Cinco de Mayo Jersey for the Rangers

3rdbasetexas

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a difference in holidays. Some are joyous occations where you party and have a good time. Others are occations where reverence is the order of the day.

The holidays like St. Patricks Day and Cinco De Mayo are celebrating holidays. Days where everyone is just out to have a good time. Everyone being "Irish for a day" might offend you, but you'd be the 1 percent that is offended. Same with Cinco De Mayo. Its not a holiday to go to church, its a day of celebration.

Holidays like Martin Luther King day are around to help us remember a great man who died well before his time. Its celebratory, (as in celebrating his life and accomplishments) but obviously not in the way that we Celebrate St. Patty's Day, Cinco De Mayo, or New Years Eve/Day.

Life is too short to bitch about everything. If we had more days like St. Patrick's Day, Cinco De Mayo, Fat Tuesday, New Years, etc...the world be be a little happier I'm sure.

Remove the "Los" and that jersey kicks the crap out of their current home jersey.

Remove the "Los" and it bears a striking resemblance to their home jersey from 1986 - 1993.

al_1993_texas.gif

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Well, okay, yeah, I like fried chicken and watermelon, but that's not how I'm celebrating Martin Luther King Day.

On the Internet, that's racist, ignorant, and kills puppies.

If you had told me that in real life, I probably wouldn't have stopped laughing. It's a bold way to make your point, but you certainly did.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Nuthin like a Portuguese last name on a Spanish-style jersey :D

should be "os rangers" with Texiera's name on the back.

should be "os rangers" with Texiera's name on the back.

It could've been "O's Rangers" if they wore em last night.

Perhaps the Orioles should be the ones honoring today anyways - especially with the number of Latinos on their roster...and the DL.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

There is a difference in holidays. Some are joyous occations where you party and have a good time. Others are occations where reverence is the order of the day.

The holidays like St. Patricks Day and Cinco De Mayo are celebrating holidays. Days where everyone is just out to have a good time. Everyone being "Irish for a day" might offend you, but you'd be the 1 percent that is offended. Same with Cinco De Mayo. Its not a holiday to go to church, its a day of celebration.

Holidays like Martin Luther King day are around to help us remember a great man who died well before his time. Its celebratory, (as in celebrating his life and accomplishments) but obviously not in the way that we Celebrate St. Patty's Day, Cinco De Mayo, or New Years Eve/Day.

Life is too short to bitch about everything. If we had more days like St. Patrick's Day, Cinco De Mayo, Fat Tuesday, New Years, etc...the world be be a little happier I'm sure.

of course i'd like to have washington and lincoln's birthday back. i hated when they(we know who they were) took away washington's and lincoln's birthday but kept MLK day. i have nothing against MLK day and there should be a day celebrating civil rights, but i don't like how washington and lincoln was taken down and turned in to presidents day but MLK was allowed to stay up. if washington and lincolns birthday is going to be presidents day, then MLK day needs to be Civil Rights day OR which i prefer myself is to keep MLK day and put Washington and LIncoln's birthday back up and drop presidents day so we don't forget MLK or Washington or Lincoln.

something im curious about, why don't teams make a 4th of july jersey to celebrate america's independence. i have nothing against celebrating ethnic groups and ethnic holidays, but why doesn't baseball do the same for holidays like Washington/lincolns birthday (presidents day if you wish), independence day, D-Day or Victory over Japan day.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

If you squint, you'd think those jerseys say "Los Angeles."

Which I guess would make them the Los Angeles Rangers of Arlington.

:P

horse.gif

IT'S NOT FUNNY ANYMORE!!! :cursing:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

something im curious about, why don't teams make a 4th of july jersey to celebrate america's independence. i have nothing against celebrating ethnic groups and ethnic holidays, but why doesn't baseball do the same for holidays like Washington/lincolns birthday (presidents day if you wish), independence day, D-Day or Victory over Japan day.

Well don't teams wear a US flag on their caps on the 4th?

I don't know about victory over Japan Day. You think Matsui or Ichiro would appreciate that?

I saw, I came, I left.

Do you even THINK before you type, or does  :censored: just flow forth from your fingertips like a fecal wondertwin?

Do you read before you get offended? I said that I was against perpetuating stereotypes by incorrectly observing holidays. You're an idiot.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Do you even THINK before you type, or does  :censored: just flow forth from your fingertips like a fecal wondertwin?

Do you read before you get offended? I said that I was against perpetuating stereotypes by incorrectly observing holidays. You're an idiot.

Have you met Mr Kettle?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Okay, dumbass, let me lay it out.

Non-Irish guy says "Hey look, I'm Irish!" by drinking to excess and passing out after getting in a fight, effectively perpetuating negative stereotypes of the Irish.

White guy says "hey look I like black people!" by eating food associated with poor Southern blacks, effectively perpetuating negative stereotypes of African-Americans.

I said I didn't approve of either, but you clearly just saw "fried chicken" and flew off the handle. Come on. I'd expect someone with an Arrested Development quote to have a thicker skin.

Well, okay, yeah, I like fried chicken and watermelon, but that's not how I'm celebrating Martin Luther King Day.

Lest we forget, ribs :P

Kidding or not, this is tasteless and ignorant.

I think you mean tasty and impossible to resist. Mmmm, barbeque!

Something tells me that "The Rangers" is not "Los Rangers" in Spanish. It's like when people say "el hando me the el booko."

OMG THAT WAS SO OFFENSIVE I WANT HEADS ON STICKS FOR THAT REMARK

something im curious about, why don't teams make a 4th of july jersey to celebrate america's independence.

The A's have worn a special jersey for the 4th of July when they were at home. In 1999 at least, maybe 2000 as well. It had Athletics in blue with red outline. They wore blue caps with red bills as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived