New Ohio State Jerseys

TheStoicPaisano

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They had one of the sharpest uniforms in college football.

Now they don't.

The Buckeye nation is not happy.

True downgrade.

The uniqueness of the "Buckeye Stripe", as Woody called it, was what made the unis stand out.

Sad, sad day...

Old 88-05 look was a 10 out of 10. New look, 80-87, 06 look is a 4 or 5 out of 10.

Great move.

Now they match the helmet stripe pattern and the pants stripe pattern.

How is matching bad???

But now there is an even bigger problem of having grey pants, grey helmets, and havong no grey on the jersey. If they made the stripe pattern Grey-black-white-red-white-black-grey theat problem would disappear and it would still match.

jersey-pants.gif

okay, so based on this lineart. For all those who are in the "matching is good" camp, shouldn't the white jersey not have grey in the sleeve striping? cuz It doesn't match the red jersey, helmet and pant stripe.

IMO: I think the white jersey here looks much better than the red, that little but of grey is perfect.

For me, matching doesn't have to be the exact same striping on everything, things can still

look good together and live as a group without being an exact mirror image. Which is why I think people are reacting negatively to this change. Everything was good together as it was, by trying

to use the same exact configuration it's trying to put a square peg in a round hole. I

ll say it again, the jelmet and pant stripe only looks good on a silver or grey ground. It looks incomplete on anything else, don't force it.

Example, try taking the Steelers sleeve stripe and putting that on the helmet and pants.

In your mind it sounds iike a good idea, it's consistent. But when you do it, it just starts getting

forced and overkill. Which is why the steelres look so good, everything looks great together without being exactly the same.

They are pretty boring. Looking more like UGA is certainly not a good thing. I've seen high schools and pee wee teams with better unis.

But, ont he good side, it isnt a piping and panels extravaganza like most new Nikes jerseys are. Thats a good thing.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

jersey-pants.gif

okay, so based on this lineart. For all those who are in the "matching is good" camp, shouldn't the white jersey not have grey in the sleeve striping? cuz It doesn't match the red jersey, helmet and pant stripe.

IMO: I think the white jersey here looks much better than the red, that little but of grey is perfect.

For me, matching doesn't have to be the exact same striping on everything, things can still

look good together and live as a group without being an exact mirror image. Which is why I think people are reacting negatively to this change. Everything was good together as it was, by trying

to use the same exact configuration it's trying to put a square peg in a round hole. I

ll say it again, the jelmet and pant stripe only looks good on a silver or grey ground. It looks incomplete on anything else, don't force it.

Example, try taking the Steelers sleeve stripe and putting that on the helmet and pants.

In your mind it sounds iike a good idea, it's consistent. But when you do it, it just starts getting

forced and overkill. Which is why the steelres look so good, everything looks great together without being exactly the same.

I agree that the white jersey looks better here, and it always has, in my opinion. I think the grey should appear on the stripes on the scarlet jersey as well, even though I advocate matching stripes. I advocate the stripes matching in style, not necesarily the exact configuration, color, and everything to a T. And for the record, no, I wouldn't put the Steelers sleeve stripes on the helmet, but I would definitely put a single gold stripe on the sleeves. Looks great on Vanderbilt.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

What it looks like to me is that this Nike template may not have been able to contain the old design.

The shortness and cut of the sleeve panels don't look like they could hold the old big numbers. And the big stripes usually covered about all of the old sleeve. Here, on the back side, the stripes would have to stop at a weird angle, again, due to the cut of the panels.

There are a ton of templates for jerseys, but I have to wonder if OSU picked this one for performance, then had to adapt their look.

Just a thought. Could be wrong.

Well this OSU alum thinks those new jerseys flat out suck. Why mess with perfection? Oh wait that's right $$$$$$$. Yeah good luck selling a ton of those. Awful just awful. :cursing:

you know buckeye fans, they will eat this s**t up. And I bet you most of them won't even notice or care. That's the way people are when subtle changes like this are made because people are stupid. I own a craig krenzel white jersey and a micheal doss scarlet jersey and from what it looks like I will have to wear them for a while until they hopefully change back because I don't like these uni's at all. I've always associated that striping pattern with Earl Bruce and teams of a standard lower than Ohio State and the return to the gray stripes as the return to greatness. They also look like the Tampa Bay Bandits once again.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived