Both teams in colored uniforms

bigwalk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have any pics, but who can forget the classic Vikings-Lions game in 1964 when they both showed up wearing white jerseys? :D

What happened was the Vikings decided to wear their white uniforms at home for that game so their fans could see their road uniforms. Problem is, no one bothered to tell the visiting Lions that, so they naturally wore their white jerseys.

They played half the game like that. At halftime, the Vikings ditched the white jerseys and put on the purple ones...and they were already wearing purple pants, so they looked like Easter eggs, according to one of their players.

Incidentally, that was the last time the Vikings ever wore the purple pants...until this year!

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I'm not trying to be captain obvious here... but this happens everytime the Lakers play at home, except Sunday when the Lakers tend to wear their white alternates. I wish this would happen more often, as long as it was well thought out. That WI and IL picture hurts my eyes. The colors need to be more of a contrast.

I think it would be great to adopt the old '60's approach of Tennessee, UCLA and any other teams/schools whose primary colour is light enough to wear both home and away. Mind you, I was at Notre Dame Saturday and those new Bruin road jerseys are sweeeeet... :)

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

I remember the indians playing the rangers, the rangers were wearing their royal blue jerseys and the indians were wearing their navy blue ones.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I think this was one of the worst ones. University of Illinois vs. Wisconsin in 2004:

Defense-lg.jpg

FYI: The Wisconsin player is on the right. <_<

:shocked: WOW, that's really bad!!!

The reason for the Orange and Red was because Illinois told Wisconsin that the Illini would wear white and then changed their minds at the last minute and wisconsin didn't bring their whites with them.

i think during the 2002 NHL ASG in LA, teams wore colored jerseys.

a_all02_4.jpg

Good idea on paper, poor execution on ice. It was very difficult to watch this game and an even bigger nightmare to play on NHL 2002. I had to down load a white version of the ASG jerseys and override the Blue jersey just to be able to tell my team from the CPU.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Bruins, Kings, Canucks, & Seals have all used yellow jerseys as their "white jerseys" so when they did that you would always have yellow vs colour.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

a_all02_4.jpg

Good idea on paper, poor execution on ice. It was very difficult to watch this game and an even bigger nightmare to play on NHL 2002. I had to down load a white version of the ASG jerseys and override the Blue jersey just to be able to tell my team from the CPU.

I think I've got that beat. Wasn't there a year or two when the one team wore red, the other wore blue, and the goalies wore white?

EDIT: Just confirmed that was the look in 2000 and 2001 in the All-Star game.

LvZYtbZ.png

a_all02_4.jpg

I think I've got that beat. Wasn't there a year or two when the one team wore red, the other wore blue, and the goalies wore white?

EDIT: Just confirmed that was the look in 2000 and 2001 in the All-Star game.

the 00/01 games weren't that difficult to watch, aside from the horrendous uniform design. However the 02 was a nightmare to watch, because half the time i couldn't tell the world player from the na player. Thankfully they corrected that mistake in 03 with a decent white jersey.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

when did lsu wear those yellow jerseys and white pants/helmet? looks pretty recent...and why did they wear them? and why havent we seen them agian

IIRC it was '97 when they wore them.

It was the 1997 Independence Bowl against Notre Dame. It is, to date, the only time those helmets have ever been worn.

I could be wrong about this, but didn't the Saints and Vikings play a game a few years ago where the Saints wore their gold jerseys (possibly the only time ever) and the Vikings wore purple? I think it was the 2002 game where the Vikings won 32-31 on a 2 point conversion with 5 seconds left.

You're correct. Culpepper was in the shotgun for the 2 point conversion try at the end to win the game and even though he DROPPED THE SNAP he was still able to reach the end zone. All the Saints needed to do was win 1 of their last 3 to make the playoffs...but no. They sat Jake Delhomme and played Aaron Brooks with a bad shoulder and went 0-3. Not that I'm still bitter or anything. :cursing:

img6036479.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

when did lsu wear those yellow jerseys and white pants/helmet? looks pretty recent...and why did they wear them? and why havent we seen them agian

IIRC it was '97 when they wore them.

GOD.... That's hideous!!!

YOZXkBG.png?1

I remember watching that U of I v. Wisc. game at a bar in Champaign. It was ridiculous. But sort of fun in a weird way. I can't remember how many times we thought some guy was shooting at the wrong basket on a rebound.

Oh, and OF COURSE the guy from Madison blames Illinois for the situation. Maybe Wisconsin should have been more prepared, huh?

I remember watching that U of I v. Wisc. game at a bar in Champaign. It was ridiculous. But sort of fun in a weird way. I can't remember how many times we thought some guy was shooting at the wrong basket on a rebound.

Oh, and OF COURSE the guy from Madison blames Illinois for the situation. Maybe Wisconsin should have been more prepared, huh?

Why wouldn't you blame Illinois for the situation? Is it incumbent on the road team to bring home, road and alternate uniforms on every road trip to bend to the whim of the home team? The only exception is if Illinois informed Wiscosin ahead of time that they planned on wearing orange. If that was the case, then Wisconsin should have brought their normal home uniforms (or come up with an alternate black one - not that I'm advocating any more black alternates). That is why the NFL sets the uniform schedule up ahead of time and forces the teams to stick to their schedule, like Kansas City wearing white in Week 1 this year even though the heat wave broke 2-3 days prior to the game.

Archived