Reds unveil new unis

simpsontide

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The red on red cap is a bit much and I'm not in love with the seemingly small number font, but otherwise, I think they're a definite upgrade. They'll certainly be a fine representation of the team until it's inevitable uniform update in 2012. (Seriously, does any team in any league change its uniforms more often than the Reds?)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Here's what's on the MLB.com Store:

pMLB2-3390904dt.jpg

pMLB2-3390949dt.jpg

pMLB2-3390944dt.jpg

pMLB2-3133854dt.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

You can't trip over yourself to use retro lettering and then slap a drop-shadow on it. You're doing the splits, so to speak, as somebody said about the Dodgers.

The red on red cap is a bit much and I'm not in love with the seemingly small number font, but otherwise, I think they're a definite upgrade. They'll certainly be a fine representation of the team until it's inevitable uniform update in 2012. (Seriously, does any team in any league change its uniforms more often than the Reds?)

they've had the same home and road uniforms since 1999. with the exception of them sometimes wearing black under the home sleeveless jerseys they've pretty much gone unchanged since. i won't miss the sleeveless look. they're been with that look at home since 1993. now the sunday alternates have been changed twice since 2004, not counting this latest change.

they've had the same home and road uniforms since 1999. with the exception of them sometimes wearing black under the home sleeveless jerseys they've pretty much gone unchanged since. i won't miss the sleeveless look. they're been with that look at home since 1993. now the sunday alternates have been changed twice since 2004, not counting this latest change.

"Previewing Group," huh?

The Reds also went a uniform overhaul in 1995 or so. I guess this makes them as bad as the Astros, but it seems to me like a bit much. The Yankees shuffled around a bit initially, but have basically the same for the past 60 years or so. The Reds, the oldest professional team in baseball, is reshuffling its look every 15 years or so on average. While hardly criminal, three overhauls from 1995 to 2006 seems to me like a lot.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Here is a little sneak peak.

375x177_uni_sweeps.jpg

If you look closely enough, the uniform on the left is the new BP jersey - red with black underarms. The cap must be the new BP hat.

It's a definite upgrade, but I still hate the black. It just doesn't look quite right.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

"Previewing Group," huh?

The Reds also went a uniform overhaul in 1995 or so. I guess this makes them as bad as the Astros, but it seems to me like a bit much. The Yankees shuffled around a bit initially, but have basically the same for the past 60 years or so. The Reds, the oldest professional team in baseball, is reshuffling its look every 15 years or so on average. While hardly criminal, three overhauls from 1995 to 2006 seems to me like a lot.

Each ownership group has tried to put a stamp on the organization, The early-mid 90's sleeveless were horrible and the 99 switch was black happy.

Besides the piping on the home whites I like them, they looked okay on the players during the "fashion show" so maybe it won't be that bad.

"Previewing Group," huh?

what change in 1995? they went with the sleeveless white home uniforms in 1993 with the white caps and pinstriped road greys. kept those until 1998. in 99 they added black and did away with the pinstripped road uniforms. what other change was there?

Archived