Overused team nicknames

Drew22

Maybe not the most overused OVERALL, but i put my vote in for every :cursing: 'ing team with a Native American moniker switching their name to the :cursing: 'ing RedHawks or Wolves.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

tigers...bulldogs

those two are pretty popular along with eagles

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Eagels, tigers, etc. are overused, but I'd rather see them be used more often. Why? Because all of these teams are obsessed with being unique and you get weird names with no "s" on the end.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

Β 

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!!! :P

Most Liked Content of the DayΒ -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017Β  Β  Β /////Β  Β  Β Β Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005Β Β πŸ™ƒ

:devil:Β  DEVILSΒ  :devil:

You got Blue Devils, Sun Devils, Sea Devils, NJ Devils, Devil Rays, Red Devils and so on.

I'd say :devil: .

don't forget Delta Devils

btw who are the Red Devils

Dickinson College, for one.

Most Liked Content of the DayΒ -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017Β  Β  Β /////Β  Β  Β Β Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005Β Β πŸ™ƒ

The most common sports nickname has got to be Eagles. Off the top of my head, I can think of nearly fifty colleges that use the name... and that doesn't include the schools that are using it with an additional adjective (i.e. Golden....Screaming... Bald, etc). You factor those schools in and there are over seventy colleges utilizing the Eagles brand.

Bulldogs.

They are fat, ugly, slow, and not particularly intelligent. Nice mascot. At least an Eagle can fly.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

Β 

ΓΔΒ!

Β 

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Wildcats

three off the top of my head in the NCAA Tourney.

Kentucky

Arizona

Villianova

That was the one I was going to add. Just about every peewee football league has got a team called the 'Wildcats' in there. Actually, feline names in general are pretty much overused ?Wildcats, Lions, Cougars, etc.

And don't forget the Red Devils of Manchester United.

Archived