NHL to use RBK unis

FlyersHockey1967

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this deserves it's own thread, but I'll post it here: On the NHL shop, these are the only Sabres jerseys available: http://shop.canada.nhl.com/family/index.js...&cp=1920290

They have screen-printed logos and names numbers. They're listed as "replica practice jerseys", but I can't find any on any other team's jerseys pages, they have the regular practice jerseys.

Could these be the "replicas" for next year?

Not sure if this deserves it's own thread, but I'll post it here: On the NHL shop, these are the only Sabres jerseys available: http://shop.canada.nhl.com/family/index.js...&cp=1920290

They have screen-printed logos and names numbers. They're listed as "replica practice jerseys", but I can't find any on any other team's jerseys pages, they have the regular practice jerseys.

haha no, the nhl just threw those together because of the lack of all sabres jerseys on earth.

i was talking to the guy at dicks (sporting goods store in buffalo) and he said those "practice jerseys" will only be around until the nhl can catch up to the demand of sabres jerseys.

sabres1-med.gifbills2-med.gifyankees3-med.gifohiost-med.gifusa-med.gif

haha no, the nhl just threw those together because of the lack of all sabres jerseys on earth.

i was talking to the guy at dicks (sporting goods store in buffalo) and he said those "practice jerseys" will only be around until the nhl can catch up to the demand of sabres jerseys.

Oh, lol. I didn't think so either, just wasn't sure why only the Sabres had 'em.

I cant get anything either.

are you named after former caps goalie jim hrivnak?

He IS the former Caps goalie Jim Hrivnak. And now he is going to have a hard-on that someone remembers him.

A former goalie AND a Homestar fan. Cool!

I have a feeling that those jersey sales are only placeholders that were not supposed to be available yet, which would explain the lack of any description. If that is the case, I imagine the price of $425 is also only a placeholder price and that something made of a more flimsy (though apparently more aerodynamic and water-resistant) material.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

If this is the actual price of them. I can see the NHL not selling many of these and will lower prices on authentics. This might just be a testing price for them to see if people will pay it but I really don't think many people will. I hope no one does or people boycott them and force the NHL to lower the price of them.

If this is the actual price of them. I can see the NHL not selling many of these and will lower prices on authentics. This might just be a testing price for them to see if people will pay it but I really don't think many people will. I hope no one does or people boycott them and force the NHL to lower the price of them.

THank you, captain Obvious.

Are you named after the real Steve-O, or that assclown O-Evets?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

... I love my Leafs and all, but hell that would be a large price to pay for something I can only wear. I'd rather spend that money on one of the next gen counsels... On another note I kind of like the western confrence jersey because of how vibrant the colour is.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I cant get anything either.

are you named after former caps goalie jim hrivnak?

He IS the former Caps goalie Jim Hrivnak. And now he is going to have a hard-on that someone remembers him.

I told you not to say anything! I'm trying to keep a low profile here...

Incidentally, I can't believe that we are only 2.5 weeks away from the launch, and there hasn't been a single leak of any logos yet.

There's a few reasons why I think there are no leaks:

1. The 2007-2008 NHL Style Guide, which would be the primary source for all that information, likely hasn't been released yet.

2. It is possible that the new "form-fitting" RBK jersey IS able to faithfully reproduce all NHL team stripings, and because of this ability, any jerseys shown in a style guide look no different than they did before and anybody who has seen them has no reason to report it or leak it. (Though it has been reported that the Leafs and Stars are making changes.)

3. As of this moment, there may have only been exactly one of every team's new form-fitting jersey made, and all of those jerseys are probably locked up at the NHL's head office right now until the All-Star Game. Two reasons for that:

1.) If there is a large public backlash, and in the ever-so-slight event that the NHL actually does decide to listen to the fans and abandons the entire form-fitting jersey scenario, they will not have wasted any more money than they've used so far to create just those single jerseys.

2.) If the public approves, and the form-fitting jerseys are a go, then I they can officially begin the mass-production after the All-Star Game and then go put them on sale in June around the time of their full-time introduction at the NHL Entry Draft, assuming they'll be using them there.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

When have they not sold all star jerseys before the all star game? The NHL can't be giving up that money this year. The form fitting jerseys in East & West trim will have to go on sale in the next few weeks. I think the NHL will get a pretty good idea what the fan response to the new template will be at that time. Although Nike apparently didn't learn a damn thing from the horrid sales of the US & Canada Olympic swift jerseys.

Archived