Help me find a new NCAA Football Team

NJTank

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought about suggesting that you become the NCAA FB anarchist and just hate everybody and every thing, or there is always Liberty University to feed your papanoia about the right. But this would be the perfect weekend to jump on the Vanderbilt band wagon. Great school in the best football conferance and one of the best in basketball as well. And due to the strict academic guidelines they will always have the underdog aura.

Seriously, why would Tank choose an academic school?

I always thought SU was the de facto school of choice for the NY Metro area, but that might only be for basketball.

Penn State is relatively popular in NJ for football. That has a lot to with a lot of people frim NJ went or goes to Penn State. Plus Paterno is popular. That said let's be honest when it comes to NYC metro area I think only Nascar is less popular than college sports. As far as sports goes in the NYC area it's baseball, baseball, and then more baseball. Then maybe a little bit of NFL, followed by NHL and NBA come playoff time. I was listening to the local NFL talk radio show up there over the web last week and all they talked about was the Yankees and Mets.

But with 9 MLB, NFL, NHL, and NBA teams it's no suprise that college sports isn't popular in the NYC metro area.

Also, Tank another team you could root for is Army.

Knicks would be #2 behind the Yanks if they weren't the NBA's instant punchline.

No, they wouldn't. They could be NBA champions and at best be the number 5 team behind the Yankees, Mets, Giants, and Jets. Once you get outside of NYC itself Basketball isn't that popular.

Alright there are certain rules for rooting for a college a team. It's not like pro sports where you can "pick a team out of a hat" and get away with it.

How come I chose to be a Florida Fan?

BTW, Yes I did take these rules from the Sportsguy Bill Simmons.

No wonder why they sound retarded. <_<

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Hmmm conservative school with religious values. Well known for shutting out liberal thoughts or speech? Respected academically but feared on the football field. Plays the game the way it was meant to be played and successful history? Don't want to be trendy and just go with big name schools because you want to appear to be a REAL fan?

Sounds a lot like BYU to me. Or you could go with Rutgers. The heroes of the 1980 Holiday bowl were catholic, by the way. Jim McMahon and Clay Brown.

I was going to say UCSD just to be funny but they're far too liberal for you. Too many foreigners going there for your taste I think.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Can't argue with Vandy (my sister went there), but I'm gonna say stick with Miami. A couple reasons for this, most having nothing to do with the brawl...

First, I'm all for sticking with your team. Who cares what everyone else thinks. The only thing that I'd accept as a reason for dropping a school, is if you are deeply offended by the brawl yesterday. Then, by all menas, dump the 'Canes. Next, just picking a school at random (or soliciting for someone-elses favorite) is even dumber than dropping your favorite school just because of a fight. True fans stick through the hard times too...

And my final (and most importaint reason) reason - the brawl was started by FIU! Okay, maybe the 'Canes player shouldn't have bowed to the FIU student section, but FIU's gotta keep their cool there. There were at least two punches thrown by FIU before Miami went truly nuts back. Now, I know Miami's reputation (and there were some things done that are reprehensible by both sides), but in this case, you gotta but more blame on FIU than the U...

Moose

Need a bandwagon to jump on??? Look no further than the SEC, or better yet, the entire state of Georgia, which is infamous for bandwagon jumping. You could jump on Auburn's bandwagon, look what they did to Florida last night, and Auburn is always a contender for the Nat'l Title.

Or Tennessee. Phillip Fulmer may be a jackass to the 3rd degree for snitching on Alabama a few years ago, but you gotta like Eric Ainge since he obviously came from the better half of that family.

Or you can just stay in the ACC, but still in Georgia, and start pullin for Georgia Tech. They've got a real good chance of winning the ACC this year, and I can already feel the city starting to jump on their bandwagon instead of treating them as the irrelevant 7-5 college. But other than that, you can take your pick from the south, because we are loaded from top to bottom...

(Except for Ole Miss. They're just lame.)

After that Miami fight I have decided to switch allegences, I have sorta of always liked Notre Dame but I was talking to someone and they said Norte Dame has too many fans. I like Rutgers but they are regional and not a National Team, so I have decided to let people nominate my new NCAA Team.

There are 5 teams I am eleminating I hate them and can never root for them.

They are:

1. USC-Hate the Band

2. Cal-Berkley (Guess Why)

3. Michigan-I hate them because of 1989 Final Four

4. Nebraka-I hate that mascot

5. Ohio State-Fiesta Bowl cheating.

Nominate any other team maybe ever try to talk me into saying with Miami Ill look them over and Ill make my announcement later. Ive heard stories of people doing this in other sports and Now Im doing it here I think it will be a fun game.

You live in Jersey so why not root for Rutgers?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I always thought SU was the de facto school of choice for the NY Metro area, but that might only be for basketball. It seems kind of lame for Tank to root for Miami sports at all (ugh...what's the attraction?) but now is as good as time as any to switch over to Rutgets. Their football team is dominant this year and they're basketball program is on an upswing over the past couple years. Plus, you get the added bonus of rooting for a perennial underachiever. It can be frustrating, but the good season for a bad team or so much more rewarding than the good seasons for a great team.

Heres a problem with Rutgers Football I dont like Rutgers Basketball that much (Im a Seton Hall Fan) The Hall dose not play Footbal though

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

If you want to root for a school that holds your Irish Catholic values, why not Boston College? Aside from the hatred that comes from leaving the Big East, the school has a fairly strong athletic program (football, basketball and hockey) and has one of the highest student-athlete graduation rates in the nation.

You also don't have to deal with the "everyone roots for them" bandwagon that comes with Notre Dame, and you don't have the egos or crime that comes from the schools in Florida.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Go with Army!

Why? I'd think Tank would want to root for a winner.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Hey Tank It's Gotta Be: New Jersey Tech (They don't play football though)

njit-masthead.jpg

I pass that banner every morning going to work and they dont have football and they are not bigger then my ALma Matter though my Alma Matter is staying D3.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I say just go with Rutgers. There your local team why not root for them. You say your afraid they won't stick in the top 25, I wouldn't be so sure. Maryland was pretty bad in the 90s. But we had a breakout year in 2001 under Ralph Friedgen. Since then we've been pretty good, two more bowls. The past two seasons we haven't been great. But at least we got to watch two future NFL stars in Shawne Merriman and Vernon Davis (good recuriting after a couple good season). I'm thinking this season we get another bowl. What I'm trying to say is that there is a chance Rutgers could do the same. One great year can do alot for a program

Archived