New Ohio State Jerseys

TheStoicPaisano

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see why people keep saying they look like Georgia. Georgia has numbers outlined in black and no sleeve stripes and a black collar. Thus 3 of the 4 major design elements that make up a football jersey [color, numbers, sleeves, and collar/cuffs] are different, so how exactly do they look alike?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

What I like about the new homes is that the jersey stripes match the helmet and pants stripes.

Of course the jersey itself will be compared to Georgia, Wisconsin, whatever. But the uniform as a whole is much different.

The road jerseys are a BIG improvement.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

i know what you mean, like I been sayin, the homes look more like Wisconsin than Ugla. the roads look different enough, but the homes could be switched with Wisconsin's and you'd only notice differently when you started wondering when Ohio State started using the motion W :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The two times the jerseys were announced as being on sale during the Spring Game, they were slightly booed.

Roads:

1810060_300.jpg

i like the road unis.

i just dont see why they couldnt make the home unis

black/white/grey/white/black

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

I can't see why people keep saying they look like Georgia. Georgia has numbers outlined in black and no sleeve stripes and a black collar. Thus 3 of the 4 major design elements that make up a football jersey [color, numbers, sleeves, and collar/cuffs] are different, so how exactly do they look alike?

Maybe not sleeve stripes but bands at the ends of the sleeves.

I won't hotlink to SSUR but there's a pic there:

http://www.ssur.org/news/items/2005/200504...ersey75A-lg.jpg

Agreed that there's no similarity beyond both using red, black and white - well, that and the fact that they are both football jerseys with holes for the heads and arms, etc... :P

tzch6.jpg

Maybe not sleeve stripes but bands at the ends of the sleeves.

I won't hotlink to SSUR but there's a pic there:

http://www.ssur.org/news/items/2005/200504...ersey75A-lg.jpg

Agreed that there's no similarity beyond both using red, black and white - well, that and the fact that they are both football jerseys with holes for the heads and arms, etc... :P

the problem is it doesnt SCREAM ..THEE OHIO STATE.

you could look at the old ones and know that its the BUCKEYES.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Is there any reason why Nike is putting the numbers on the shoulders for the authentics and the sleeves for the replicas?

That is a little confusing. I think it has to do with the actual jerseys having smaller sleeves. If you cut the sleeves down after you get it you can actually have the person making the alteration move the sleeve stripe all the way up to the shoulder. With replica jerseys, not so much since the material isn't as durable

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I really don't mind these uniforms, at least the aways. I think if Nike is able to recreate the stripe pattern from last year, even if it's a little thinner, they should go ahead and do that. But I think the new away shirt should stay.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

This is terrible, just terrible I tell you. These are gonna have to go. Somebody's gotta protest in Columbus!!!!!

Bring Back the Old Jerseys!!!!!!

I totally agree. They aren't bad, but they aren't what they used to be and that's what I don't like about them.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• 3 months later...

Archived