NHL to use RBK unis

FlyersHockey1967

What I love is how neither quote mentions that the Leafs ARE getting a new logo/jersey which was confirmed in a Toronto Star article with quotes from MLSE. Well, more like a modification of the current silhoette but still a modification. If these jerseys are all unvailed on wednesday then DAYUM, it will be a good day. I can't wait to see them all, I wonder if the Sabres of Ducks will be modified at all... and I hope this modified Leafs jersey looks good... cuz if I'm spending $600 on one I'd hope not just to get the lap dances but to be able to parade it around and not feel self consious, lol.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

845289_240X320.jpg

Jagshemash! No one messes with great glorious nation of Kazakhstan!

Dzien Dobre!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The bias in Andy's article is hard not to notice. He, uh, just happens to work for the Blues organization. It's no wonder why he's towing the company line and mentioned "Not one player had a complaint".

Total BS on the last part. He obviously got Reebok's talking points from their PR firm.

I like the part in Strickland's blog that says "Fans should know that whatever changes made in terms of design and logo had to be approved by each individual club. For example John Davidson approved the new St. Louis Blues jersey."

So Reebok essentially re-designed every team without much input from them. Wonder why I'm peed off about this. I don't believe the NHL should market my team like an x-line hat. Can't wait for my team (the Canucks) next ridiculous uniform incarnation. I'm so looking forward to seeing a cookie cutter jersey to go along with our corporate logo. Maybe they'll surprise and go retro a bit but I'm not expecting anything from such an ugly template.

I eagerly await the car-crash

DEATH TO REEBOK

From Stan Fischler:

The new style NHL uniforms won’t be an easy sell. As Brendan Shanahan opines, “I’m an old-school guy and I don’t like to change my equipment too much.”

http://msgnetwork.com/content_news.jsp?art...&league=nhl

It is funny Shanny said that about the gear...he used old school 652 skates, Easton aluminum shafts with wood blades, and old Easton gloves forever...then last year all of a sudden he starts rocking Vapor XXX skates, a Warrior one piece graphite stick, and Vapor XXX gloves.

I think it's funny how people were bitching about the new NBA basketball proclaiming things like "they would never change the equipment in hockey without conversing with the players first!" suggesting that the ball change (or at least lack of player input) was somehow racially motivated. Now just about the same thing is happening in hockey, and the players once again have no say in it.

Bottom line: corporations run sports, it doesn't matter which sport it is or who plays it. So this jersey mess at least cleared that much up.

I think it's funny how people were bitching about the new NBA basketball proclaiming things like "they would never change the equipment in hockey without conversing with the players first!" suggesting that the ball change (or at least lack of player input) was somehow racially motivated. Now just about the same thing is happening in hockey, and the players once again have no say in it.

At least the NBA changed back. It'll probably take riots in the streets of Toronto (and such) for the NHL to scrap this retarded idea.

1zgyd8w.jpg

At least the NBA changed back. It'll probably take riots in the streets of Toronto (and such) for the NHL to scrap this retarded idea.

Forget that, maybe the players should lock themselves out of the arenas and refuse to play in those pieces of garbage. :flagcanada:

Forget that, maybe the players should lock themselves out of the arenas and refuse to play in those pieces of garbage. :flagcanada:

Yes, that way Underwater Basket Weaving can finally get its much deserved slice of the sun in the pantheon of sports that people in the USA actually care about...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Does anybody know what time the unveilling will be at on the 17th? Morning? Afternoon?

Night?

I thought they where unveilling them on the 24th ...............

Does anyone know for sure that they are being unveiled tomorrow? I had originally heard that they would be released during the All-Star Break, and there is nothing on NHL.com at this time about an unveiling tomorrow.

:therock:

Does anybody know what time the unveilling will be at on the 17th? Morning? Afternoon?

Night?

I thought they where unveilling them on the 24th ...............

Does anyone know for sure that they are being unveiled tomorrow? I had originally heard that they would be released during the All-Star Break, and there is nothing on NHL.com at this time about an unveiling tomorrow.

:therock:

It was mentioned on HNIC that there would be some kind of jersey preview tomorrow. The full unveiling will be at the All Star game

zzPEfBm.png

According to The Hockey News: http://www.thehockeynews.com/en/news/Detai...sp?xml=h011619A

NHL set to unveil new form-fitting uniforms after three years of work

(CP) - The NHL is getting a new look and J.P. Dumont likes what he sees in the league's new uniforms.

The Nashville Predators forward and his teammates tested them this season and Dumont feels the new form-fitting jerseys and socks from Reebok will be a hit. "It looks really good," Dumont said Tuesday from Nashville. "I was surprised because I was hearing that they would be more fitted and I was thinking they might be too tight. But they feel really comfortable."

Reebok and the NHL will give a sneak peak to a small media contingent Wednesday in New York before the full-fledged media launch Monday in Dallas during the all-star festivities.

What exactly is in store for the league's 700 players next season?

More form-fitting socks and a more streamlined jersey with a material that's lighter, very breathable, water resistant, and more flexible.

The new uniforms aren't nearly as radical as the original concept. That's because the players got involved in the process.

"It's something that they've worked with the players to improve," said Buffalo Sabres centre Daniel Briere. "I think they did it the right way where they asked a lot of questions, they asked for feedback from us, tried to find out what the guys liked and what the guys didn't like about the jerseys to try and make it work."

There will surely still be critics - some players may be resistant to change - but the shock value dissipated when the original idea of tucked-in jerseys went by the wayside after the players politely gave them the thumbs-down. Jerseys worn out, please.

Still, the new form-fitting sweaters are different than the traditional baggy ones. Briere, whose Sabres squad also tested the new uniforms, says the cut of the jersey will likely stand out the most for fans.

"These are more fitted to each player. It's just a different cut, I think that's the thing that's going to jump out from the people's point of view," Briere said. "It'll be interesting to see how the fans react to it."

The new uniforms will be worn at the Jan. 24 all-star game in Dallas and then next season by all players.

"They're really extendable," said Dumont. "Every movement you make, it doesn't bother you at all.

"And the waterproof thing is great. That's something we should have had a few years ago, it's unbelievable."

While the jerseys are tighter than the current baggy ones, Dumont says they're not constricting.

"Even though it's a fitted jersey you're not stuck in them, you're able to move around really well," Dumont said. "And it's really light. I know right now here in Nashville, our third jersey gets really heavy when it's wet. These new jerseys will be great."

They're apparently not as tight-fitting as the Nike jerseys worn by Canada's NHL stars at last February's Turin Olympics.

"I just don't want them to make us look like robots out there, the Olympic ones were too tight I thought," said Edmonton Oilers star Ryan Smyth, who played on the Olympic team.

The "new uniform system" as the league calls it, has been three years in the making. Originally slated to be in use for this season, the NHL wisely held off as Reebok modified and tested with players to get it right. Or so they hope.

By all accounts the communication process between Reebok, the NHL and the NHL Players' Association has been smooth and no one is complaining behind the scenes.

"We've worked closely with the league in the testing process of the jersey," said Mike Gartner, director of hockey affairs at the NHLPA and the union's point man on the new uniforms. "More than half of our players have worn them in practice and have made comments and suggestions which the league and Reebok have made adjustments on."

Credit the NHL for holding back the launch this season and getting the players more involved in testing. Just look at what happened with the NBA and its failed new ball. The players were not involved in testing and ultimately the complaints prompted the league to switch back to the old ball.

Last summer, Reebok reps attended the NHLPA's player meetings in Whistler, B.C., so that players could provide input. In addition, both Gartner and Vincent Damphousse, the NHLPA's director of business relations, have attended team practices where the new uniforms were tested by the players this season.

at 17:39 on January 16, 2007, EST.

Archived