name the NWL Green Bay Baseball Team

AceTen

I also submitted "Starrs." But you gotta give style points to TundraWolves.

I went back and submitted "Mavrels." Hopefully, people would get that it's an altered spelling of "marvels" as a nod to Brett Favre and not "mav-rulls." Ah, if it's too confusing, they'll dump it.

I wanted to submit something unique while also tying into the town's history. The Fox River in Green Bay was my inspiration for the "Titletown Thunderfoxes"

Where does thunder come from, Titletown Foxes isn't a bad idea.

Green Bay BridgeCats - Yes... I succumbed to the urge to submit just the sort of awkward fusion of two nouns that minor-professional (and amateur) sports teams seem to take great delight in embracing. Green Bay's East and West sides are linked by several bridges. Cats sounded better than Dawgs, Canaries or Lizards. Hmmmmm... on second thought, BridgeLizards has a ring to it. I'll save it for a San Francisco-based ABA franchise: the Golden Gate BridgeLiZZardZ.

Green Bay Champs - A nod to the city's sports history.

Green Bay Foxes - An homage to the Fox River.

Green Bay RiverFoxes - Ditto... only rendered in double-noun style.

Green Bay Trappers - Historical.

Green Bay Voyageurs - Ditto.

Titletown Titans - If you can't bring yourself to offer up a puerile double-noun moniker, then at least make sure the team's place-name and nick-name are alliterative. Team management eats that up, too.

Green Bay BridgeCats - Yes... I succumbed to the urge to submit just the sort of awkward fusion of two nouns that minor-professional (and amateur) sports teams seem to take great delight in embracing. Green Bay's East and West sides are linked by several bridges. Cats sounded better than Dawgs, Canaries or Lizards. Hmmmmm... on second thought, BridgeLizards has a ring to it. I'll save it for a San Francisco-based ABA franchise: the Golden Gate BridgeLiZZardZ.

Green Bay Champs - A nod to the city's sports history.

Green Bay Foxes - An homage to the Fox River.

Green Bay RiverFoxes - Ditto... only rendered in double-noun style.

Green Bay Trappers - Historical.

Green Bay Voyageurs - Ditto.

Titletown Titans - If you can't bring yourself to offer up a puerile double-noun moniker, then at least make sure the team's place-name and nick-name are alliterative. Team management eats that up, too.

For what it's worth, the ownership group is called Titletown Baseball Inc., so a Packer theme of some kind would be appropriate.

Foxes or any variation of is unlikely, as that would be too close to the old minor league Appleton Foxes (now the Timber Rattlers).

Other things worth noting:

Other Green Bay teams have had nicknames including Blue Jays, Blue Sox and Blue Ribbons. Others have been Sultans and Billy's (yes, with an apostrophe, and a goat mascot).

Probably the best player to come of Green Bay is Frank Howard, so I'm gonna suggest, using his nickname, the Green Bay Hondos.

Green Bay's also big on making paper, but something like PaperBats doesn't sound too good.

Then again they could steal from a TV add of a couple of years ago - Green BayWatch - and if they get Pamela Anderson to throw out the first ball, I'm there :)

One other thing - Royle, the owner, used to publish the Packer Report newspaper when it was Ray Nitschke's Packer Report. So why not a salute to the big guy - the Green Bay 66ers.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Green Bay Peckers.

You know, as in "Woodpeckers."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived