COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2007

BloodAtFirstBite

Last year's Rose Bowl doesn't count? Although the game wasn't titled the National Championship Game, it still was billed that way if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, as the previous BCS Bowl Games were given the title of "<Insert BCS Bowl Game Here>, the National Championship Game"

Of course, as the 2003 season proved, it's only a name. :)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt ESPN would be fined over the WVU shirt. I remember during a Maryland-puke basketball game a couple years ago there was a similar shirt shown on tv. As they were panning the crowd someone was where a F*** Duke shirt (and it was a big fat guy so it was even more noticable). I don't remember hearing that they were fined, but I could be wrong.

As for the National Championship, I'm glad Flordia was picked. Michigan had there chance recently (if the game was earlier I think they'd have a better case for a rematch). It happens alot in sports, one recent example I can think of was the 2004(?) NCAA basketball tournament. Every one said that the UConn-duke final four matchup should have been the championship game, but it wasn't. UConn went on to crush Georgia Tech in the championship game. Michigan fans just need to deal with it, if you won against Ohio State you wouldn't have had to worry about this. As for Flordia, I think alot of people are underestimating them. I think it will be a pretty close game.

I think the "Michigan had its chance" argument is pretty lame. It played the best team in the country at that team's stadium, under all of that pressure, and played it extremely close -- close enough that you could probably flip a coin to see who would win on a neutral field.

Who has Florida played that's been as dominant as OSU? I think there is no shame in losing to the best team. Florida didn't do that -- Florida lost to Auburn and barely beat USC at home. To me, they're not nearly as deserving as Michigan.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think the "Michigan had its chance" argument is pretty lame. It played the best team in the country at that team's stadium, under all of that pressure, and played it extremely close -- close enough that you could probably flip a coin to see who would win on a neutral field.

Who has Florida played that's been as dominant as OSU? I think there is no shame in losing to the best team. Florida didn't do that -- Florida lost to Auburn and barely beat USC at home. To me, they're not nearly as deserving as Michigan.

One of the rare times me and dsgitlin are on the exact same page. I am getting really tired of the "they had their chance" and the "they didn't win their conference, how can they be in the NC?" arguments. They carry no weight. Everyone is talking now about how Ohio St. is going to :cursing: on Florida, yet Michigan lost by 3 in Ohio...and yet you guys think Florida should be ahead of Michigan? The world is going insane.

(PS It's good to be on your side dsgitlin :P )

PopHeading-1.gif

They did the Rose Bowl teams after they did the National Championship teams.

I think Michigan would have a better chance to beat Ohio State (I know they already lost at Ohio State, but I think Michigan could beat them at a neutral field.) Florida is a good team though, but I think the only reason people voted for them over Michigan is because they didn't want to see a rematch, not because they thought they were a better team. Either way, somebody would have been left out. I think Ohio State will beat Florida by 10. The BCS system needs to be changed, not because Michigan deserves to go instead of Florida, but because we really aren't sure who deserves to go.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Boise really should get the chance to play the Buckeyes.

I mean, they went undefeated. Makes sense to me. What's the point in even having the mid-majors in Div-1A (or whatever its called now.. the bowl division or some crap like that?) if they can't compete for a national championship?

Of course Michigan and Florida both had harder schedules, but still. They should atleast get the CHANCE. A Boise State - Ohio State game would be amazing in my opinion. How the BCS has existed this long is beyond me. How could anyone (other than FOX) possibly defend this utter crap.

I guess I am just losing my mind. I completely missed it. (I even rewound it)

I had a feeling I was just missing something. Thanks BigMac

For reasons that i am unaware of, the rose bowl is still on ABC while the rest are on FOX, so I suppose the fox show minimized that game on its broadcast.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I mean, they went undefeated. Makes sense to me. What's the point in even having the mid-majors in Div-1A (or whatever its called now.. the bowl division or some crap like that?) if they can't compete for a national championship?

Of course Michigan and Florida both had harder schedules, but still. They should atleast get the CHANCE. A Boise State - Ohio State game would be amazing in my opinion. How the BCS has existed this long is beyond me. How could anyone (other than FOX) possibly defend this utter crap.

I went to high school with a guy who is now a starting linebacker for Boise, and I really think they would get killed against Ohio. I mean he was a really good football player, but when I think about him being on the same field as Troy Smith it honestly makes me chuckle a little bit. I think Boise playing Oklahoma will really be an important game to measure where the teams like Boise really stack up against the top tier teams in the NCAA.

PopHeading-1.gif

I went to high school with a guy who is now a starting linebacker for Boise, and I really think they would get killed against Ohio. I mean he was a really good football player, but when I think about him being on the same field as Troy Smith it honestly makes me chuckle a little bit. I think Boise playing Oklahoma will really be an important game to measure where the teams like Boise really stack up against the top tier teams in the NCAA.

Oh, I agree. It'd still be a fun game to watch. One that would be very possible in a playoff system.

And miracles happen occasionally. Boise could probably atleast make a game out of it.

I just think that the program, the players, and the fans atleast deserve the chance is all. Just because those fans chose Boise State as their team shouldn't mean they're not allowed to expierience a national championship game.

As a Marshall fan, I kind of miss playing in 1-AA. Because atleast back then I knew it was possible to win the whole thing at that level. Playing mid-major in 1-A is kind of pointless with the BCS.

No way Boise is better than Michigan or Florida.

But I agree. Teams from those conferences should get to find out what they could do. And they should have more to play for than some conselation prize.

But it will never happen, until there is a tournament of AT LEAST eight teams.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

If Notre Dame had gone undefeated, they would be in the national championship game, and they don't even belong to a conference. To me, it's an elitist double standard and nothing more.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If Notre Dame had gone undefeated, they would be in the national championship game, and they don't even belong to a conference. To me, it's an elitist double standard and nothing more.

You sure about that? I mean, you do have a one-loss Florida team in the SEC. I don't think you can safely take an unbeaten Notre Dame over a one-loss SEC champion. I mean, you do have to win a conference title to play for the national title, right?

LvZYtbZ.png

The two best teams in the country aren't playing, so we have to settle for Ohio State-Florida.

It's the second best matchup.

And Boise State doesn't count. Just because they can run the score up over the rest of the WAC doesn't make them a national champion. Isn't there a reason that BSU and Hawai'i can have the most prolific passers year after year?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Again, the rankings reflect the seasonal accomplishment, not just one game.

Sure, Michigan played in Columbus well and won in Notre Dame, but they played in a conference that was top-heavy and statistically weaker than the SEC. Yeah, Michigan had an impressive 3-point loss to Ohio State, but Michigan also had a sloppy 8-point home win against 5-7 Ball State.

Florida's overall schedule is stronger than Michigan's. Florida won at Tennessee, beat Sugar Bowl-bound LSU, and beat a Top-10 team on a neutral field to win the SEC. Losing at #11 Auburn by 10 points (which should really be just a 4-point loss, since Auburn recovered a fumble and scored a TD when the game clock read 0:00) shouldn't penalize Florida so severely.

Archived