Canadiens vs. Bruins

Hat Boy

The Bruins announcers made a point to note that the numbers are not easy to read on the Canadiens' jerseys. I've found that to be a problem as well...the numbers need a thicker white outline where they cross the colored band.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The Bruins announcers made a point to note that the numbers are not easy to read on the Canadiens' jerseys. I've found that to be a problem as well...the numbers need a thicker white outline where they cross the colored band.

Agreed. But still, that is one beautiful jersey.

Agreed. But still, that is one beautiful jersey.

I usually don't set aside a night to watch hockey on TV, but last night I did when I looked at the schedule and noted that throwbacks were being worn. Beautiful looks on both teams...I'm glad the B's have decided to wear their throwbacks vs. Original 6 opponents at home this season. :D

Am I just getting old or did hockey jerseys used to be way, way, way cooler?

The Bruins looked like a million bucks. And the Habs? Can't argue with any of their jersey choices, although I think I like the "modern" whites that they've worn for as long as I can remember.

those jersey are amazing, they should be the primaries, expectinally montreal! But the numbers should be changed to red on the canadiens ones!

Numbers are already red. They have put a white outline around the numbers, and then a blue outline around the whole thing.

I wish they'd try white numbers with both a red and a blue outline. That way, it'd probably be easier to read.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

^ for sure. I love the design, but whomever came up with the colour combo needs to shake their head. The triple colour combo is a great one for sure, but red and blue together just aren't complimentry enough to work alone. It won't be 'retro' but they need that white in those number somewhere.

It's not so much the numbers, but the stripe that makes them hard to read.

I love the look of those Bruins. I need to get myself one of those, the Savard collection needs completion!

those jersey are amazing, they should be the primaries, expectinally montreal! But the numbers should be changed to red on the canadiens ones!

Numbers are already red. They have put a white outline around the numbers, and then a blue outline around the whole thing.

I wish they'd try white numbers with both a red and a blue outline. That way, it'd probably be easier to read.

For the sake of having a visual:

Habswhites.png

in responce to Icecaps post, I like the white between the red and blue layers, i feel it makes it more visually appealing.

It shows up well in the other version, but the red and red are still next to each other, and it becomes hard to differentiate between them

I for one like the newer bruin set (minus the pooh on the shoulder) and the Canadien set looks like it matches better, but the digits are a problem. On a side note...is this practice going to be discontinued or butchered when the swifts come in or will they still be sweaters?

KISSwall09.jpg

Although the Bruins lost (again), it was certainly the best dressed game in teh NHL last night.

chara_bergeron06-celeb.jpg

Damn, that is just so RIGHT. :hockeysmiley:

I love that look so much it scary.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

in responce to Icecaps post, I like the white between the red and blue layers, i feel it makes it more visually appealing.

It shows up well in the other version, but the red and red are still next to each other, and it becomes hard to differentiate between them

The white between the red was on yesterday's jerseys:

215796_resize.jpg

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived