Both teams in colored uniforms

bigwalk

Seeing South Carolina and Vandy got me thinking, how frequently does this happen? I remember seeing photographs (before my time, of course). I seem to recall Army and Southern Miss playing in the Humanitarian Bowl one year, with USM wearing gold and Army wearing black. Then, of course, there was

Rondell-Mealey.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes it did occur in NFL Thanksgiving games in the past couple of years. UCF and Nevada also wore colored jerseys (gold and navy blue respectively) in last years Hawaii Bowl. Oth than that it doesnt happen often, although as long as the colors aren't confusing, I wouldn't mind seeing it more often.

I am pretty sure there was a monday night game in the 1980s--Green Bay at Denver. Green Vs. Orange. It was snowing pretty hard.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I am pretty sure there was a monday night game in the 1980s--Green Bay at Denver. Green Vs. Orange. It was snowing pretty hard.

The Packers were in white that night. It was in 1984. I've seen the NFL Films footage on that.

I found a picture of that LSU helmet at a different angle, and it actually has five stripes of what appear to be equal size. They're actually in the same sequence (purple-gold-white-gold-purple), but the stripes are all the same size.

I'll offer up the recent Georgia Tech and Notre Dame football game. BOTH teams had bright gold helmets and although ND wore white shirts with gold pants and GT gold unis with white pants it looked like one big gold mess. I can't imagine how much of a pain in the arse it must have been to be a QB that day.

I could be wrong about this, but didn't the Saints and Vikings play a game a few years ago where the Saints wore their gold jerseys (possibly the only time ever) and the Vikings wore purple? I think it was the 2002 game where the Vikings won 32-31 on a 2 point conversion with 5 seconds left.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I could be wrong about this, but didn't the Saints and Vikings play a game a few years ago where the Saints wore their gold jerseys (possibly the only time ever) and the Vikings wore purple? I think it was the 2002 game where the Vikings won 32-31 on a 2 point conversion with 5 seconds left.

I think you are correct. Same goes for the time the Pats played the Cowboys and the Pats wore their silver alts and Cowboys wore their blues.

Dallas vs Denver on Thanksgiving, 2001:

gold_112201.jpg

(Yes, that is Ryan Leaf)

Looks like Ryan Leaf is getting Broncowned. Damn, I miss those old Broncos unis, especially the helmets.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Seeing South Carolina and Vandy got me thinking, how frequently does this happen? I remember seeing photographs (before my time, of course). I seem to recall Army and Southern Miss playing in the Humanitarian Bowl one year, with USM wearing gold and Army wearing black.

USM did wear vegas gold jerseys that day...however, their opponent wasn't Army, it was Idaho.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I wanna say I remember the Carolina Panthers and San Francisco 49ers both wearing colored jerseys the first year Carolina was in the league. It must have been when the 9ers hosted Carolina, becuase Ive found a picture of the game in Carolina with the Panthers wearing white. Either that or as a young 49ers fan who liked the new red unifors was happy to see them being worn on the road.

SEAsig.png

Don't quote me on this, but I swear in a pre-season game around the time of both teams modifying their unis, the Bucs wore red and the Ravens wore purple. I'm going to investigate this more.

Edit: Don't know what brain cells I destroyed, but according to the Raven's website, they've never played TB in pre-season.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived