Minor Change for AZ Cardinals Uniforms

TruColor

Just noticed this today - and I'm still trying to verify that it is a legitimate change - but it appears that the Arizona Cardinals are making a change to the players' names on the back of the jerseys. They're going from single tackle twill lettering (White), to two-color letters (White trimmed in Black).

Certainly not a big deal, but we all know how we all are...

:P

chrisbuyingjersey.jpg

Good info Pantone - it definately makes a difference in the look. Might be different if they used gray stitching. Keep us posted on anything new!!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

it definately makes a difference in the look.

It's barely noticable and nobody watching them on TV or their in-person will be able to see the difference.

It's the little things that make a uniform great. The little things that tha average fan doesn't notice. By the way, this is a sports logos and sports uniforms message board. Did you know that?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I like the red Jerseys, but I absolutely HATE the white ones. Which stinks because they almost never wear the red ones. The red tops on the away jerseys is too much. One the red jerseys all of the modern touches look nice, but on the white away ones they should just be all white. It is a necessary balance of simplicity and modern style that I think they missed. I also don't care for the font of the numbers. It looks like the cheap generic jersey knockoff lettering you used to see before they made replicas more authentic. Not too mention I never got why the Falcons and the Cardinals who have bird mascots use blocky fonts as opposed to sharp and sleek fonts like you would expect from a bird to give the feeling of movement.

Hopefully now that they have the roof they will wear only the reds at home.

Great info, as always Pantone.

I think if you have a unique number style, and just use block names, keeping the names basic one color is the way to go, as it makes the numbers "pop" more. See Ravens for example (note that they actually changed this after their first season or two.)

I feel the same way about baseball jerseys that feature cool custom scripts accross the chest. Having the front numbers in block really makes the script pop more than having a custom number that splits your focus. Put the custom number on the back (with block names) but leave it basic on the front.

The AZ Card's numbers are custom, but not so much that the outlined name thing will have much of an impact.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I can live with the Cardinals' tops, but the pants are just awful and detract from the whole concept. If they would change the striping on the pant legs to something more traditional, or go with just solid pants w/out stripes, then I would like the unis.

Unfortunately, Gray is still considered a "team color" of sorts. In the news conference for the new stadium interior design, Michael Bidwill referred to the "five team colors - Red, Black, Gold, White and Gray".

The new stadium has Red and Gray seats - they're in a pattern representing a Native American symbol (the mandela), the exterior of the stadium is a metallic Gray, and one of the levels of the stadium is even in Gray:

20060322_strata.jpg

As much as it pains me, I think the Gray masks are here for a while...

If Edge has his way, the team will wear black shoes next year too. He said he thought they would look great with the new unis.

In fact, I think when the new unis came out last year, a few of the players were quoted as saying they wanted to wear black shoes, but were shot down by management.

The uniforms look great in both colors and lets prey they don't opt for a black or yellow/gold alt. That would be way worse...

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived