Would you draft or hire Marcus Vick

HatManTC

so the draft has come and gone, and Marcus Vick's phone did not ring. my question to you is you would give this kid a chance. or would you let him live of his brother for the rest of his life.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Not if I were in the NFL, in the CFL thats another story a player like this could be an attractiona dn draw fan intrest, and give him a chnace to prove himself.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

He claims to have matured. If I were a team in need of a good QB (i.e. Det, Buf, NYJ*, etc.) I'd take a chance. What do you have to lose?

* Pennington isn't bad, but he's Mr. Glass. If he were more fragile, all you'd have to do is look at him funny and he'd get hurt.

Not changing until the Dallas Stars give all their pre-Dallas history, logos, colors, unis, name, etc. to the Minnesota Wild.

He claims to have matured. If I were a team in need of a good QB (i.e. Det, Buf, NYJ*, etc.) I'd take a chance. What do you have to lose?

* Pennington isn't bad, but he's Mr. Glass. If he were more fragile, all you'd have to do is look at him funny and he'd get hurt.

what do you have to lose? Thousands of dollars.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Eh, the Saints are doing the same with Adrian McPherson, who is their 3rd-string QB. Perhaps Mr. Vick should tear up the AFL first before the NFL looks at him.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I don't think he's worth the risk, everyone thought he learned his lesson after he was forced to sit out a year but obviously that wasn't enough of a whack upside the head. Bottom line is he's screwed up this many times, he will do it again.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

I wouldn't touch Marcus until he showed me that he could handle the money & life playing somewhere like the CFL. The maybe, if he still had some skills, i'd sign him to be a developmental project QB.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Sure, I'd hire him.

If I were the head of a major drug ring and I want someone to set up a franchise in newly-legal "brother of Ron" Mexico. As long as he promised not to smoke to profits.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

If you can take a flyer on him, just sign him to the league minimum, why not? He's not in a position to ask for much now. Cut him if he doesn't work out. It's a low-risk proposition.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm not entirely sure I'm ready to write this kid off like the rest of you are. What exactly did he do? Stepped on an opponant's ankle, and smoked a little weed? Hell, i've done worse.

I'd invite him to camp. See what he's got. Might make a decent slot receiver. Could be a Randle-El with the throwing.

I'd invite him, see how he did.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'd take a chance. What do you have to lose?.

and the huge PR hit. I wouldn't want that thug living in my community.

take a look at the sex offender's database.

i guarantee you that there are worse thugs in your neighborhood or general vicinity than marcus vick.

i would have taken him in the 7th round.

I'm not entirely sure I'm ready to write this kid off like the rest of you are. What exactly did he do? Stepped on an opponant's ankle, and smoked a little weed? Hell, i've done worse.

This board is the home of self-righteous indignation, lest you forget. These guys were calling for Delmon Young's public beheading the other day.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived