New Ohio State Jerseys

TheStoicPaisano

I am confused as to where the numbers are. the replica has them on the sleeve and teh authentic looks like it is on the shoulders. I kinda don't care but I preferred last years. I would like it if it was a single game jersey, ala a bunch of other teams lately.

They are on the sleeve, they look like the shoulder on the authentic because a lot of on-field jerseys lack, well, sleeves.

spikes.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sucks. The school's colors are scarlet and GRAY...hell, it even says it in the fight song. The old ones were nearly perfect (aside from any matching stripe discussion) and this is a big step backwards (coming from an alumnus).

I don't like Ohio State one bit. And now I don't like their uniforms, either. Whose bright idea was it to ditch the grey?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Wow. I did not see this one coming. I'm not too upset about it though, even though I LOVE the Bucks. I guess I'll have to wait and see it on the field before I make any judgements.

Could it be possible that all the Nike teams are going to this type of jersey? Not this template, but the kind with almost no sleeves and are really tight. A number have switched over already (Miami, Clemson, the state up north, Missouri), but could it be possible that they ALL are switching? I know of one more that I didn't think would ever change their style under their current coach that is switching to the same style as the Mizzou.

My dreams have come true! I have been the biggest advocate for this change for as long as I can remember, and now it has finally come to fruition. The uniform is now perfect in every sense of the word. The old stripes did not match anything, and they were far too big to look good on the tiny sleeves of a modern football jersey.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Wow. I did not see this one coming. I'm not too upset about it though, even though I LOVE the Bucks. I guess I'll have to wait and see it on the field before I make any judgements.

Could it be possible that all the Nike teams are going to this type of jersey? Not this template, but the kind with almost no sleeves and are really tight. A number have switched over already (Miami, Clemson, the state up north, Missouri), but could it be possible that they ALL are switching? I know of one more that I didn't think would ever change their style under their current coach that is switching to the same style as the Mizzou.

Jersey fit/type is a lot different than the styling of the jersey. They could've changed the type of jersey and kept the striping the same. They consciously decided to make this change.

ersey fit/type is a lot different than the styling of the jersey. They could've changed the type of jersey and kept the striping the same. They consciously decided to make this change.

I agree that the fit and the styling are different, but disagree on the fact that you could keep the striping. It simply does not fit on this kind of jerseys. The sleves are too small. Up until now, this type of jersey hasn't had ANY sleeve stripes at all. Clemson has the paw print logo. Michigan and Miami have numbers. I don't think Missouri has anything on their sleeves. I'm trying to say that while this change was consciously decided, the style of the jersey has something to do with it.

Hmmmm... not what I wouldv'e done. I'd like to see the TV numbers switch back to the smaller black ones from the 60's... now that was a one-of-a-kind look.

But the main thing is, they will continue to pound Michigan on a yearly basis. Tressle OWNS Carr and the rapidly sinking Wolverines.

thumbs down, I am very dissapointed.

Sure the stripes now match but so what? The jersey looks incomplete. The striping pattern

only looks best when its on a grey/silver ground, period. When you place it on the red, as they've done on the jersey it looks like something is missing. And just because it harkens back to another jersey and "the way it used to be" doesn't make it right. The sleeve stripes they've had

with the grey for however many years now is far better looking, unique and completes the uniform.

Everything doesn't have to be exactly matchy-match like friggin Garanimals, jeesh.

Hi, Guys first post for me! They just had a story about it on the news. They showed them off at the spring preview. But they had the older style jersey(last years) right there with this new one. So I don't know if this is a throwback deal or really is the new jersey. I guess we'll wait and see till the spring game on the 22nd.

columbusdestroyersrf6.png

osuzd9.png

ersey fit/type is a lot different than the styling of the jersey. They could've changed the type of jersey and kept the striping the same. They consciously decided to make this change.

I agree that the fit and the styling are different, but disagree on the fact that you could keep the striping. It simply does not fit on this kind of jerseys. The sleves are too small. Up until now, this type of jersey hasn't had ANY sleeve stripes at all. Clemson has the paw print logo. Michigan and Miami have numbers. I don't think Missouri has anything on their sleeves. I'm trying to say that while this change was consciously decided, the style of the jersey has something to do with it.

OSU has had the same jersey sleeve cut. It's not changing. When we changed our jerseys last year, while the jersey itself got tighter, the sleeve length did not change. OSU had stripes last year with the same sleeve length.

2004:

henne.jpg

2005:

henne_chad180.jpg

spikes.jpg

I agree that they mainly had the same sleeve length last year, but that was on the old type of jersey. Isn't it possible that this new style of jersey cannot have the thick stripes on it that take up the whole sleeve? The new jerseys strech more than the ones the Bucks used until last season. I'm suggesting that those stripes would not work on this type of jersey because they would have to strech out when on the shoulder pads.

I agree that they mainly had the same sleeve length last year, but that was on the old type of jersey. Isn't it possible that this new style of jersey cannot have the thick stripes on it that take up the whole sleeve? The new jerseys strech more than the ones the Bucks used until last season. I'm suggesting that those stripes would not work on this type of jersey because they would have to strech out when on the shoulder pads.

well if thats the case, go back to the old style. it looked much better.

see what happens when you get a new AD.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

I don't see what the big deal is regarding sleeve length - this is a case of the uni manufacturers following the trend they see, especially with a lot of the linemen wearing jerseys *really* freaking tight, and evolving the manufacturing and design. some skill position guys may want to keep longer sleeves, but I don't think it should be mandated. guys will just modify the uniforms anyways *shrug*

harperdc.gif

Archived