COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2007

BloodAtFirstBite

Ho. Lee. CRAP!!!

man, Boise went all paducah on OU :D shoot, them Sooners look like somebody died :D

Pistons: you're kidding, right? that'd be like me cheering for Minnesota, as a Badger fan I'd never even consider thinking about doing so. heh, may as well take out that M in your sig right now. heh, what's this world coming to, a Michigan fan thinking about cheerin for the Buckeyes?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this Michigan loss makes the last ten pages of this topic worthless.

There were some of us who said all along that Michigan didn't deserve to go to Glendale. I guess USC proved us right. Michigan is a lot like Notre Dame; They look great against everyone except the good teams. Typical Michigan, lose to Ohio State then lose the bowl game. Same old song. How fast the mighty fall. Michigan went from being by far and away the best team in the country who was just "three points from proving it" to about number 7 in one afternoon. Maybe next year... :D

If Boise wins and the Buckeyes lose then I believe Boise has to be number one. The BCS won't see it that way but the AP can still vote them number one. I'd love it if someone had the guts to vote Boise State number one.

Michigan "looks great against everyone except the good teams"...so you are saying Ohio State isn't a good team?

Is losing considered looking great?

By 3 at the #1 team in the nation stadium... Yea

Ohio State ended the game by taking a knee 3 times on Michigan's 10 yard line. If they run it in then they go up ten and get blasted for running up the score. I'm sick of arguing about this and it doesn't even matter anymore. Michigan proved why they don't deserve the national championship game.

That Boise game was the greatest game I've ever seen. and now ian johnson has just proposed to his cheerleader girlfriend. Way to go Boise.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Ho. Lee. CRAP!!!

man, Boise went all paducah on OU :D shoot, them Sooners look like somebody died :D

Pistons: you're kidding, right? that'd be like me cheering for Minnesota, as a Badger fan I'd never even consider thinking about doing so. heh, may as well take out that M in your sig right now. heh, what's this world coming to, a Michigan fan thinking about cheerin for the Buckeyes?

No, I am serious. As much as I hate OSU, I like to see the Big Ten do good against other conferences, especially the SEC that is supposed to be so great (Big Ten is 2-0 against them so far, though). At, the same time, I hate to see Ohio State win, but for the Big Ten, I would kind of like to see it. It is really hard to cheer for a rival, but they are the ones representing our region, so I have to.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Ho. Lee. CRAP!!!

No, I am serious. As much as I hate OSU, I like to see the Big Ten do good against other conferences, especially the SEC that is supposed to be so great (Big Ten is 2-0 against them so far, though). At, the same time, I hate to see Ohio State win, but for the Big Ten, I would kind of like to see it. It is really hard to cheer for a rival, but they are the ones representing our region, so I have to.

Seriously, thanks for the support. No offense intended by this but we'd prefer that Michigan fans stay off the Buckeye bandwagon. You're young so it's possible you don't have a full understanding of the rivalry. If you're a Michigan fan and you root for Ohio State (and vice versa) for any reason you will lose all credibility on both sides. There are some things that you just don't do and one of them is Michigan fans don't root for Ohio State under any circumstances. We don't want you and your own fans will disown you. You may want to reconsider.

I'm a Big Ten fan too but you would have thought I was a USC fan yesterday. I'll take a Michigan loss over a Big ten win every time. No question.

BB52Big.jpg

Notre Dame got absolutely destroyed AGAIN. Michigan gets blasted, and rightly so, for "winning the games they're supposed to" but sucking ass when they play a team that's any good, but the Domers are the kings of that :censored:.

In the Weis reign, really, who in the hell have they beaten? They've lost NINE bowl games in a row. They don't deserve half of the credit and praise they've received. And they damn sure don't deserve to even sniff the BCS. For the second year in a row, they got housed on a national stage. Other than the heartbreaking loss over USC, every time this team has played an "equal" or "superior" team, they've not only lost, but have had their doors blown off.

Since Charlie Weis replaced Ty Willingham, they've relaxed their admission standards and relaxed their schedule. No, I'm not saying that Willingham's firing was racially motivated. Ty didn't get the job done, but Charlie ain't much better, really. "Sorry Charlie" isn't the second coming of Knute Rockne and he's winning with Ty's players. I think Ty could have had some good runs playing UNC, Stanford, Penn State, and the 3 service acadamies, just like Charlie. Ty would have found a way to get blown away by Michigan and USC, just like Charlie.

Simply put, this team is a paper tiger, Charlie Weis is overrated, Brady Quinn is overrated, Notre Dame is overrated, and there needs to be a playoff system because LSU looked lights out dominant in the second half (but of course they should have, because they were playing weak ass Notre Dame).

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Oh I think Notre Dame deserves a good ripping for their performance tonight they showed they didn't belong in this game, and they are long way from being a powerhouse again.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Notre Dame got absolutely destroyed AGAIN. Michigan gets blasted, and rightly so, for "winning the games they're supposed to" but sucking ass when they play a team that's any good, but the Domers are the kings of that :censored:.

In the Weis reign, really, who in the hell have they beaten? They've lost NINE bowl games in a row. They don't deserve half of the credit and praise they've received. And they damn sure don't deserve to even sniff the BCS. For the second year in a row, they got housed on a national stage. Other than the heartbreaking loss over USC, every time this team has played an "equal" or "superior" team, they've not only lost, but have had their doors blown off.

Since Charlie Weis replaced Ty Willingham, they've relaxed their admission standards and relaxed their schedule. No, I'm not saying that Willingham's firing was racially motivated. Ty didn't get the job done, but Charlie ain't much better, really. "Sorry Charlie" isn't the second coming of Knute Rockne and he's winning with Ty's players. I think Ty could have had some good runs playing UNC, Stanford, Penn State, and the 3 service acadamies, just like Charlie. Ty would have found a way to get blown away by Michigan and USC, just like Charlie.

Simply put, this team is a paper tiger, Charlie Weis is overrated, Brady Quinn is overrated, Notre Dame is overrated, and there needs to be a playoff system because LSU looked lights out dominant in the second half (but of course they should have, because they were playing weak ass Notre Dame).

And to think I was just ridiculed on this board at the beginning of the season when I said Notre Dame was overrated and would lose at least three games. As someone once said...you can look it up. :D

Sorry I used your post as a way to vindicate myself Greg but you said it better than I could.

And for the record...Ty Willingham got screwed at ND.

BB52Big.jpg

But...but....ESPN said they were all that and a bag of chips, that they were like the Patriots and should be all dominating. (Please note heavy sarcasm there).

Of course, LSU demolishing Notre Dame looks good, but I still feel that they are overrated team #2 to Notre Dame's overrated #1. I think a Wisconsin-LSU game would be quite fun to watch.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The problem with Notre Dame is that they are "Notre Dame". Notre Dame is a good team, they aren't a BCS worthy team but they are a slightly under BCS Bowl worthy team. The problem is because Notre Dame is "Notre Dame" they get invited to these bowls they have no business being in because of their history and popularity thus with them the game sells more tickets and has higher TV ratings. Thus Notre Dame is in over their head in these bowl games and get blown out. It's why they have lost 9 bowl games in a row.

I agree Willingham got screwed and deserved more time like every other Notre Dame coach got. I think him and Wiess are about the same as far as level of coaching is. However there are 2 main differences between them as far Notre Dame is concerned. The first Wiess was pretty much Notre Dame's first choice where Willingham wasn't. Willingham only got the job after O'leary was fired for the resume thing. Second is that Weiss is a life long NFL coach who was an assistant under both Bill Parcells and Bill Belichek. So because of this after his moderately successful first year he could command a big contract because of the possibility of him going back to the NFL. Willingham who is more known as a college coach didn't have that and thus couldn't get the big contract.

Hey, no mention of Louisville's win over Wake Forest? It completes the trifecta: Rutgers, West Virginia and Louisville all winning their bowl games.

Don't forget South Florida and possibly Cincy on Saturday. We could see the Big East basketball power go 5-0 in football bowls.

saBS.png

But...but....ESPN said they were all that and a bag of chips, that they were like the Patriots and should be all dominating. (Please note heavy sarcasm there).

Ain't that the truth. ESPN is responsible for 94% of everything that is wrong with sports. It's like they have a meeting, decide what the story line of the season is going to be, then they use every outlet they have to push said story line whether it fits or not.

To paraphrase (sort of) a movie...People don't watch ESPN because they're looking for great sports journalism. They watch ESPN because that's all there is.

BB52Big.jpg

Hey, no mention of Louisville's win over Wake Forest? It completes the trifecta: Rutgers, West Virginia and Louisville all winning their bowl games.

Not only that, but the Big East wins the Bowl Challenge Cup regardless of Cincinatti's game because of their current 1.000 winning percentage. Weakest link in the BCS? Apparently not.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Ain't that the truth. ESPN is responsible for 94% of everything that is wrong with sports. It's like they have a meeting, decide what the story line of the season is going to be, then they use every outlet they have to push said story line whether it fits or not.

To paraphrase (sort of) a movie...People don't watch ESPN because they're looking for great sports journalism. They watch ESPN because that's all there is.

That's why I've become a fan of FSN's "Final Score". No Budweiser Hot Seat, no choreographed "press conferences", just highlights, stats, and a few post-game interviews.

If you want SportsCenter, watch ESPNews. Even though it's slowly becoming just a shorter version of SportsCenter....

Cincinnati topped Western Michigan today in the International Bowl. I went down to the game, and it was a great day out. Cincy jumped out to a 24-0 lead early in the 2nd quarter. Western Michigan finally got something going with a wide reciever reverse pass, for their first touchdown. The Broncos would end up tying the game at 24 in the 4th quarter. The Bearcats went ahead with a field goal, and then with 1:30 left, Western Michigan just missed a 50 yard FG, wide right.

All together it was a successful event. The attendance was about 27 or 28 thousand people, with big turnouts from K-Zoo and Cincy. I really hope this bowl catches on, and from what I heard from locals, I think it will.

1zqy8ok.gif

That's why I've become a fan of FSN's "Final Score". No Budweiser Hot Seat, no choreographed "press conferences", just highlights, stats, and a few post-game interviews.

This is where I go when I tire of 24/7 coverage of the favorites of ESPN (y'know, the Notre Dames, the USCs, the Denver Nuggets Scandal of the Century, whatever T.O. says), and pretty much where I'm going to go from now on. It's gotten to the point where, if I wanna hear glorified watercooler talk, I'll watch SportsCenter. If I wanna see scores and highlights, FINAL SCORE.

With that being said, as has been already affirmed, ND had no business being in the Sugar Bowl, and LSU basically confirmed that. There's a reason why LSU was in the Sugar Bowl without winning their conference (best 2-loss team in the Nation by far) and there's a reason why ND was in the Sugar Bowl ($$$)

BCS Trends your mother warned you not to read...

I figured I'd post to see how these went...

All Time BCS Championship Game Wins

BCS #1 5-3 BCS #2 (BCS #2 has won 3 out of the last 4)

BCS #1 5-4 BCS #2. But, BCS #2 has now won 4 out of the last 5

All-Time BCS Championship Wins, Team who plays a conference championship facing a team who does not play a conference championship

Conference Championship playing team 4-2 team not playing a conference championship

This held up. Conference Championship playing teams are now 5-2

All-Time BCS Championship Wins, Team who wins a conference championship facing a team who does not play a conference championship

Conference Championship playing team 4-0 team not playing a conference championship

This held up. Conference Championship playing teams are now 5-0

Conferences with multiple teams in the BCS

Conferences with multiple teams in the BCS 14-11 Opposition

Make that 16-13.

BCS Title game participant with a fellow conference member in the BCS

BCS title game participant with a fellow conference member in the BCS 2-2 Opposition

Make that 4-4.

SEC vs. Big 10 in the BCS

SEC 1-1 Big 10

SEC 2-1 Big 10

Pac-10 vs. Big 10 in the BCS

Pac-10 3-2 Big 10

Pac-10 4-2 Big 10

ACC vs. Big East in the BCS

ACC 1-1 Big East

ACC 1-2 Big East

Notre Dame in the BCS

Notre Dame 0-2 Opposition

Make that 0-3

LSU in the Sugar Bowl

LSU 2-0 Opposition

Make that 3-0.

Big East in the Orange Bowl

Big East 1-1 Opposition

Make that 2-1.

ACC in the Orange Bowl

ACC 0-4 Opposition

Make that 0-5

Big XII in the Fiesta Bowl

Big XII 1-2 Opposition

make that 1-3

Overall BCS Records by Conference (Listed by Winning Percentage, Minimum of 2 appearances)

SEC 7-4

Big Ten 8-5

Pac-10 6-4

Big East 5-4

Big XII 5-6

ACC 1-7

Notre Dame 0-2

It's now...

SEC 9-4

Big Ten 8-7

Pac-10 7-4

Big East 6-4

Big XII 5-7

ACC 1-8

Notre Dame 0-3

*Bonus*

Boise State Bowl Record

Boise State 4-2 Opponents

Make it 5-2

OK, so looking at all of the trends, all trends that were not 50/50 were found to be 91% Accurate (including the Boise St. Bonus). Not too shabby, those stats are.

*BONUS BONUS TREND*

Heisman Trophy winners are 1-3 in BCS Title games (Matt Leinart was the only winner)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived