Most poorly designed logo in sports

brooksdiamond

BUF-W_1431.gif

A drawing of an actual Buffalo wing would have made such a better logo.

buffalo%20chicken%20wings%20-%20large.jpg

Delicious on 3. 1,2,3 DELICIOUS!

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Charlotte Bobcats logo is the most poorly designed logo in sports? Huh?

That's one of the best logos in the NBA and in pro sports in my opinion. This just sounds like someone has an issue against someone involved in the design...

I really like the color scheme (orange blue black and silver are great), the semi-abstract nature to the Bobcat and the speed lines. It's think it's the best NBA logo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Serpentine (which is always terrible) on the top of the logo, with a competing Cavalier font for the main word "Bobcats"..... who does this?!?! What is this? Amatuer hour? If you were a man I would punch you... Bush league

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Charlotte Bobcats logo is the most poorly designed logo in sports? Huh?

That's one of the best logos in the NBA and in pro sports in my opinion. This just sounds like someone has an issue against someone involved in the design...

You wouldn't happen to know if Gameplan Designs created it, would you?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

That's one of the best logos in the NBA and in pro sports in my opinion.
Hmmm... I wonder why?
This just sounds like someone has an issue against someone involved in the design...
That could be. Then again, someone might legitimately think that the Bobcats logo is the worst in the NBA. Either way, someone would be right.
I really like the color scheme (orange blue black and silver are great), the semi-abstract nature to the Bobcat and the speed lines.
Wow! The way you gush about it, it's as though you had a hand in designing it yourself.
It's think it's the best NBA logo.
You would.

CharlotteBobcats_PL.jpg

Meh...

It looks too cartoony. :D

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I know I mentioned this in another thread a little earlier today, but I'll say it again: the old Detroit Pistons logo from the Bad Boys era was a pile of crap.

go ahead and say it, but that pile of crap has championships to it, you may not like it, but it was simple yet classy. Plus the modernization will win many more championships

Ah, but here's the thing: I like the modernization.

I associate their championships more with the color scheme than with the old logo. There's a reason they didn't bring it back: it simply wasn't timeless enough.

I know I mentioned this in another thread a little earlier today, but I'll say it again: the old Detroit Pistons logo from the Bad Boys era was a pile of crap.

go ahead and say it, but that pile of crap has championships to it, you may not like it, but it was simple yet classy. Plus the modernization will win many more championships

Maybe the logo from the bad boys' era was bland, but it was better than that mid 90's trash that they wore.

I don't know what it is about hockey, seems to the teams they can just have a 4 year old draw something up and slap it on a jersey. I've seen better logos on youth teams.

My vote still is the Toledo Storm. It blows chunks!!! :blink:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

First off, the Charlotte Bobcats logo, for lack of a better word, sucks. Someone on the previous page did an excellent job of breaking it down graphically to show what a poor design it is. I wouldn't say it's worse than Toronto's original Barney, but it's pretty awful.

And I think that Buffalo Wings monstrosity may be the worst logo I've ever seen. To me, it's actually worse than the Storm, Radz, and (gasp!) the Ice Patrol.

The Storm win this...

I mean, when the team makes it a point in it's marketing to say "Voted The WORST Logo In Minor League Hockey!", that should tell you something.

That Canton Ice Patrol is pretty ick as well...if they had played a minute of real hockey instead of folding up shop before a puck was ever dropped, they'd be the champs.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

sorry, but the bobcats take the honor. In just design point of view, it sucks, no bias towards the deigner, i just hate the look. The people count, and i know some people that go to NC Greensboro, and used to live in charlotte, they CAN'T STAND IT. I just have to agree, the way the "cat" looks, makes me feel like i'm looking at a drawing done by the local news paper in the cartoon section, nothing compared to the rest of the league.

That's one of the best logos in the NBA and in pro sports in my opinion.
Hmmm... I wonder why?
This just sounds like someone has an issue against someone involved in the design...
That could be. Then again, someone might legitimately think that the Bobcats logo is the worst in the NBA. Either way, someone would be right.
I really like the color scheme (orange blue black and silver are great), the semi-abstract nature to the Bobcat and the speed lines.
Wow! The way you gush about it, it's as though you had a hand in designing it yourself.
It's think it's the best NBA logo.
You would.

I have nothing against anyone or anything that made this logo. I had nothing to do with any part of it and have no idea who even made it. As a logo designer and a sports fan it bothers the living hell out of me.

Also, the Storm and the Buffalo wings are absolutely worse artistically, but I think you HAVE to take into consideration the time and money spent on the logo AND the stage on which it appears. I have never heard of the teams before they were mentioned here. For all I know they were made bad on purpose due to cheapness or a lack of caring. The NBA logo or any pro logo takes a long process to evolve and it is has thousands and thousands of dollars invested in it. It took a group of people to screw this up.

Archived