Kansas City Royals Hat

no97

I bought this hat:

royalshat.jpg

last summer when i was at Kaufman Stadium, and have been meaning to post a photo ever since. I finaly took a photo, and now have gotten motivated enough to post about it...

My first question is in the topic title - why isn't this hat more popular? One reason i can come up with on my own: I havn't seen it outside KC. Another is that it is just a cotton cap with a plastic snap back. If this had either a stretch fit or velcro back, and were wool, I think that would help sales...

The other question is - does anyone else think it should be an on-field alt? I do. Maybe with the elimination of black, it would fit better than ever. Thoughts?

Moose

1. Lose the white outline.

2. Slightly italicize the KC.

3. Make the crown a little more "crownish" (at least elongate the points) and italicise it to match the letters.

Winner.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like it. I would wear it, too, if I wasn't laughed aout of town first.

Seriously, I would wear it. Kind of reminds me of the West Tenn Diamond Jaxx's old crown logo (1998-2002).

BTW, that logo isn't on the site. Where would I send the logo to get it on here?

Twitter • Facebook • Instagram • LinkedIn • Tumblr

Winning will help sales a lot more than any style changes would. They're on pace for 46 wins this year; that's just sad.

I understand what you're saying. I guess what I ment was, why isn't it more popular at Kaufman? These were kind of tucked in a corner gathering dust. I literly had to dig through about ten-fifteen of them to find one that didn't have crud on it, and I didn't see anyone at the park wearing one (okay, there were only 13,000 at the game I went to :P )

And, as far as the outline, I guess it doesn't show up well in the photo, but it's actually grey, not white. I'll try to take a close-up photo when I get home from work tonight and post it...

Moose

reminds me of those Nike-made alt logos, though this looks better than most of those IMO. I'd buy it if it were mesh and fitted...shoot, a gold bill would help spice it up a bit more.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Reminds me of the Dodgers with that silver trim, which I don't care for.

It could be a batting practice cap, but the whole notion of a batting practice cap seems silly to me. "It's the regular KC, but there's a crown on it." This goes for all slight modifications.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's a good hat, but I personally never buy hats unless they are on-field hats. I doubt I'm the only one in that boat. The only non on-field hat I ever considered buying was the Astros locker room NL Champions hat, the logo of which is my avatar. They were selling on eBay for $35+, though... not worth it.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

It's a good hat, but I personally never buy hats unless they are on-field hats. I doubt I'm the only one in that boat. The only non on-field hat I ever considered buying was the Astros locker room NL Champions hat, the logo of which is my avatar. They were selling on eBay for $35+, though... not worth it.

hey where did you get your signature, really cool I would like to get a brewers one.

1. Lose the white outline.

2. Slightly italicize the KC.

3. Make the crown a little more "crownish" (at least elongate the points) and italicise it to match the letters.

Winner.

Wouldn't that start to have a similar feel to the Univ. of Cinncinati logo?

I've wondered why there isn't more yellow included on the uniform in some way.

I guess if they did at this point, it might seem more like the Omaha Royals (AAA) who have more yellow in theirs, including a yellow logo on a blue hat.

Having said that, I think I'm glad the hat logo has remained basically unchanged since the team's beginning.

Not thrilled about the black/blue hat, and I think it has disappeared for this year. In the only game i saw with black jerseys, they wore all-blue hats.

Archived