Guilty Pleasures

ShaftDu

I loved these. I liked everything about them. The shoulder logo, how the numbers are slanted to accomadate for the stripes, everything. Their uniforms now are way better, but I wouldn't be upset if these were still in use.

Tardifbk.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like others on here I love the Thrashers 3rd.

I also love the Nashville third jerseys....not too too crazy about the logo on it but the jersey is cool!

Also, I loved the old Columbus bluejacket "bug" logo. I even designed a few alternate logos for the Blue Jackets using it. I was disappointed when they ditched it :(

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

I loved these. I liked everything about them. The shoulder logo, how the numbers are slanted to accomadate for the stripes, everything. Their uniforms now are way better, but I wouldn't be upset if these were still in use.

Tardifbk.jpg

Amen to these-- The stripes making a music staff are pulled off in a very classy manner. And that shoulder patch is awesome. I don't mind the red, but I wonder how those would look if the red were replaced with their current navy blue...

EDIT: I guess it would look something like THIS. I like it--maybe I'll go start a thread over in the concepts forum.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I actually liked "The Mooterus."  No kidding.  I must be the only one.  It was a good concept.  Taurus, a bull, is good because texas is known for its cattle.  And it was a representation of the constellation, which makes sense because the team is the "Stars."    It made sense to me.

You're not the only one that likes Mooterus. My top 3 guilty pleasures:

1) mooterus_165x210.jpg

2) buc-warner.jpgArena_Barnstormers.gif

3) 2006-01-18-hasselbeck.jpg

I like the Mooterus jersey, I LOVE the Iowa Barnstormers helmet, and I like the Seahawks monochrome (it's the only monochrome look I enjoy), mostly because of the thin chartreuse highlights.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

The White Sox pajamas from the 1970s, and in particular the white jerseys and black pants. I have seen some action photos in the past that make these uniforms look much cooler than they do on this baseball card, but I cannot find them at the moment.

kravec575-1.jpg

Ain't nothin' guilty 'bout that pleasure. That just happens to be one of the most ingeniously designed pro football uniforms of all time. That team needs to come back, pronto.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ain't nothin' guilty 'bout that pleasure. That just happens to be one of the most ingeniously designed pro football uniforms of all time. That team needs to come back, pronto.

I couldn't agree more. They would never work for the NFL, but for an Arena league team, they were genius. They were always my favorite arena league uniform.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I dig most monochromatic football uniforms, particularly in that fantasy world where Florida State's garnet jerseys and pants are the same shade. I also like the Falcons uniforms and the idea of a monochromatic University of Miami...in orange.

I couldn't agree more. They would never work for the NFL, but for an Arena league team, they were genius. They were always my favorite arena league uniform.

Everything about that uni and helmet worked. The colors, the design elements, the fact that they played in a small arena called The Barn....perfection!

not sure what happened, but see lower post.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I thought the uniform was great as well. Check out those propellers on the pants.....

... and look at Kurt Warner evading the defense :D

I saw, I came, I left.

In my earlier post in this thread I mentioned the original D-Rays unis. I read Lukas's piece on page 2 about the worst unis ever and they had a pics of them. I can't help it, those were original, different and cool, especially the BPs and batting helmets. Yes even the gradients worked to an extent. I remember playing video games back then and always being the D-rays because of the unis. I was 16 then, 24 now and normally I detest modern looking unis, but these just had that something. The only change I would have made would be to make the wordmarks smaller on the home and roads. I might have to go dig one up on Ebay for my collection. Here they are in their unique-ness.

rhernandeztb.jpg

gwilliamstb.JPG

rupetb.jpg

BPs

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

In my earlier post in this thread I mentioned the original D-Rays unis. I read Lukas's piece on page 2 about the worst unis ever and they had a pics of them. I can't help it, those were original, different and cool, especially the BPs and batting helmets. Yes even the gradients worked to an extent. I remember playing video games back then and always being the D-rays because of the unis. I was 16 then, 24 now and normally I detest modern looking unis, but these just had that something. The only change I would have made would be to make the wordmarks smaller on the home and roads. I might have to go dig one up on Ebay for my collection. Here they are in their unique-ness.

rhernandeztb.jpg

I've seen a variation on this alt jersey several times on eBay that has a test blue-yellow-lime green elastic sleeve cuff - but only on the right sleeve! All I can figure is that was an element which got scrapped at the last minute.

And don't feel isolated in your love for the original D-Rays. I have a black jersey, which I wear and love. That said, though, their new look is much better.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Thanks, SodBoy, I feel better now and agree the current look is better, especially since the green is my favorite color. Also, the San Francisco Demons logo was awesome.

Archived