Longest game you've ever been to?

ZapRowsdower8

I just got home from the Pirates/Astros 18 inning, nearly 6 hour marathon. I was just wondering if anybody else ever stayed for a game that long? If so, which game.

Tonights game will go down as one of the best I've ever seen live.

Only 4 hours til I have to get up for work. I'm going to pay tomorrow but it will be worth it.

Length-wise, an Expos-Braves 12-inning game a few years ago, in which the Expos won 7-5.

Time-wise, I'd say last season's Eagles-Falcons MNF game. I was tailgating at 5pm, gone through the latter-half of a 24-bottle case of Icehouse before 9pm, got in just in time to see the pre-game chest-pounding, didn't leave until the game was finished by 12:40, and didn't get home until around 3am.

I went to a junior college basketball playoff game that went into 4 OTs. Final score ended up like 125-120 or something.

250 people in a gym that seats 6,000...about the only white people there (black junior college...the head coach for one of the teams was my girlfriend's teacher's husband, and she got extra credit for going)...heckling an opposing team's cheerleader because she was making some weird dolphin noise (That's her mating call, guys! She's in the mood!)...being 10 feet from the bench in a basically empty gym, she and everyone else heard me...that was a fun night. :D

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I dont remember what year or anything, but I went to a Cardinals-Giants game that I think went 18 or 19 innnings. I think Bonds ending up hitting a homer to win it if I remember right. We actually left in the 8th took a train to Union Station, walked around the mall a bit. Rode it back and the game was still going on. We got back and saw about the last 3 innings or so. It was wild.

Even through the darkest days....this fire burns...always

EAGLEZZZZ.png

The longest games I have been to was a Capital City Bombers vs. Charleston Riverdogs game in the Southern Atlantic League and a Columbia Inferno game I went to that went to the shootout. The Bombers game seemed long because we lost 11-0 and it was a really boring game. The Inferno game was awesome though and we barely lost in the shootout. They were both a few years ago when I lived in Columbia, SC.

Game 5 2000 Stanley Cup Final. Dallas won in 3 Overtimes by a score of 1-0. If the Devils won they would have won the Cup that night. 0-0 through 2 overtime periods. Brett Hull scored in the 3rd OT to give Dallas the 1-0 win. It was the most nerve racking game I've ever been too as the Devils kept hitting post after post. The game was so long the arena ran out of food.

It was a long night as my dad and me got their a few hours early to tailgate. The worst part my parents made me go to school the next day.

I just got home from the Pirates/Astros 18 inning, nearly 6 hour marathon. I was just wondering if anybody else ever stayed for a game that long? If so, which game.

Tonights game will go down as one of the best I've ever seen live.

Only 4 hours til I have to get up for work. I'm going to pay tomorrow but it will be worth it.

I was at that game to. Its the longest game ive been to.

I was the longest game in Pittsburgh. Went on until about 1:00am. There was even a 14th inning stretch. Many people fell asleep {even the parrot} and the technical crews ran out of things to play. Anyone left had to be either drunk, tired, or a real fan. Also, when we won, they couldnt shoot off the usual victory fireworks {too late i guess}.

Hey, at least it was a good game and had a nice finish.

Bay's 3 run homer to get the lead 5-4

Burnitz's homer in the 8th to tie 6-6

Castillo's homer in the 17th to tie it again.

Bay crashes into the catcher, flies for a second, and lands on the plate. I had a perfect view of it and it got pretty loud for the 1,000 people that were left, however, i think most people were just happy the game was over.

The funniest thing is that my sister was supposed to go but she couldnt, and she missied it. EVERY time she misses a game something intresting happens.

oBIgzrL.png

I went to a junior college basketball playoff game that went into 4 OTs. Final score ended up like 125-120 or something.

250 people in a gym that seats 6,000...about the only white people there (black junior college...the head coach for one of the teams was my girlfriend's teacher's husband, and she got extra credit for going)...heckling an opposing team's cheerleader because she was making some weird dolphin noise (That's her mating call, guys! She's in the mood!)...being 10 feet from the bench in a basically empty gym, she and everyone else heard me...that was a fun night.  :D

wearegoingtodie.jpg

Longest game I went to in person...

Probably Danbury vs. Elmira in the UHL last year...game ended up tied 2-2 and went to the shootout...

21 rounds later, Danbury finally won :lol:

Longest regular season game in UHL history.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

the Saturday night out at Waverley, i was 6, St Kilda v Dons, and ten mins in or ten mins to go in the third quarter thae lights went out and the Essendon fans pulled out the goal posts i think....yeh and it got finished the next tuesday night.....does that count? there was a few days break.....

or Test cricket, sit there at MCG for 5 days!

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Summer 2002 - Detroit beats KC on a Carlos Pena walkoff HR in the 12th.

I once umpired a college softball game that went 15 innings.

They only play 7 regulation innings.

Thank the lord it wasn't that hot out that afternoon.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I was at the Penguins v. Flyers playoff game that went to five overtimes before Keith Primuea finally scored on Ron Tugnutt. My dad's friend in Harrisburg got the three of us tickets that afternoon and we drove up from Columbus. After the game ended it was like 2:30 in the morning and we got a hotel in Pittsburgh, and I was allowed to skip school the next day. The funniest thing happened after like the third overtime and all the players are walking to the locker room, Darius Kasparaitis yells "looks like we're gonna miss last call!". Oh that was a fun night.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Both mine are hockey games - Blackhawks/Red Wings 3-OT Stanley Cup play-off game in the early to mid '90's. Belfour let in the game winner off his blocker on a dump in from the red line :rolleyes: The other was a High School section championship game that went 4-OT at 1-0. Again, the winning goal was misplayed by the goalie on a weak dump-in...

Moose

Archived