NHL to use RBK unis

FlyersHockey1967

Some comments from Brett Hull, from NHL.com of all places:

* On the new sweater designs popping up around the league, Hull said: ?I think the sweaters are completely ugly and I don?t think they should be allowed. You look at every fan and what do they love? They love the Rangers, they love the Red Wings. They love the Blackhawk. Classy, beautiful, you know, I?m no fashion expert, but I know Buffalo?s are horrible. ... the logos, they need to be cleaned up, but other than that I guess I don?t really have an opinion.?

* On the new streamlined jerseys debuting at the All Star Game: ?That?s one of the reasons I quit is because I knew they were coming in.?

I find it a little strange the NHL would print the first comment. The second is just funny - I guess Hull didn't want people to see how out of shape he really was. :D

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone heard exactly when and how next year's unis will be unveiled during the all-star break? Will it be right before the all-star game itself, or the day before, during the skills competition? Will it be through a "fashion show" like the Ducks did, or will they do something cool like have players skate out onto the ice surface wearing the new designs? Will the unveiling be televised?

Just wondering if any details like this were available yet.

He wasn't specifically referring to the form-fitting jerseys in the first comment, just newer design in general. I think he's talking about current jerseys, not future ones.

He specifically refers to the new streamlined jerseys debuting at the All Star game in the second comment. It's plain as day.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Wednesday is the day for the unveiling, according to HNIC on Hotstove. Nobody seemed too excited.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Wednesday is the day for the unveiling, according to HNIC on Hotstove. Nobody seemed too excited.

This Wednesday or the day of the all-star game?

Pierre LeBrun mentioned that it would be this coming Wednesday.

Scott Morrison claimed that the early opinion from NHL players is negative. They also mentioned that they hope it is not like the cooperall experiment or the new ball experiment in the NBA.

Juventus.png

This Wednesday or the day of the all-star game?

Pierre LeBrun mentioned that it would be this coming Wednesday.

Scott Morrison claimed that the early opinion from NHL players is negative. They also mentioned that they hope it is not like the cooperall experiment or the new ball experiment in the NBA.

Wow, only 4 days away. I hope they have it on TV in the US not just TSN in Canada.

saBS.png

HNIC was unsure about what will be unveiled on wednesday. It may be just the generic uniform template. They also mentioned the uniform being described as a "uniform system" by Reebok.

"uniform system" is just stupid semanitcs. We have a "uniform system" now, only no one is dumb enough to call it that. The correct word is "style". They're just trying to jazz it up with "new speak".

They might as well call it "iJersey" or some other stupid crap. :mad:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Found this from a post on another board, it is from an article by Larry Brooks in the NY Post :

"Propaganda Alert! Scheduled to unveil its new uniform design at a press event in New York on Wednesday, the NHL will attempt to control the message from the players through talking points distributed by a PR agency.

"To assist us in the launch, we have hired public relations agency Fleishman-Hillard to collaborate with NHL players in the role of player advocacy, so that we will build consensus, keep everyone informed and educated, and work toward a product launch that will reflect well on the league, Reebok and the players whose input was - and will remain - critical to all phases of this project," reads a memo distributed by the league to its teams last week, and obtained by Slap Shots.

"Jim Woodcock of Fleishman-Hillard will lead this player-advocacy effort on behalf of the league. It is imperative that you make connection with Jim this week to arrange a phone meeting with your player(s) who have been identified as advocates and leaders in our transition to the [Reebok] Edge Uniform System.

"With the timing of the New York news event only one week away, time is of the essence as we build toward a successful introduction of the uniform system."

We have a couple of questions. Well, more than a couple, but this will suffice:

If the new "uniform system" is welcomed by the players, why would the league need to identify three players per team as spokesmen to flog the product?

Why would the league need to instruct the players how to answer questions from people like me?

We have this question, too: When will the players stop going, "Baaaahhhh?""

Found this from a post on another board, it is from an article by Larry Brooks in the NY Post :

"Propaganda Alert! Scheduled to unveil its new uniform design at a press event in New York on Wednesday, the NHL will attempt to control the message from the players through talking points distributed by a PR agency.

"To assist us in the launch, we have hired public relations agency Fleishman-Hillard to collaborate with NHL players in the role of player advocacy, so that we will build consensus, keep everyone informed and educated, and work toward a product launch that will reflect well on the league, Reebok and the players whose input was - and will remain - critical to all phases of this project," reads a memo distributed by the league to its teams last week, and obtained by Slap Shots.

"Jim Woodcock of Fleishman-Hillard will lead this player-advocacy effort on behalf of the league. It is imperative that you make connection with Jim this week to arrange a phone meeting with your player(s) who have been identified as advocates and leaders in our transition to the [Reebok] Edge Uniform System.

"With the timing of the New York news event only one week away, time is of the essence as we build toward a successful introduction of the uniform system."

We have a couple of questions. Well, more than a couple, but this will suffice:

If the new "uniform system" is welcomed by the players, why would the league need to identify three players per team as spokesmen to flog the product?

Why would the league need to instruct the players how to answer questions from people like me?

We have this question, too: When will the players stop going, "Baaaahhhh?""

Here' the link to that article, it's on the second page of the story.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01142007/sport...arry_brooks.htm

Does anyone think these will sell good ? IMO they wont , i wouldnt after hearing the players opinion lol.

If the Slug has told us anything then Yes they will sell. Unfortunately most fans don't care about the look enough to not buy it. They want to have what's current.

Does anyone think these will sell good ? IMO they wont , i wouldnt after hearing the players opinion lol.

If the Slug has told us anything then Yes they will sell. Unfortunately most fans don't care about the look enough to not buy it. They want to have what's current.

I don't know, the Nike Swifts for the IIHF bombed.

I don't know, the Nike Swifts for the IIHF bombed.

But how much do the IIHF jerseys sell anyway? I don't see that many USA jerseys, except for the 1980 Gold Medal team or the 1996 World Cup team, and I don't see that many Canada jerseys either.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Purely anecdotal, but it appeared 2002 Team Canada jerseys sold like hotcakes around my parts, even before they won the gold medal. It was very common to see people wearing them on the street. The current Swifts are a rarity to see around here now. I have literally not seen more than a couple in person and you rarely see them on local TV broadcasts.

DEATH TO REEBOK

The swift olympic jerseys look cool on the players, but when you see them in person the cut is all weird and isn't designed to be worn by a fan, it's designed to be worn with pads underneath. up close these things are ugly and really expensive. If they changed the cut of them for fans then I would have probably bought one before the olympics.

Regardless of the designs, the one thing that will prevent me from buying a "new nhl" oilers jersey will be the cut.

gagner3.png

Great news from Andy Strickland of ESPN 1380 radio in St. Louis!!!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=4836

"RBK Enhances New NHL Look!

Hockey fans throughout the world can take a huge collective sigh of relief.

We hope anyway.

From what I've seen fans will be happy with the new look uniforms.

Keep in mind I haven't seen the sweaters for every NHL team.

The best news I received is that the new RBK jerseys the NHL plan to unveil during the All-Star festivities next week look much different than the Nike Bauer sweaters on display at the Olympics last year and during the recent World Junior Championships.

Most people agree those tight fitting sweaters are horrendous.

This basically means next season NHL players will still look like hockey players as opposed to competitors in the Tour De France.

I had a chance to get a peak at the new RBK jerseys this past week as Blues players were being fitted. Not one player had a complaint about the new design or fit. Several told me they felt no difference in terms of the feel and flexibility.

RBK is calling the new jerseys Performance Fit, not tight fit. New materials used in the RBK jersey include a product called stretch mesh and extrafill. There are also significant improvements in Moisture Management.

The Blues will wear the new jerseys in an upcoming practice in late February.

The only difference fans may notice will be with the goaltenders that do look a little snug in their new outfits.

For hockey fans out there the new RBK line of hockey apparel is pretty nice as well. Fans will enjoy the new designs.

I have written in the past about the NHL leaving alone the traditional logos. You would think the NHL is smart enough to leave alone the small amount of tradition left in the game. Changing the crest on the front of Toronto Maple Leafs or Montreal Canadians sweater would be a major error.

I?ve been told the only change with some of the traditional logos is that the crest is a little smaller than what you see today. Fans should know that whatever changes made in terms of design and logo had to be approved by each individual club. For example John Davidson approved the new St. Louis Blues jersey.

I think fans will be more than satisfied with the job RBK has done in maintaining the tradition of the NHL while enhancing the overall look.

I?ve been told the NHL will return to home teams wearing white beginning next season. NHL clubs will not have a third jersey next season either.

Please understand all these changes apply to every team except the New Jersey Devils of course. Lou Lamoriello does whatever he wants and the league never seems to mind."

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

Archived