Hockey tuques

mjrbaseball

Who knows if hockey will be played outdoors again? But now we've had a college game and an NHL game, so it's possible.

Relating it to uniforms ... Will hockey teams now have tuques as part of their uniform sets? stan.gif

I'm guessing the tuques worn by the Habs/Oilers were whatever they could find, since they weren't planned. But if tuques were to be part of the uniform, what should they be?

Should tuques match the sweaters? Or should they match the helmets? Or could they be any design in team colors? Should they have logos or just colors? Are pompons to be allowed? It could go on and on.

Maybe we should have some fun and decide the NHL's uniform tuque regulations. And then once the rules are set, of course we'll have to design them.

(Another uniform item to design! Christmas a month early!)

JoyeuNoël!

CK3ZP8E.jpg

I'm willing to bet that i'm in the minority on this one, but i think Jose Theodore looked pretty cool with the tuque on his mask... It just made me think of stories of Jacques plante knitting tuques before games, then wearing them during the game.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

It was a good thing to see, but you can tell they're only using it for the outdoor game. Why there is a vintage V logo on the back of the Habs hat, I'll never know, considering they still use the same logo. It was cool how the striping matched with the jersey.

You can buy caps with striping that SORT OF resembles the jerseys on NHL.com. Some examples:

NHL-DPUNICAP-004.jpgNHL-DPUNICAP-001.jpgNHL-DPUNICAP-002.jpgNHL-DPUNICAP-010.jpg

It'd be cool to make tuques that resemble the striping. for most all teams that use straight striping, it'd be easy.

I made a template already: (copy and paste)

http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/tuque.gif

I may try some later. But I got to go to bed. It's already 8:30AM.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I think it looked cool. If hockey was played out doors I think there shoudl be speacilly made tuques taht fit with the uniforms.

Heck I have always thought hockey helmest shoudl be designed with logos, or script for the team so tuques are nly natural.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Why Don't they make out door games a once a year thing.  Have it only in Canada and only have Canadian cities involved.   Because they can use the CFL feilds like they did with Commonwealth.  Like next year have it in Calgary then in Ottawa then in Vancouver and etc.  I don't know I think with all the moves down to the USA in the past 20 years that the Heritage Classic will help make hockey Canada's games once again.  And I know you can't have the Mega Stars games every year but who cares I just wanna see another out door game in Canada!  (The toques are awsome!  The the look of pond hockey was completed with the toque!  Ha Ha the Canadian had to shovel the rink!)  :D

Hey dont hog all the fun.

I want to see the US do it too.

Rangers Vs Islanders at Shea Stadium.

Devils vs Rangers at Giants Stadium.

Flyers vs Devils at Lincoln Financial Field

Bruins Vs Rangers at Gillette Field may not work so put it at the Stadium where BC Plays.

Wings vs Maple Leafs at Commerica Park

Blackhawks vs Blues at Soldier Field

and thats just a few

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The one matchup I would love to see is

Colorado Avalanche vs. Detroit Red Wings at Invesco Field.

You know for sure both teams will play their butts off.

Or even this, have the NHL All-Star Game outdoors.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Wow...an outdoor all star game...that may be the best idea yet.  

If nothing else I think having outdoor games should be a yearly event.  While I think Canada will certainly have the advantage, as someone living in New England I'd love to see the Bruins play an outdoor game, given the number of college football teams in the area I don't think it would be difficult to find a suitable facility, and it certainly gets cold enough for ice.  A game in Buffalo could be alot of fun too...as would Minnesota, Detroit and Chicago.  

I'm not sure if Colorado could pull it off or not, I know it gets cold up there, I just don't know if it stays cold consistantly enough for an outdoor rink to work.  What if Colorado played an outdoor game in Quebec City against Montreal?  How do you think that would go over?

Well, they would use the same ice cooling technique they use for any other outdoor rink out here.  I think it gets cold enough at night here to support an outdoor rink, and even during the day sometimes (it was below 20 degrees for the Bears/Broncos game [i think], I wouldn't know, I was inside working all day).  But yeah, i think it'd be cold enough.  I'd like to see the Blackhawks do it in Soldier Field, maybe.Or they could play Detroit/Colorado in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

IUe6Hvh.png

I was gonna say to do the ASG outdoors but I was beat to it.  That would be sweet, especially from the warmth of my living room.  They could set an unbreakable record by doing it at Michigan Stadium.  There was over 112,000 there Saturday for the UM vs OSU football game.  Plus, the sight lines are great there.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

Here in LA, they open up a large outdoor ice-skating rink in one of the downtown parks for most of December and January, so I know we could do something like that here (peopl who move here are always surprised how cold it gets in the winter, esp. at night). If they needed more space for stands, the Staples Center Parking Lot would be big enough. There would probably be a lot of interest, not just from Kings fans, but because Angelenos love a spectacle. An outdoor Kings game in LA would be pretty cool.

Nothing against the heritage classic- it was quite a spectacle-but the site lines were horrible.

It'd be better for the fans in attendance if the nhl constructed 20,000 temporary stands that could be trucked around north america. Otherwise this should be a one time event. The thought of hosting outdoor games in football arenas sounds rather gimmicky.

As for toques, more than a few players wore them in the twenties. Goaltenders often wore baseball caps as well.

I'd actually like to see this take hold as a once-a-year thing on the college level as well as the NHL.  I'd love to see a Wisconsin-Minnesota hockey game at Camp Randall Stadium one day, especially after the renovations are completed...

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived