NHL announces 2006-07 national television schedule

jkrdevil

http://www.nhl.com/news/2006/08/278602.html

NEW YORK -- The National Hockey League (NHL) announced today the national television schedule for the 2006-07 regular-season, highlighted by more exclusive coverage in the United States and a greater focus on Canadian match ups in Canada.

In the U.S., OLN -- which changes its name to Versus on September 25 -- and NBC return for the second year as the League's national television partners. In Canada, CBC begins their 54th consecutive year of NHL broadcast coverage while TSN -- who's been covering the NHL since 1985 -- will again be the national cable home. RDS, the French-language national telecast partner of the NHL enters its fourth year televising Montreal Canadiens' regular-season games as well other select NHL games.

On Opening Night, Wednesday, Oct. 4, Versus will telecast a double-header featuring the reigning Stanley Cup Champion Carolina Hurricanes taking on Buffalo, followed by the Dallas Stars facing off against Colorado.

The Opening Night game featuring Buffalo at Carolina will unveil Versus' first Game of the Week -- something new for U.S. hockey fans. The network's 54-game schedule (airing mostly on Mondays and Tuesdays) will offer 24 dates on which no other game will be televised in the U.S during that time -- providing hockey fans with a true Game of the Week. Versus will wrap up every telecast with its NHL studio show of news, highlights and commentary.

NBC has expanded its regular-season coverage from six weekend dates to nine -- providing the most NHL regular-season broadcast coverage in the U.S. since 1998. NBC begins its afternoon coverage Saturday, Jan. 13 with three regional games highlighted by an Original Six clash between the Boston Bruins and New York Rangers. The following eight weekend dates will air on Sunday afternoons, including a Feb. 18 showcase between the hottest young stars in the League, Pittsburgh's Sidney Crosby and Washington's Alexander Ovechkin.

In Canada, CBC's Hockey Night in Canada begins its 54th year of NHL coverage on Thursday, Oct. 5 with a rivalry-loaded evening. The first game features the "Battle of Ontario" between Toronto and Ottawa, while Vancouver takes on Detroit (regional), and the second half of the double-header spotlights the "Battle of Alberta" between Calgary and Edmonton. CBC's 31dates this season are highlighted by 28 all-Canadian match ups, Saturday night double-headers as well as six tripleheaders including the seventh annual CBC's Hockey Day in Canada on Saturday, Jan. 13.

TSN heads into the 2006-07 regular season with a 70-game national package that starts with a double-header on Opening Night as Ottawa visits Toronto and Dallas travels to Colorado Highlights of the schedule include three all-Canadian match-ups, 33 games featuring Canadian teams, the return of the weekly staple Wednesday Night Hockey. Wednesdays continue to be appointment television as this year's schedule features a strong emphasis on the six Canadian clubs. Three-quarters of TSN's games on Wednesday nights include a Canadian team.

The 2007 NHL All-Star festivities in Dallas on Tuesday, Jan. 23 and Wednesday, Jan. 24 will be televised by Versus in the U.S. and by CBC in Canada. All four national networks will offer expanded NHL coverage in high-definition all season long. On-air talent, broadcast enhancements and playoff coverage will be released at a later date.

--------------------------------

Versus Schedule:

http://www.nhl.com/schedules/20062007/versus_sked.html

NBC Schedule:

http://www.nhl.com/schedules/20062007/nbc_sked.html

CBC's Hockey Night in Toronto Schedule:

http://www.nhl.com/schedules/20062007/cbc_sked.html

TSN Schedule:

http://www.nhl.com/schedules/20062007/tsn_sked.html

As far as US tv goes the schedule is much better and more balanced overall than it ever was on ESPN/ABC.

Holy flirking shnit! 6 tripleheaders on CBC?!

That begs the question, though. Who is calling the other game?

Also, I can only imagine CBC got the rights to the Saturday afternoon games because NBC moved their coverage to Sunday's.

As far as US tv goes the schedule is much better and more balanced overall than it ever was on ESPN/ABC.

The Sens are on American TV another ZERO times! :mad:

<Insert Standard Rant on why the Senators be should be on American TV at least once>

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

How about them Buffalo Sabres, huh? Imagine -- the first marquee game of the season and they're the attraction. Amazing.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

As a Devils fan I love the OLN and NBC schedules. 9 National games in all with being on NBC the final 2 weeks of the season (Including the last regular season game ever at Continental Airlines Arena). With ABC/ESPN they couldn't get a sniff of national coverage unless they played the Rangers of Flyers.

Wow the Blue Jackets are actually gonna be on OLN this year. Three times infact . Excuse me, Versus. I can't remember them being on that network at all last season. And they actually made the NBC schedule three times which again they weren't on last year.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I have only one problem, even though I live in Dallas and will hear all about it on the local news channels, it sux that the ASG won't be on the national networks. I'm all for Dallas hosting, but I will only get to see highlights on the local news, not the game. :cursing:

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

The Blackhawks are going to be on national TV 10 times!!!

Three times on NBC!!!

What the heck is going on? Does NBC know something I don't?

You don't know that Chicago is the third largest television market in the country? ABC always had more B'hawks games than their record might've justified, so no surprise here.

One thing that disturbs me about this schedule - and I'm sure no one here will agree with me since most have a problem with any hockey in June - is that the Finals are scheduled to conclude by June 11. The problem I have, rather than being worried about the Stanley Cup overlapping with the NBA Finals, is when Game 1 of the Cup is going up against Game 6 of the NBA Conference Finals. The NHL should pick its battles. In my opinion, the Stanley Cup should start on the first Saturday in June, the NBA Finals the next night.

Holy flirking shnit! 6 tripleheaders on CBC?!

That begs the question, though. Who is calling the other game?

Also, I can only imagine CBC got the rights to the Saturday afternoon games because NBC moved their coverage to Sunday's.

well Drew Remenda and Scott Morrison were added to HNIC so Remenda will probably be doing colour for some games but who knows for play-by-play. my guess is Don Wittman. anyways heres the story on Remenda and Morrison be added to the HNIC crew.

Link

8prlQWA.png

HNIC has at least four play-by-play crews (who they all used in the past two playoffs). Bob Cole, Jim Hughson, Mark Lee and Don Wittman do play-by-play for HNIC. Harry Neale, Greg Millen, John Garrett and Glenn Healy do color.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived