Reds unveil new unis

simpsontide

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the ignore feature :D

one thing they could have done was make the piping on the home uniform sleeves match the red-white-red piping on the road sleeves. but thats one small quipp in an otherwise good update.....except for handlebar boy, HE HAS GOT TO GO.

All very good, 'cept the black bill. The black is minimal otherwise, and that bill sort of kills the road look. Looks totally out of place, and also says, "Hey, that's the old home cap that most people didn't like!" The all red cap looks great. I really don't mind the black drop shadow as much as I thought I might. I also like Mr. Red coming back in this incarnation. Hopefully their mascot will change to fit this look. Their current mascot looked cheap and dull.

Just because you CAN have your own custom number font designed

DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO!

And the special fonts that every team is getting for NOB with every uni redesign have to go!

As bland and boring as the new Dodgers unis are, at least they stayed wtih pro-style numbers and block letters for the NOB...enough, already!

I give them a D.

:sleeping:

I'm okay with the old Mr Red, but I agree that the road caps kinda mess up that set. Maybe they'll eventually abandon that cap altogether.

Is it just me, or is the name and number on the back of the home jersey MUCH larger than on the road jersey? And the black really seems to be overdone on the back of the home jersey. It makes the name very difficult to read.

I'm mostly pleased, but they stop short of perfection.

The only question I have in why in God's name do players wear the absolute largest uniforms they can for these fashion shows?

I mean this is how Denorfia dressed for gameday:

denorfiaca5.png

And then for the fashion show he looks like he has a XXL top and extra baggy pants.

Those pictures have settled it. I'm getting a gray road for christmas.

These uniforms make me happy for a few reasons. #1 Sleeves, glorious sleeves. The reds have been wearing vests since 93. 14 years in vests is 14 years too many for this reds fan. #2 no more pinstripes. Red pinstripes never look good, plain white is a good clean look that has always worked well for the reds (75,76,90) #3 That font. It's just so old timey and cool. Gives a nod to Cincinnati's baseball past. I'm not a fan of it being used as the font for the players names, but as the road city font and number font it is great. #4 All red hat. This allows me to keep the same hat I've been wearing for the past 4 years and not have to get a new one.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Number font: Very nice.

Piping: Quite nice, but why not on the road as well?

Handlebar guy: Lame.

Drop shadows on everything: Why? Dear god, why?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

As going to Riverfront Stadium for my first MLB and NFL games in the mid- to late 1970's, I do claim the Reds as my favorite MBL team (even though my dad is a retiree from Anheuser-Busch). Outside of the pullover jersey, why not mimick the uniform of the "The Red Machine" and just add buttons? While to created to honor the ancient past, the font makes me think, "the Jaguars of baseball" or a one of the Japanese League teams. Will the Carp now change? Just use what gave you success or what those who are still alive remember.

As much as the older Americans try to make MLB the most nostalgic of the major sports, why are modernizations such as number fonts seen as required? Plus, "Mr. Redlegs" is no longer the official mascot but still is there and can be rented for apprarences, right? If you want to be modern, place Gapper on the sleeve? Notice the traditional Mr. Redlegs as a moustache, but you cannot have one as an actual member of the team.

Archived