What I'd like to see the Mets wear in 2007

Bearcats

You are certainly headed in the right direction, BullsandBearcats. I'd like to see the black trim totally removed, but you've knocked it down to next to nothing. I think that orange alt should be againist MLB rules. It is unfair for the opposing hitter to have to hit a ball while staring straight into the sun.

i agree about the orange BP jersey, way too bright. even the blue is too bright. everything else looks great, except for the aforementioned blue pinstripes. i am wondering how orange pinstripes would look. probably wont work, but it could be worth a shot. i like how black isnt used as a prominent color, and i think these are headed in the right direction.

The blue pinstripe is too "Yankee-ish"...i like the other ones though.

But haven't the Mets always had blue pinstripes? Of course I'm referring when they actually wore white homes.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

True the mets have always had pinstrips but recent they dont wear it as much, i like to see them get rid of the pinstripes, cause when u thin pinstrips in NY, u think the yankees, second i dont like orange as an alternate. I have to be the only one in the world that think the mets should keep black in their uniforms

As much as I think pinstripes when I think of the Mets, when they've gone without pinstripes at home, I've preferred that look to the traditional pinstripes.

I would have loved this concept 1000 times more had it stopped after the home and road primaries. Everything else - TWO alternates, traffic cone orange, black shadowing/numbering, orange bills on caps - really detracts from the concept overall. I could see a blue alt if you really REALLY had to have an alt (and you don't... <_<), but an alternate for home and road gets out of hand, especially since the other logical color is orange.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

What I like:

- Home and road sets: simple, clean, sparingly used black

- Although I don't see the Mets as an "alt team", I do like the blue alt idea

What I dislike:

- 2 alt sets, especially the orange one

- orange numbers on the blue alt...I think white would be better, or a white outline on the orange

- orange socks

- black numbers on the BP jersey

- Although you use it sparingly, I don't like the black for the Mets

The blue pinstripe is too "Yankee-ish"...i like the other ones though.

That's why they've worn em since they became a team in 1962.

Brooklyn Dodgers blue + New York Giants orange + New York Yankees pinstripes = what?

your New York Mets

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I saw your Home and Road and thought, "FINALLY!" Then I saw the home alts and went "D'OH!".

If the Home and Away alts were both blue with orange script (white trim) I think it'd be perfect. I don't dig the orange unis but it's just my own taste.

The Mets will always be pinstripes to me. It's not Yankee-ish in my eyes. It's just sweet.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Archived