would be honored to have it in ice.

Then i'd sue.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Where did they do that Cardinals logo at?(There's no icy conditions in Phoenix)

Maybe they did it in Flagstaff where it snows

It was at the Super Bowl (read the first sentence of PANTONE's post :)) I am amzed at what people can do with ice sculpting.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived