Reggie Bush get his wish? Wearing number 1?

Chiefster2000

And to that I say...SHAME ON YOU NFL!!!

While you say that, I'm going to applaud them. Good for the NFL, having the cajones to tell a punk rookie he can't have everything he wants.

Here's what the "punk rookie" has been up to:

rbckholyrosary5-15-06.gif

<<

Bush's goal since being drafted by the Saints is to make an impact on the community immediately. He recognized that since Hurricane Katrina, Holy Rosary High School has had trouble raising the funds to stay open and its future was in doubt. When Bush heard reports that Holy Rosary needed $100,000 in a few days time, he matched the amount raised by the schools parents to ensure the school remained open. Bush's contribution comes through his affiliation with Adidas.

"The timeframe was so quick that we needed to step forward as soon as we could and I am pleased that because of my relationship with Adidas, we are able to make this happen," said Bush. "Holy Rosary is an important part of this city's education system, particularly because it works with students who need special attention."

>>

The parents raised $50,000. He matched it with his own $50K. School stays open.

In a recent story, he said he'd like to wear #5 but if he can't, it's no big deal.

Reggie's ok with me.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, good on him. That's the kind of things I like to see players doing.

When I said "punk rookie," I didn't necessarily mean to paint him as a bad guy. I meant to point out that, well, the guy's just a rookie, and doesn't deserve special treatment.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Bush's contribution comes through his affiliation with Adidas.

Ahh, I get it. Adidas wrote the cheque.

It's out of the money he makes off of his Adidas contract - he doesn't have a deal with New Orleans, so that's the only place it could have come from.

Save the slugalo.

Still a big chunk of change to donate no matter what contract it came from. It's easy to be cynical and say it's all for publicity to reflect on himself, and some will say and think that, but still he helped to keep the school open which is fantastic. Good stuff.

Bush's contribution comes through his affiliation with Adidas.

Ahh, I get it. Adidas wrote the cheque.

I don't think he's gotten paid yet for much...the Subway commercial and maybe a couple of adidas checks (maybe the ESPN Draft "fashion show?"). My guess is most of that money has gone to whomever fronted him loans upon ending his college eligibility.

The league really needs to come out and either put a stop to it or not!

But they've already put a stop to it. There's a rule in place that says running backs must wear numbers between 20 and 49. Variances to that rule have been denied in the past. Nothing in the NFL has changed to make anyone think that a variance will be granted this time. This is unlike the situation with wide receivers and tight ends, who could conceivably run out of eligible numbers due to retired numbers and the number of players on the roster (thus the extension of eligible numbers to 10 to 19).

It's not the NFL that needs to act, it's Bush and his advisors/agent that need to realize that he won't be allowed to wear #5.

It's where I sit.

I keep hearing people saying it will be no this year but next year they will change the rule. Why? If you are going to change the rule do it now instead of letting fans spend their hard earned dollars on a jersey this year that the player(bush) won't be wearing next year. I think it will effect sales of the jerseys if there is this cloud looming over the whole thing. So all I am suggesting is the league come out and say we are not changing the rule this year and don't anticipate changing it any time in the near future period.

I wonder how Jason Craft feels about that.

he probably likes it because Bush will compensate him with something nice

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

If he's not #5 why is he wearing it all over rookie training camp. Also, the NFL is set to vote on a rule change for the numbers (can't find the story...thought I read it just recently). I think he's a good man and at any rate he's alot better then a certain RB the Saints drafted a few years back.

I say a number's a number. If a guy wants it and no one else has it give it to him. I will say I'm not a ref nor have I ever refd so I don't know how much harder it would be to give numbers to whoever.

I'm gald Bush is doing right by New Orleans. When the Texans passed on him, after thinking how retarded they are, I thought about the positive impact Bush could have on a city like New Orleans. Maybe he can even keep the team from moving to San Antonio by driving attendance, at least for a few more years.

I'm gald Bush is doing right by New Orleans. When the Texans passed on him, after thinking how retarded they are, I thought about the positive impact Bush could have on a city like New Orleans. Maybe he can even keep the team from moving to San Antonio by driving attendance, at least for a few more years.

So far, so good. The team announced they have sold more than 54K season tickets, breaking the record set in 2003.

So far, so good. The team announced they have sold more than 54K season tickets, breaking the record set in 2003.

And the record's been set with about half the previous population in the city. No more BS from Tom Benson or anyone else about how New Orleans supposedly doesn't support the Saints.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

If he's not #5 why is he wearing it all over rookie training camp. Also, the NFL is set to vote on a rule change for the numbers (can't find the story...thought I read it just recently). I think he's a good man and at any rate he's alot better then a certain RB the Saints drafted a few years back.

I say a number's a number. If a guy wants it and no one else has it give it to him. I will say I'm not a ref nor have I ever refd so I don't know how much harder it would be to give numbers to whoever.

They can wear any number they want to on the practice field. Game jerseys are a different story. Charles Woodson has worn #2 in practice and Deion Sanders wore #2 in practice.

2qluyo7.png

Archived