New Illinois Basketball Uniforms

illini1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they've ditched the orange? Seems like an odd move after seemingly wearing nothing but orange the last 2 years. What's with the pattern on the shorts? I'll have to give this a thumbs down.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Boring nike garbage. They were fine the way they were, what's wrong with consistency? Boggles my freakin mind.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yeah, where's the f'n orange! Illinois basketball IS orange now. I can't even concentrate on the waistband striping. They better introduce some orange alts. at least. I hate Nike.

Why is the Circle-I so shiny? Is it some sort of hologram? And there better be some orange unis for this set, or Illini nation will be cheesed.

The waistband is the only thing I really care for in this set. Everything else seems to be a case of a uniform not being broke, and Nike fixing it anyway. Does anyone else think the zigzag pattern on the waistband might be a subtle nod to the feathered headdress of the Chief logo?

As for the "TM" after Illinois, I'm thinking maybe that's because these are retail jerseys. Hopefully that won't make an appearance on the on-court version.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Can't imagine they won't have an orange.

These are an upgrade for one major reason -- they removed black from the navy jerseys. About time! I think I liked the mismatched lettering/numbers of the previous set, at least on the white. Navy seems too dominant on these homes considering the renewed emphasis on orange. Maybe if they were orange letters with blue trim I'd prefer it.

I'm not sure about the waistband striping, but no one will ever see it, so I'm not sure it matters.

And no, the chief logo was nowhere on the old set.

As an alumni of Illinois, I find these new jerseys sickening. I hate the garbage stripes on the shoulders, the bottom part of the shorts sucks, and here is a hint: Basketball jerseys should have elastic around the neck and arms, and it should be a different color than the jersey.

:cursing:

About the only good thing I can say is: these look beautiful compared to the football jerseys. Rob Gunther should be ashamed of himself for allowing Nike to wipe its ass with Illinois uniforms.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

As an alumni of Illinois, I find these new jerseys sickening. I hate the garbage stripes on the shoulders, the bottom part of the shorts sucks, and here is a hint: Basketball jerseys should have elastic around the neck and arms, and it should be a different color than the jersey.

:cursing:

About the only good thing I can say is: these look beautiful compared to the football jerseys. Rob Gunther should be ashamed of himself for allowing Nike to wipe its ass with Illinois uniforms.

Should Rob Gunther be ashamed? Especially when Ron Guenther is the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics. As for the waistband, it looks too much like what Nike did in the mid-1990's for Florida State and Texas A&M with the collars for football. Not attractive.

I sent AD Ron Guenther a lengthy email explaining why these are so bad. I did the same about the football uniforms, but I took it a step further this time. I don't think I was rude about it, but I didn't hold back in regards to criticizing the uniforms.

If anybody else wants to email him, his email is: rguenthe@uiuc.edu

I'd appreciate it if you did, especially if you're an Illini fan. These things are awful, and Illini sports are quickly becoming some of the ugliest (uniform wise) in the nation.

Archived