new logo's for maryville college

leggman01

I like the Scotsman. The M will look good, but I would like to see the full logo at the 50 yard line. I was afraid it would look like the Fighting Irish logo. Has their ever been plaid in a sports logo before??? I love the plaid. The endzones sould be just the plaid, similar to Tennessee's checkerboard look. B)

2000Patch.jpg

The Sword aspect of the logo reminds me of the logo of the "Scottish Claymores" of WLAF / NFL Europe.

I'm just happy that none of the new logos look like the character "Fat Bastard" from the Austin Powers movies....

I love the plaid in the Scotsman. The fact they were able to pull it off with the colors that they did makes it even better.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

...coming out of lurk-mode again for some sappy crap...

I have a soft-spot for that school...one of my first girlfriends in high school went to Maryville...majored in sign language...

I just found out recently that she died of breast cancer in 2000...I had lost contact with her; never knew until this past summer...

The Sword aspect of the logo reminds me of the logo of the "Scottish Claymores" of WLAF / NFL Europe.

I'm just happy that none of the new logos look like the character "Fat Bastard" from the Austin Powers movies....

Aw C'mon! that would be the best. The T-Shirt sales would shoot through the roof. Although I don't know if it would be the best logo to put on all of the Alumni donation letters they send out...

Here's a mockup I just did:

scotsfield.jpg

I like that alot, but that would be a bitch to paint every game.

Two words -- Field Turf.

Or is that actually one word? I'm not sure. Anyway, you get my point.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

maryville college, tn got new logo's...they're not bad, but not spectacular - i'm not a huge fan of the "puffy" nature of the wordmark, and the drop shadow on the "scots" wordmark is very distracting, to me - i like the "power m" and i like the use of the sword as the "t"

here they are

Another logo afflicted with the New England Patriot squinty eyed look. Are logo designers too damn lazy to get more detail in the faces? Or is the almighty dollar dictating what's easy to replicate on merchandise?

Archived