Jags wearing white vs. Cowboys

Blue Falcon

It's a story from The Associated Press, and ESPN just picked it up. I remember a similar story this time last year about Jacksonville forcing Seattle into wearing blue.

My guess is that the AP person charged with covering Jacksonville on a regular basis has a jersey fascination, and thus did a story on it. In other places, the jersey change wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.

I agree with the Texas argument. I'm from south Louisiana and my vacation in Florida was almost a break from the heat we're used to experiencing. That said, any chance to see the Cowboys in blue is a good thing.

Yeah, but then he said this:

"I like those white helmets they wear with those dark jerseys. I think they're pretty classy. We'll let them wear them here."

Now I think we all know that Dallas WON'T be wearing the white domes of their alts into Jacksonville. It'll be the silver domes and silver pants.

Or will it? (Outside chance at wearing those throwback alts 1st game out? Doubt it...)

Take pictures and savor them. Cowboys in navy (outside the alt) = SUPER RARE.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'll bet the Cowboys do strut out the throwbacks, it seems to me like they're trying to make that the fulltime road uniform. They wore them down in the bayou this preseason, and they wore 'em twice last season-just as much as the normal blue jerseys. So the odds are at least 50-50. I think they'd have a perfect set if they took the throwback jersey and swapped the white pants and helmet for the home metallic blue.

Acctually(spelling?) it's a good season for the Cowboys' blue jerseys

Besides the Jaguars, the Cowboys play at WSH, CAR, PHIL and even ARZ

where they could wear blue.

True--very true.

Hey--2007 could be a SPECIAL YEAR for all fans of Dallas (include me; they were the first team I remember watching and following during my little days until the day they played those guys in bright orange--the day when my allegiance shifted to the bright boys in orange). So, based off that rundown of locales in which the Cowboys will be playing, will Dallas be the REAL Blueland this year??!!!

WSH is a given; I can just about GUARANTEE Carolina--unless they break out the Ericcson cellphone screen blue alternates (THAT'S NY NAME FOR THAT COLOR AND I TAKE FULL CREDIT FOR IT!!!)--Is gonn make Dallas wear the navys (unless that game's late in the year); Arizona? Yeah--we might see Dallas in blue against them too. So that's FOUR possibilities...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Or will it?  (Outside chance at wearing those throwback alts 1st game out?  Doubt it...)

Buffalo wore their throwback alts for the first 2 games last season, the 2nd being a game AT Tampa Bay.

I think they were only allowed to wear their throwbacks 2 times a year so they wore them the first week then the second week because TB made them wear dark and they decided to go with the throwbacks (Mabye because they are lighter than the dark blue home unis?)

I think Dallas likes the throwbacks better than the regular blues so they may wear them at Jacksonville and on Thanksgiving

saBS.png

As someone who grew up in Tampa, those remind me of the Culverhouse era.  Leeman Bennett going 2-14 in consecutive years.

Then start learning the concept of "letting go." Sheesh.

Charming, as always. You also seem to miss one of the points of this board yet again.

Uniforms are offten associated with the team and era that they were used.

The Brewers ball and glove logo is nothing special (and is down right awful IMO), but their fans want it back because it's associated with that club's winning season. Many people here in Leafs Nation want the throwback alts to become teh primaries because 1)they represent the years when the Leafs were a dominating force in the NHL and 2)the current Ballard era Leaf logo is associated with the franchise's darkest years.

Obviously many Bucs fans still associate the orange look with the franchise's losing past, and there's nothing wrong with that. So get off your high horse and learn to respect the opinions of others.

As someone who grew up in Tampa, those remind me of the Culverhouse era.  Leeman Bennett going 2-14 in consecutive years.

Then start learning the concept of "letting go." Sheesh.

Charming, as always. You also seem to miss one of the points of this board yet again.

Uniforms are offten associated with the team and era that they were used.

The Brewers ball and glove logo is nothing special (and is down right awful IMO), but their fans want it back because it's associated with that club's winning season. Many people here in Leafs Nation want the throwback alts to become teh primaries because 1)they represent the years when the Leafs were a dominating force in the NHL and 2)the current Ballard era Leaf logo is associated with the franchise's darkest years.

Obviously many Bucs fans still associate the orange look with the franchise's losing past, and there's nothing wrong with that. So get off your high horse and learn to respect the opinions of others.

The fans don't wear the uniforms. The players do. And according to that article, they want to wear the orange uniforms:

"I like the orange. Our younger players, they want to wear it. They're not embarrassed about our franchise history and the colors. They want to wear it, and I want to wear it."

-- Derrick Brooks

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

ahh yes, but the players dont pay to go the games do they?

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

ahh yes, but the players dont pay to go the games do they?

Would lots of people not go to a game because of the team's uniform? The stadium will still be full. It's the NFL for god's sake.

Yeah, fans will show up regardless of the uniforms, but they also buy the merch, and they will buy less of that merch if they don't like it.

Archived