Which MLB team will wear brick next year?

BBM

There's a rumor going around that one team will introduce brick into their color cheme next year, so we're all guessing who it could be. These are done in Paint, so C&C but be gentle ;) :

Cincinnati Reds

reds_home.jpg

reds_road.jpg

Basically just replaced the black with brick. Two-tone red doesn't happen often, but I think it could work.

San Diego Padres

padres_alt.jpg

Someone mentioned them in the MLB thread, so this was just sort of a service to that. I don't think they'd do this, but they sure do look like the Cavaliers with those colors, don't they?

Arizona Diamondbacks

dbacks_home.jpg

dbacks_road.jpg

No one is rumoring them, but they need to ditch the purple. Plus this could tie them into the Coyotes (who look good nowadays). There is still a hint of pueple left (in the alt logo and around the player names) but for the most part brick has taken over.

So what do you think? Any team you'd want to see in brick? I'll have more to come.

Alright, here's a few more. Some of these are out there, but let me know what you think:

Milwaukee Brewers

brews.jpg

I added the brick to the color scheme, basically eliminated the blue on the road, and added a gold/blue alt. I know gold alts can be death, but actually I don't mind this one too much...

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

drays.jpg

Ok ok, so they are Christmas colors, but it is a deep green and brick, so it's not exactly the Devils of the '80s here. I tried to find a nice balance between the two colors while making the brick the new dominant. C&C please.

Philadelphia Phillies:

phils_home.jpg

phils_road.jpg

*yawn* I just replaced the red with brick. Got rid of the blue. The brick pinstripes look good, otherwise it looks about the same to me...

Thoughts?

without the purple, the Diamondbacks seem very capable of pulling off brick. As was previously alluded to, it COULD tie them into the Coyotes. I'm not no sure the teal would work with the brick, but the gold and the black would. Or, try this: a brick-and-sand version of the Diamondbacks, with black trim, to match the Coyotes. That would probably look good.

Though the Phils may have looked good in the maroon in years past, when I think Phillies I think Liberty Bell, and to that end I don't know if it's such a good idea to revert back to a darker red. But this is one of those teams who have blue in their palette but don't use enough of it. At least it's a lighter, more unique blue than the Cubbies use. And at least it ain't red and navy like half the MLB.

But...this again is all just one man's opinion...my two rusted Lincolns.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Or, try this: a brick-and-sand version of the Diamondbacks, with black trim, to match the Coyotes.  That would probably look good.

The Houston Astros seem to think so, since that's their color scheme in its entirety. :therock:

Here's hoping the Snakes don't trade a unique color scheme that works perfectly for a team that calls the desert Southwest home to mimic another team in the same league.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

From UniWatch:

"Hot tip from the purple battlefield: It has come to my attention that a certain purple-clad team will be going purple-free next season. Can?t share any details just yet, but look for more news in this Thursday?s ESPN column."

So now the big question.... D-backs or D-Rays?

ucnu112sig.png

Well considering that the D-Rays don't wear purple, that would limit your choices to the D-Backs or Rockies.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would wager a lot that the Brewers are going to be the team wearing brick next season.

:blink:

No offence, but they would be at the bottom of my list. I would have said the White Sox, but now I would have to say the D-backs, considering teh latest UniWatch hint.

Archived