CONCEPT81: Detroit Lions

bigdub81

Nothing to add. A million thank yous for dropping the unnecessary and intrusive black and restoring a great uniform and color scheme to what it should be with a little updating. Another well-done set.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Wow, I really like your concepts, especially this one. I think you should try the white jersey with blue pants, like they used to have. I do like it best when teams pants match their helmets, as long as their jersey isn't the same color too, just maybe try blue pants with the white jersey for an alternate.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Positives:

-Dropped the black, very nice.

-Updated the sleeve striping just slightly, I like it.

Negatives:

-I don't like the front wordmark. It's just...blah, and it doesn't say "Lions." (I'm expecting a smart ass reply saying 'well, that's because on the road jersey, it says Detroit'... :P) In all seriousness though, I think the current wordmark would look better.

-The numbers...are BIG.

Super Positives:

-Sock. Stripes. :D

...oh, and I think the athletic block works better. No need for fancy schmancy number fonts in the NFC North. ^_^

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

UPDATE

1) I added the blue pants by request

2) Swapped the wordmark for Detroit, instead of Lions

- I never really paid attention to that teardrop thing that's supposed to be

a space to define the lion's jaw. And I really don't think that too many

other people would miss it either

- And I liked the wordmark font because it was someting a simple that

looked a better than what they have now. I mean I am all about the

concept of old school and classic theme but you must admit that there

script is quite dated

CONCEPT81-LionsBluePants.jpg

I like it , its very crisp , but I also like the Black in the uniform , but they need to tone it down some & it does not help every other team has black , But Black was a Original Color of the Lions , they just dropped it .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

UPDATE

This is about as classic as you can get number wise. Good ol' Athletic Block!

CONCEPT81-LionsRevised.jpg

YES!!! YES!!! YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY FOLKS HERE'S OUR NEW WINNER!!!

No, seriously--you shold beat this over the head of Matt Millen adn whoever else is in charge of the creative design for the Lions' outfits and MAKE THEM WEAR THESE! (I notied later on you switched the wordmarks around--nice bonus.) Also, the white tops with the blue pants is a very nice and WELCOME change of pace type set to go with on the road a la the KC Chiefs when they first got their red pants back, or the NY Jets when they debuted their green pants.

Very tastefully done. You deserve a medal or something.

Here you go... :trophy:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Fantastic design.

Although I might be the only one, I'm partial to the '98 blue pants. They provide better contrast with the shirts. If I had my way they'd wear blue pants on the road.

Barry_Sanders_98_White_6.jpg

I'm not sure if William Clay Ford will go for the blue pants again, but you've got a good point concerning the contrast between the white jersey and blue pants.

I appreciate all the great feedback that you all are giving me. I took it to heart that most of you want me to send this to the Detroit Lions, head office so if the

Saints, don't respond to my letter that I sent them concerning my concept that

I did for them, I will be glad to send this into Detroit. And if that fails I also have an old Browns, concept that I posted a while back that I might send them. It was by request and that person encouraged me to send it in as well. - Thanks 2 All

P.S. - What will be my next concept? Give me some suggestions

I appreciate all the great feedback that you all are giving me. I took it to heart that most of you want me to send this to the Detroit Lions, head office so if the

Saints, don't respond to my letter that I sent them concerning my concept that

I did for them, I will be glad to send this into Detroit. And if that fails I also have an old Browns, concept that I posted a while back that I might send them. It was by request and that person encouraged me to send it in as well. - Thanks 2 All

P.S. - What will be my next concept? Give me some suggestions

Here's TWO: I know the Cowboys' uniforms are considered "classic", but to many of us the color comboas are so off it's crazy! Dark blue star, royal blue sumerals/sleeve stripes (trimmed in BLACK, no less), silver-GREEN metallic pants, and blue/white/blue pants stripes. Well, at least the darktop version matches (dark blue jersey, straight silver pants with navy/white/navy stripes). Kinda interested to see if you could make up a unified, uh, uniform package (how's that for redundancy...straight from the department of redundnacy department) for them?

As well as those Jets of New York...I know what they got now is simple and clean, but for a team called the JETS--IMO they seem to be foud wanting (to borrow a phrase from "A Knight's Tale).

Think you could whip up something for those two clubs? I personally would be curious to see what you could do...only because you asked.

GREAT WORK ON WHAT YOU'VE DONE SO FAR TOO!!!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived