Stevie Franchise

Nesi427

Just heard on ESPN Radio that the Knicks have acquired Steve Francis of ORL for Penny Hardaway and Trevor Ariza.

Thoughts and comments from the Knick and Magic fans???

I personally don't know what the hell the Knicks are doing right now! I am tired of seeing old veterans on the court for Larry Brown. I want the NEW starting 5 to be:

Marbury

Francis

Frye

Lee

Curry

With Robinson and Crawford off the bench.

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

ya, it's gonna be interesting to have Marbury, Crawford, and now Francis all vying for shots in that back court...I feel for Channing Frye!

meanwhile, good to see Orlando continue to compile young talent. A core of Howard, Nelson, Milicic, and Ariza certainly aint bad until new contract talks come up

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

This is the greatest news ever. :rolleyes:

I'm willing to see how they produce on the court - who knows, maybe it'll be striking gold. But I doubt it. Right now, I don't like it... I don't know many who would.

Why would you surround Stephon Marbury with players who are duplicates rather than those that compliment him? Jamal Crawford, Steve Francis.... they do everything Marbury does, except Steph does it better. I just don't get it.

At least I'll have fuel for when I write my next article for the school paper. As if I needed any more to write about the Knicks.

:welcome: Stevie.... I guess.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

That surprises me a bit. Not the fact that Francis was traded, everyone expected that. But that he was traded for so little. Hardaway was a famous Magic, but he hasn't done much the last couple of years. Ariza is young, but doesn't seem like that great of a player. I don't know alot about the NBA, but New York may have gotten a real steal in this deal.

NBA.com news

Isiah!!

Crawford, Marbury, Richardson, Robinson, and now Francis?

How many guards worthy of starting can one team have?

NY now has the highest paid backcouty (stpeh and steve) in league history.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

this is like putting five defensemen on the ice. Isiah: GET. A. POINT. GUARD!!!

(no, not TJ...we kinda need him here for about 10-15 years :D )

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Thank God IM a Nets fan because if I was a KNicks fan I would put my head through a wall. This orginization is simply clueless. Isaih Thomas might just be the worst GM in the NBA. Francis wont help he just gives them more bloated contracts of overrated oveer paid players and when LeBron James becomes a Free Agent the KNicks wont have the Cap Room.

They dont have a draft pick next year, Jerome James was a bad signing, Quenting Rochardson could not Gaurd Me. Stephon Marburry just plain sucks and Eddy Curry is not worth near what they gave up.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Geez... Why don't they change their colors and change their name to the Villanova Knicks.

Stinking four guard crap. What about a center, hell even a damn foward would be nice!

Remeber in the late 90s when the team's philosophy applied to the foward position...?

John Wallace, Walter McCarty, Tim Thomas, Keith Van Horn, Kurt Thomas, Othella Harrington, etc...

OYE!

I just want the youngsters to play!!!!

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

Geez... Why don't they change their colors and change their name to the Villanova Knicks.

Because that's insulting to the college team. And that college team would kick the snot out of this attempt at a real-life rotisserie league team 8 games out of 10. Why? None of the VU guards is a selfish prima donna who thinks they're THE MAN though they don't have the stats to back it up. Knicks guards wouldn't understand passing up a shot to hit an open teammate if they watched the Villanova guards do it in front of them. (Oh yeah... and the VU guards are accurate shooters.)

Unless the Knicks petition the NBA to let them play with 3 basketballs in play simultaneously, this is insult to injury for Knicks fans. Isiah has managed to make the team as mediocre as they were before his tenure, but a helluva lot more expensive. Strong work, Zeke...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

NY now has the highest paid backcouty (stpeh and steve) in league history.

Actually, they're not..and they're not even the highest paid backcourt in the area either...Kidd and Carter for the Nets make more, but at least they're worth it..

Still, silly moves like this make my drive home much more enjoyable when Knicks fans are going ape on 1050 and the FAN....the comedy is just off the scales.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Anybody else find it hilarious that "Stevie Franchise" is now with his THIRD FRANCHISE (not counting Vancouver) and he's failed to win anything of consequence with the first two? Can we stop calling him that?

My thoughts exactly! I hate when announcers call him that. He has the most annoying nickname in all of sport. Plus to call him "Franchise" suggests he means EVERYTHING to a team. I suggest calling him "Franchise Killer".

Lakers Dodgers Angels Kings Dolphins Galaxy Liverpool FC UC Santa Barbara USC Trojans UNLV Rebels

Archived