NHL to use RBK unis

FlyersHockey1967

Hey, this was just posted on a hockey gear forum I check out. Its interesting to not some of the Sharks reactions to the new jerseys, granted from the get go you could tell the writer wasnt looking to give them a word of priase. Interesting Mark Smith brought up the whole Modano reference too.

Sharks Try New Jerseys

A few more quotes here, including this gem from Mark Smith:

At the end of the day, players were asked to leave their jerseys hanging in the stalls.

?I?ll hang it right in the garbage,? Smith said.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, this was just posted on a hockey gear forum I check out. Its interesting to not some of the Sharks reactions to the new jerseys, granted from the get go you could tell the writer wasnt looking to give them a word of priase. Interesting Mark Smith brought up the whole Modano reference too.

Sharks Try New Jerseys

A few more quotes here, including this gem from Mark Smith:

At the end of the day, players were asked to leave their jerseys hanging in the stalls.

?I?ll hang it right in the garbage,? Smith said.

I dont watch many sharks games and couldnt tell you who Mark Smith was or what he plays, but dammit, I love the guy. He has his act together on this whole uniform thing!

SEAsig.png

Am I the only one here who thinks these "form-fitting" joints are headed straight for the same dark corners of hockey museums as the Flyers long pants?

you're far from alone, my friend. heh, the distance from alone's so great you need four maps just to find the country :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Am I the only one here who thinks these "form-fitting" joints are headed straight for the same dark corners of hockey museums as the Flyers long pants?

It's a much darker corner, friend a much darker corner.

Very illuminating article there from San Jose. Seems the league may be a little nervous about public reaction and not all the players are "thrilled" with the new uni's like Bettman announced. Gotta love the spin they put on this.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Hey, speaking of injured goalies, what would happen if both goaltenders were injured in a game and neither was available? Has that ever happened?

Something like it happened two seasons ago in a game between Atlanta and Edmonton. One of Atlanta's goalies was thrown out for fighting and the other one got injured. They played the last five minutes with an empty net and six skaters. I think Edmonton only managed to get one free goal from it through.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Actually, it was just under two minutes that the Thrashers played without a goalie.

But seeing a Thrasher involved in a goalie-on-goalie fight was great!

Why was the goalie thrown out for fighting? Was he the third man in?

Goalies have to leave the ice whenever they participate in a fight, otherwise they'd always pick fights with the opponent's top scorers. I'm not sure if they have to sit out 7-17 minutes (Goalie leaving crease, fighting, plus misconduct) before they can re-enter the game, or if they're automatically ejected.

i'm now a fan of mark smith.

he knows what he's talking about.

and for those who don't understand everyone's boner for modano's flapping superman-cape of a jersey, check this link out. it's poetry on ice :P it'll be a shame if modano has to wear form fitting sweaters.

http://comcast.dallasstars.com/multimedia/...3&f2=Modano

I fail to comprehend how it was decided that the current jerseys are a problem. It is a distinguishing feature of the sport and the fans love them. Why don't they try to convince MLB to take on these form fitting outfits. You sweat a lot more in the heat of summer than skating on ice.

The whole idea is nonsense and nothing more than a ploy to try to sell jerseys to fans.

I fail to comprehend how it was decided that the current jerseys are a problem. It is a distinguishing feature of the sport and the fans love them. Why don't they try to convince MLB to take on these form fitting outfits. You sweat a lot more in the heat of summer than skating on ice.

The whole idea is nonsense and nothing more than a ploy to try to sell jerseys to fans.

unfortunately that probably is the case. i figure Gary Bettman meeting with the corporate exects when as so:

Bettman: how can we make the game better this year?

Corporate Exec: how bout we change the jerseys.

CE #2: I agree. Fans love jerseys and they would love the new form fitting technology.

Bettman: Brilliant lets get RBK on the phone and have them redesign the new uniforms. They're schmucks anyway, they'll buy anything we throw at them.

end with evil laughter.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• 2 weeks later...

Half the material, and double the price - genius! I'll take 8!

Eh, at least the number font is nice. Modified Phoenix Coyotes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

$424.99! :shocked::shocked:

If these prices hold for the team jerseys then they will be selling almost no authetics.

A sport that pissed off its fan base by cancelling a season just two years ago wants fans to pay over $400 for a jersey or pay ??? for what we are hearing will be a really bad replica? No PR people at the NHL?

And as the above article (Sharks) said, the jersey is a marketing tool. People buy the nice replicas even if they can't name a player on the team. And these things are walking NHL billboards.

The problem is that most people are OK with bad replicas (just like most Yankee jerseys you see have names on the back). Most people don't have the attention to jersey detail that we have. So these things could sell. If the average overweight fan feels comfortable, which remains to be seen.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

$475 CDN!!! ($491 including shipping, but before taxes).

I like the jerseys, but the price is unbelievably ridiculous.

I can't see a problem translating most other NHL team stripes onto this template. But, MY GOD, the prices!!!

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived