And you thought T.O. was a backstabber...

OB33

Stupid Tonya Harding wannabe.

A smart Tonya Harding wannabe would have at least hired someone else to do it.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

While this in itself is absolutely a pathetic display, let's keep in mind that this guy was a backup on not only a D-IAA team, but one that only just recently moved up from D-II. How sad is it that one would have to stoop to that level to get the starting job of a D-IAA school?

VmWIn6B.png

Do they seriously only average 37.6 yards?

I could kick that, and I'm nearly 40.

No wonder Aussies are queueing up for punting jobs.

Well, add about 10-15 more yards to that....punts are measured only from the line of scrimmage forward.

Well, it's still only 50 yards, which is only 45 meters.

I can't think of one AFL footballer who can't kick that far, and most kick 55 meters (62 yards) without really trying.

Benny Graham was one of our better kicks, at about 65 meters, (73 yards) and got the job with the Jets.

And your ball is designed to spiral.

Sounds pretty easy work.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

"sounds pretty easy"

factors that could dictate include different balls and the fact that this is a lower-division American football college team - compare how far the average NFL or top D1 punter could kick to an AFL footballer with the same sort of ball and then we'll start calling names.

and I love that the first comment on this on Deadspin was "I hope they put the stitches laces out." gold.

harperdc.gif

"sounds pretty easy"

factors that could dictate include different balls and the fact that this is a lower-division American football college team - compare how far the average NFL or top D1 punter could kick to an AFL footballer with the same sort of ball and then we'll start calling names.

and I love that the first comment on this on Deadspin was "I hope they put the stitches laces out." gold.

OK, so it's low grade football.

But really, most 18 year olds playing footy Down Under could kick 45 yards.

But then, ours is a kicking game.

My son can kick 30 yards, and he's 11 years old.

I'd love to see one of your guys with one of our footballs.

DSCN0754sherin_L.jpg

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Darren Bennett a guy that was known for kicking long balls? His career average was about 43 -- and that's an NFL Pro Bowl punter who played a great deal of time playing Aussie Rules and was, as I understand, regarded for kicking long balls.

Back to the story -- this is all going on in my home town, so I love it!

UNC won tonight because of a blocked punt. A bit ironic.

The third string punter also got injured in the game -- and the back up kicker filled in and his first attempt went all of 7 yards.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived