NHL to use RBK unis

FlyersHockey1967

I'm still holding out hope that:

1. They unveil them at the All-Star Game.

2. The mainstream sports press laughs their asses off.

3. Hardcore hockey fans in strong traditionalist markets (say, Toronto, Montreal, and Detroit for starters) react practically to the point of violent revolt.

4. NHL GMs once again tell Bettman and Reebok where they can stick these jerseys.

5. Bettman resigns and is replaced by, oh hell I don't know, Mario Lemieux.

Agreed... :hockeysmiley:

Especially #5-

Especially if they look like the all star unis on nhluniforms--check the all star ones under the 2006-07 season

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice. Thanks for the info man.

And yes, it could be worse. We could have Dan Cloutier as our goalie.

clootsej7.jpg

Too bad that giant puck isn't an official NHL game puck and not just a novelty puck. Joke could have worked...

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

If you looked at the CCM patch on the back of the Wild players, you'd realize that the picture was from the 03-04 season.

Really, I'd expect a hockey template maker to know better. :D

I don't have to look at the uniforms to know that that puck was never an official NHL game puck.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Unfortunatley some writers for other teams and thrown us in with the likes of Florida and who not lately.

I hope you're not saying Florida is a bad market. They have better attendance than St. Louis yet have many similar problems. Both teams suck, both teams' fanbases resent the ownership, both markets are celebrating championships in other sports, and neither have a bright immediate future.

So you're not exactly in the place to be criticizing another market whos doing better than your's.

Hey, speaking of injured goalies, what would happen if both goaltenders were injured in a game and neither was available? Has that ever happened?

Hey, speaking of injured goalies, what would happen if both goaltenders were injured in a game and neither was available? Has that ever happened?

Something like it happened two seasons ago in a game between Atlanta and Edmonton. One of Atlanta's goalies was thrown out for fighting and the other one got injured. They played the last five minutes with an empty net and six skaters. I think Edmonton only managed to get one free goal from it through.

champssig2.png

Well, this has been known to happen on occasion.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Rule 15 e and f from the NHL rulebook:

Except when both goalkeepers are incapacitated, no player in the playing roster in that game shall be permitted to wear the equipment of the goalkeeper.

In regular League and Playoff games, if both listed goalkeepers are incapacitated, that Team shall be entitled to dress and play any available goalkeeper who is eligible. This goalkeeper is eligible to sit on the player's bench, in uniform. No delay shall be permitted in taking his position in the goal, and he shall be permitted a two-minute warm-up. However, the warm-up is not permitted in the event a goalkeeper is substituted for a penalty shot.

(NOTE) In the event that the two regular goalkeepers are injured in quick succession, the third goalkeeper shall be provided with a reasonable amount of time to get dressed, in addition to a two-minute warm-up.

I've seen a team dress a defenceman and put them in goal when their 2 goalies were out of the same game, for some reason.

Rule 15 e and f from the NHL rulebook:

Except when both goalkeepers are incapacitated, no player in the playing roster in that game shall be permitted to wear the equipment of the goalkeeper.

In regular League and Playoff games, if both listed goalkeepers are incapacitated, that Team shall be entitled to dress and play any available goalkeeper who is eligible. This goalkeeper is eligible to sit on the player's bench, in uniform. No delay shall be permitted in taking his position in the goal, and he shall be permitted a two-minute warm-up. However, the warm-up is not permitted in the event a goalkeeper is substituted for a penalty shot.

(NOTE) In the event that the two regular goalkeepers are injured in quick succession, the third goalkeeper shall be provided with a reasonable amount of time to get dressed, in addition to a two-minute warm-up.

I've seen a team dress a defenceman and put them in goal when their 2 goalies were out of the same game, for some reason.

Case in point last season Predators vs Panthers,both Vokun was out and Mason was injured during warm-ups.That's all a remember there.

Nobody is going to buy a replica hockey jersey with screened on stuff. Not happening.

Back in the day, it was quite common to see replica jerseys with screened crests. Spend a few more bucks and get a stitched crest. Spend a few more and get an authentic. From the sounds of things, these replicas will essentially be "EQT" or "Swingman" NHL jerseys, which is really no big deal. Honestly, replica NHL jersey buyers have been getting a pretty good deal over the years, so this isn't really something to complain about. I don't want to sound like I'm not on the consumer's side, but with a few exceptions, the replicas and authentics were so close in appearance, it didn't make sense for most people to buy an authentic.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Unfortunatley some writers for other teams and thrown us in with the likes of Florida and who not lately.

I hope you're not saying Florida is a bad market. They have better attendance than St. Louis yet have many similar problems. Both teams suck, both teams' fanbases resent the ownership, both markets are celebrating championships in other sports, and neither have a bright immediate future.

So you're not exactly in the place to be criticizing another market whos doing better than your's.

No, no.

I believe all the markets can be great markets. The NHL expanded there for a reason. Most new markets, specifically in nontraditional markets, need a nice winning run to get going, and then the test is to see if they last, but I think all the current markets are capable of lasting. Florida is no exception.

My point about St. Louis being lumped in with Florida is more that St. Louis has been a traditionally great market. Then, pretty much every crap thing you can think of happens to the franchise all within the span of one season (or nonseason really), and there's a couple of down years in attendance. And then people start throwing the market around in the same way they throw around Florida.

And I guess I should make that point. It's not that I have a problem with Florida being used in the same sentence as St. Louis as a hockey market, it's that I know the way I've read it implies Florida sucks as a market, so hearing St. Louis with it makes me mad.

The truth is in both cases, the writer isn't being fair to either market.

Oh, and just to clarify, we mostly love the owner we have know. He just has a lot of work to overturn the wreck the old owner left us in. We're iffy on or minor leaguers. We like 'em, but I'm not sure if it's time to be really optimistic about them yet.

I believe all the markets can be great markets. The NHL expanded there for a reason.

Not every choice the NHL makes is a sound one.

I can't claim to know that much about the NHL, so I'll stay out of that one. But we have seen conclusively that other leagues have expanded into markets that that couldn't sustain. Why should the NHL be any different?

Nobody is going to buy a replica hockey jersey with screened on stuff. Not happening.

Back in the day, it was quite common to see replica jerseys with screened crests. Spend a few more bucks and get a stitched crest. Spend a few more and get an authentic. From the sounds of things, these replicas will essentially be "EQT" or "Swingman" NHL jerseys, which is really no big deal. Honestly, replica NHL jersey buyers have been getting a pretty good deal over the years, so this isn't really something to complain about. I don't want to sound like I'm not on the consumer's side, but with a few exceptions, the replicas and authentics were so close in appearance, it didn't make sense for most people to buy an authentic.

The local Wal-Mart and Canadian Tire stores around here already sell replicas of all Canadian NHL team jerseys that have those screened-on vinyl logos on the front and no shoulder logos whatsoever. They actually only cost about $40 CDN. I've also seen Avalanche and Red Wings jerseys with vinyl logos on them as well. The jerseys in these cases though are made of a thin ultrafil instead of the polyester air-mesh that most NHL jerseys are made from anyways.

I imagine what will happen is these jerseys will just be much more mass produced and sold nationwide.

I agree that essentially what we'll see is exactly the same as the NBA and NFL jerseys in that we'll have the plain replicas with the vinyl logos and stripes and the "EQT" jerseys with a single layered twill logo sewn on the front.

champssig2.png

I believe all the markets can be great markets. The NHL expanded there for a reason.

Not every choice the NHL makes is a sound one.

I can't claim to know that much about the NHL, so I'll stay out of that one. But we have seen conclusively that other leagues have expanded into markets that that couldn't sustain. Why should the NHL be any different?

I'm not saying they're right on everything (they're most definitely not), but I think the expansion in these cases was perfectly sound. Certain factors can kill a market, but I think once a market is given a winner for a few years, then it is fair to start to judge the market.

Something like it happened two seasons ago in a game between Atlanta and Edmonton. One of Atlanta's goalies was thrown out for fighting and the other one got injured. They played the last five minutes with an empty net and six skaters. I think Edmonton only managed to get one free goal from it through.

Actually, it was just under two minutes that the Thrashers played without a goalie.

But seeing a Thrasher involved in a goalie-on-goalie fight was great!

Did you notice that your USA Rugby logo looks a whole lot like the Atlanta Thrashers logo? :blink:

Actually, it was just under two minutes that the Thrashers played without a goalie.

I remember when Robert Esche fought a Sens goalie two seasons ago. Not sure if it was Lalime, but he won that fight. :D

Maybe he needs to drop the gloves more?

Why was the goalie thrown out for fighting? Was he the third man in?

Speaking of goalies, I was watching tonight's Bruins-Canadiens game, and when Montreal was trying to pull Aebescher for a sixth man, the sixth player jumped off before Aebescher was at the bench, and you know what that goalie did? He plays the puck! Montreal gets a too many men penalty and they lose a good chance with half a minute to go.

Archived