Aeros bring back Bomber

Davey

I was on ahl offical site when i found this:

hou06_200.jpg

Its offical on ahl site and aeros site that, The Houston Aeros will use the original ?Bomber? as their primary logo beginning in the 2006-07 regular season.

This is what they will be wearing ( basically replacing the logo )

HomeJerseysweb.jpg

Here is the article about the information

Aeros

4kv29i.jpg

Well, the Aeros have come halfway to their senses, bringing back their fantastic logo from the glory years. Now they just need to realize that wearing Wild clone unis is a bad idea.

While we're on the subject, anyone else remember the Aeros' 3rd jersey online poll from a while back? What ever came of that?

EDIT: Upon further review, looks like the MIG-29 logo is staying around on a 3rd sweater. Some of those original proposed alts looked good - let's see if any of those designs show up again for this new alt.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

they apparently see there is a problem and went out to solve it. Unfortunately, they left that which needed an overhaul largely untouched.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Well, the Aeros have come halfway to their senses, bringing back their fantastic logo from the glory years. Now they just need to realize that wearing Wild clone unis is a bad idea.

While we're on the subject, anyone else remember the Aeros' 3rd jersey online poll from a while back? What ever came of that?

EDIT: Upon further review, looks like the MIG-29 logo is staying around on a 3rd sweater. Some of those original proposed alts looked good - let's see if any of those designs show up again for this new alt.

That's not a MiG-29 mate. It's a generic fighter jet

mig29_5.jpg

Oh for the days of old...

P0042490.jpg

Once can only hope. ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Looks more like a MiG 29 than the F-18 they tried to pass it off as. :P

BTW-They'll have plenty of time to plan out the new look after Peoria takes them down in 6 ^_^

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Looks more like a MiG 29 than the F-18 they tried to pass it off as. :P

BTW-They'll have plenty of time to plan out the new look after Peoria takes them down in 6 ^_^

Here's some F-18 loving in a hockey logo. Too bad they're a Leafs' affiliate... :)

PENS_gyjyg2hfdoch9pioohn2.gif

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I go to about 20 games a year and half of the jerseys are still the bomber. It could be because this years is the first year that the Aeros have had the same Home/Away jersey set for two years in a row.

I never liked the jet, it seems to generic. I have a white bomber jersey, and it brings back memories of the IHL and Calder Cup Championships.

One...Two...Three....HE SHOTS....HE SCORES....HEY GOALIE....YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Aeros in 5. :hockeysmiley:

TEXASFIGHT.gifAstros-Sig.gifUntitled-1.gifAeros.gif

I always find it humorous when the Aeros take the ice in their sharp wild-wannabe jerseys but with the beat up breezers from the wild's last season that don't even come close to matching anymore. At least the logo will now match the hideous vintage numbers that clash with the modern jet.

At least the logo will now match the hideous vintage numbers that clash with the modern jet.

Actually, I'm hoping for a shift to numbers that match the font used in the wordmark. That's what they used when they hosted the IHL All-Star game in 2000. If not, block number suited the old style just fine.

And I'm a proud owner of this:

PICT0391.jpg

Now that's the stuff.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As long as they are sticking with the Wild colors, and it's no surprize that they are since I'm sure they can save some serious money using the same jersey for both Houston and Minnesota, bringing back the old bomber logo is a great move, and not a bad looking jersey/logo combination at all.

:hockeysmiley:

I hope they keep the stencil font that they currently use too.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

:blink: Wow... That's an oldie! Glad you like it, though.

<temporary thread hijack>

For what it's worth, I did an updated Aeros concept several months ago. You can find it here, and I did a full WHA update (part 2) here.

</temporary thread hijack>

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I hope they keep the stencil font that they currently use too.

Ugh. NO NO NO NO NO. That looks awful.

And, Cole? Usually you and I agree.. but so not this time. Those green/blue Aeros jerseys were fantastic. What a great motif.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

LOve the bomber logo!

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Archived