Teams That Should Go Back to Old Colors

ShinyHubCaps

I was watching a show and in the background, some guy had a Detlef Schrempf jersey for the 1997-or-so Supersonics. That got me to thinking...

So many teams have repititions in their uniforms. Just with primary colors, the Mavs, Jazz, and Grizzlies have multiple shades of blue. In the NFL, Patriots colors are similar to Texans and Giants. There are more than enough colors in the spectrum, plus the different brightnesses and saturations of each color, why do so many teams have such similar colors?

For old colors, I would suggest primarily NBA teams, because NFL teams have less variety in how their uniforms have "evolved."

Which teams should reconsider wearing their retro colors?

Seattle Sonics (1997 with the green and that orange-brown shade)

Memphis Grizzlies (Vancouver 1996 colors)

Denver Nuggets (maroon, dark blue, white)

Utah Jazz (with the purple and silver, light blue highlights)

Indiana Pacers (with a yellow jersey, one of the few teams who look okay in one)

Detroit Pistons (patriotic colors are too commonplace, use the colors that were on the horse-head jersey)

This is just a suggestion to add more variety in team colors. Any more? Critiques on these?

Teams That Should Go Back to Old Colors

Not to do an anti-retro rap--but most teams shouldn't.

But in the NHL I'd be okay with Dallas going back to the North Stars colours, the Flames dumping the black, the Canucks back to blue & green and the Pens going back to blue.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I think it is odd that you are telling two teams (Seattle and Detroit) who currently are wearing "OLD" as in "ORIGINAL" colors. . . . .

Sorry, what I meant was any older color scheme in favor of ones they currently have. I know that Detroit's current colors are similar to those from the Isaiah Thomas Pistons, but I meant the Grant Hill Pistons colors.

True that they are in some of their oldest team colors, but I was thinking chronologically. Any colors that the teams have worn before May 2006.

Indiana Pacers (with a yellow jersey, one of the few teams who look okay in one)

Detroit Pistons (patriotic colors are too commonplace, use the colors that were on the horse-head jersey)

Have the Pacers really changes colors? They added silver, but they still use yellow on logos and uniforms. The reason they don't have a yellow jersey is because they can't introduce an alternative jersey yet.

As for the Pisstons, I think you would be hardpressed to find a dozen people here who prefer the teal jerseys over their current look.

i'd like to see green added to the current mavs home and road...

it couldn't be more of a team color than it already is. no one paints their face 2-tone blue, at a mavs game. it's always half blue and half green.

How about the Pittsburgh Penguins. Not back to powder blue and black, but to a yellow gold instead of vegas gold, which on anything but their jerseys comes out as an almost khaki color. It makes the rest of my black and gold apparel not match, and I look like a typical yinzer out in public. I HATE YINZERS!

The list starts with "Buffalo" and ends with "Sabres".

Word.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

This is just a suggestion to add more variety in team colors. Any more? Critiques on these?

Bite your tongue! That 'teal nightmare' is what started the NBA's ridiculous over-use of that color.

I would like to see the Penguins bring back yellow. Everyone calls it gold, but it's freakin' yellow. On that note, why have teams that had yellow dropped it for 'vegas gold'? The Rams are just one team that has done so, but it seems to be a trend...like the teal of the early 90s and the black of the late 90s/early 00s.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Bite your tongue! That 'teal nightmare' is what started the NBA's ridiculous over-use of that color.

I would like to see the Penguins bring back yellow. Everyone calls it gold, but it's freakin' yellow. On that note, why have teams that had yellow dropped it for 'vegas gold'? The Rams are just one team that has done so, but it seems to be a trend...like the teal of the early 90s and the black of the late 90s/early 00s.

It's called the dark-n-fade. Rams, Brewers, Penguins, and other teams with gold and a contrasting color have fallen for it. Any given month there's generally a Packers or A's concept in the Concepts folder where they try to do a dark-n-fade.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Love the Mavs blue and green from the 80s.

Will always love the Creamsicle Bucs.

The Washington Capitals need to go back to the red white and blue.

And for some reason I liked the Campbell's Soup "C" logo and colors and uniforms that the White Sox had in the late 80s/early 90s.

Ditto on the Sabres

Others:

Patriots, Brewers, Rams, Padres (to brown and mustard or even blue and orange), Memphis Grizzlies, and Washington Capitals.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Flyers - We need to revert back to the late 90s where the old orange jersey will be the home, white be the road and black goes back to being 3rd.

76ers - Red White and Blue, the jerseys they wore in iversons rookie year looked great.

I think it is odd that you are telling two teams (Seattle and Detroit) who currently are wearing "OLD" as in "ORIGINAL" colors. . . . .

Sorry, what I meant was any older color scheme in favor of ones they currently have. I know that Detroit's current colors are similar to those from the Isaiah Thomas Pistons, but I meant the Grant Hill Pistons colors.

No, no, and OH HELL NO!

As a Pistons fan, I do not want to be reminded of the suck-capade that was the Pistons when they wore teal, red, & gold.

The Horsehead logo was pretty cool and it did translate well to the red & blue scheme the team brought back when they came to their senses....but the rest of that set is and should stay in a trunk thrown into the Detroit River.

Besides, the only thing I want to remember about the Grant Hill Era is the fact the 'Stones were able to get Ben Wallace for his always on the IR @$$ when it was all said & done :D

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived