NHL to use RBK unis

FlyersHockey1967

Nice. Thanks for the info man.

And yes, it could be worse. We could have Dan Cloutier as our goalie.

clootsej7.jpg

Too bad that giant puck isn't an official NHL game puck and not just a novelty puck. Joke could have worked...

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

If you looked at the CCM patch on the back of the Wild players, you'd realize that the picture was from the 03-04 season.

Really, I'd expect a hockey template maker to know better. :D

Oh, by the way, I didn't make the pic. I'm not THAT good.

dc39se4.jpg

dc392yw2.jpg

Things Dan Cloutier can't stop:

1. Really big hockey pucks

2. Slow floating beach balls

3. Snails

4. A feather

5. A baby crawling

6. A guy riding a stationary bike

7. Bubbles

8. A balloon

9. A sloth

10. Losing

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you looked at the CCM patch on the back of the Wild players, you'd realize that the picture was from the 03-04 season.

Really, I'd expect a hockey template maker to know better. :D

Oh, by the way, I didn't make the pic. I'm not THAT good.

dc39se4.jpg

dc392yw2.jpg

Things Dan Cloutier can't stop:

1. Really big hockey pucks

2. Slow floating beach balls

3. Snails

4. A feather

5. A baby crawling

6. A guy riding a stationary bike

7. Bubbles

8. A balloon

9. A sloth

10. Losing

Boy are you quick on the draw!

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Just want to throw it out there that I talked to the CCM/Reebok regional rep and i asked him about whether it was going to be one template or will every team have there own unique jersey and he said that every team will have different styles and there own unique patterns....so I don't know if every team is completely changing or if some are keeping more traditional styles ala canadians, blackhawks, rangers, etc...But every team according to the rep will be different

PavelBure2.png

Delaware.jpg

Just want to throw it out there that I talked to the CCM/Reebok regional rep and i asked him about whether it was going to be one template or will every team have there own unique jersey and he said that every team will have different styles and there own unique patterns....so I don't know if every team is completely changing or if some are keeping more traditional styles ala canadians, blackhawks, rangers, etc...But every team according to the rep will be different

I don't think the fact that every team would likely still be maintaining their own striping patterns was ever in doubt. At least, not by me.

champssig2.png

Charlie Jacobs, Executive Vice President of the Boston Bruins, mentioned today that next year's uniforms will still feature the famous spoked B and will be reminiscent of a vintage design.

So all the praying I've been doing since 1995 is finally going to pay off!? (bow)

That's great news about the Bruins. I'm still not very positive about the change just yet though. If the new jerseys all have that ugly new Reebok collar on them with the NHL logo, going retro will just be a band-aid on an ugly template.

As for teams maintaining their striping patterns, I think it is obviously still in doubt. When league officials say things like "it's possible to have horizontal striping, but it will negate the performance aspects" it's quite clear that traditional stripes were not in their initial plans.

We need to keep in mind that nothing has been said about teams keeping any of their striping patterns. The only thing said was that teams wouldn't all be using the same template. Given the fact the league is introducing all new uniforms for every team at the all star game, it is highly obvious that they are changing more than just materials. They are also getting rid of third jerseys next season, which entirely makes sense when you consider the league that states teams can't introduce a new uniform set AND a third jersey in the same year.

DEATH TO REEBOK

They are also getting rid of third jerseys next season, which entirely makes sense when you consider the league that states teams can't introduce a new uniform set AND a third jersey in the same year.

Of course, because they want you to first buy the new uniform, and then the next year buy the 3rd jersey. Makes perfect sense! Sheesh.

They are also getting rid of third jerseys next season, which entirely makes sense when you consider the league states that teams can't introduce a new uniform set AND a third jersey in the same year.

Of course, because they want you to first buy the new uniform, and then the next year buy the 3rd jersey. Makes perfect sense! Sheesh.

My point being: They wouldn't phase out third jerseys unless every team is getting new uniforms.

DEATH TO REEBOK

it's been mentioned before in this very thread, I believe: the third jersey moratorium will only be for next season, they'll return in 08-09.

My point being: They wouldn't phase out third jerseys unless every team is getting new uniforms.

RC's said it a bunch of times, and I'll echo him: this is rumor. it'll remain a rumor until Reebok shows us what they're cookin. eh well, uni armageddon looms...and it might not even be an arma or a geddon.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Charlie Jacobs, Executive Vice President of the Boston Bruins, mentioned today that next year's uniforms will still feature the famous spoked B and will be reminiscent of a vintage design.

At least someone in the NHL understands tradition and isn't a total moron compared to Larry Quinn. I still hate him for the slugs that he gave us in Buffalo for our logo. Those are absolutely horrible. :cursing:

It's gonna be a weird kind of depressing when we see teams that SHOULD take this opportunity change decide to maintain their current striping.

It will be better than seeing an ultra-modern Habs, but no matter what template you put the current Capitals design on, it will still suck balls.

Something that I just realized about the new jerseys...

Everyone is pretty much against the idea of the fact that they are form-fitting, not so much on the players, but on the fans who wear them.

Well, wouldn't a jersey that is sized XXL still fit like an XXL? The material itself is going to feel a lot different for sure and the sleeves may not be as baggy, but the width of the jerseys to fit on the bodies of fans should be no different if measured the same. I find no difference between a CCM replica XXL and a Nike Swift Team Canada XXL.

champssig2.png

Everyone is pretty much against the idea of the fact that they are form-fitting, not so much on the players, but on the fans who wear them.

Well, wouldn't a jersey that is sized XXL still fit like an XXL? The material itself is going to feel a lot different for sure and the sleeves may not be as baggy, but the width of the jerseys to fit on the bodies of fans should be no different if measured the same. I find no difference between a CCM replica XXL and a Nike Swift Team Canada XXL.

You would imagine it would generally be the same, but like you said just a little less baggy.

Of course it may be a little different. I know the CCM/Koho replicas fit a size larger than the Nike Olympic jerseys (not the swifts, the old ones).

My Team USA jersey is a Medium but all my NHL jerseys are Larges.

Everyone is just really gunshy because the swifts are so horrible. If they change the material and cut of the jersey without drastically altering the design or patterns, people will be fine.

I went against all sorts of things and puchased a Team Canada swift. Since I'm only back in Victoria for a few weeks, I didn't have time to look around for an old one, plus they were on sale. Anywho, I puchased an XL and from what I can tell they fit pretty well, just the sleeves are a lot less baggy and the material is very light compared to a normal jersey. I can't believe I am going to say this, but from a player's perspective, playing in a jersey like that would be really good, and only if they can keep the tradtional patterns.

I think the major objection is not necessarily the tighter fit, but the potential for templating that Nike has done in the NCAA, and RBK has done in the CFL. If all of the jerseys retain their own unique identity, then I'll be satisfied to a certain degree. If we see the same striping pattern with different colours on every jersey, THAT's a problem.

I was cruising around the NHL site, and on the shop homepage there was a Sabres replica practice jersey.

Now, I don't know if anyone else has already mentioned this, but do ya'll think that this is what the new replicas will be like? I remember reading somewhere that replicas were supposed to be really cheap and not of good quality, and to see the NHL shop selling screened replica practice jerseys makes me uncertain about the future of the replica.

p3416415reg.jpg

Any thoughts?

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

I was cruising around the NHL site, and on the shop homepage there was a Sabres replica practice jersey.

Now, I don't know if anyone else has already mentioned this, but do ya'll think that this is what the new replicas will be like? I remember reading somewhere that replicas were supposed to be really cheap and not of good quality, and to see the NHL shop selling screened replica practice jerseys makes me uncertain about the future of the replica.

p3416415reg.jpg

Any thoughts?

Well for one, it says right on the sale page that it's a practise jersey and not a replica.

But there was an explaination given for these in another thread on here. These are just cheap "emergency replicas" for lack of better term that NHL made to sell because the demand for the actually Sabres jerseys themselves are so high (I know, I'm as shocked as anyone) that RBK/CCM is actually behind production on them.

champssig2.png

Archived