Good unis ruined by bad play?

Bucks6thMan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

AMEN AMEN AMEN. BUCCO BRUCE RULES!

Bucco Bruce was a fag. He was a smiling, winking man with a feather in his hat. The actual uni's were good, but Bucco Bruce HAD to go...

The new, flag logo is the best in football(and maybe sports), imo.

SigReflect.png

I wouldn't expect anyone to remember Sam Mitchell, #30

I'm either old or remember way too much about football but I remember Sam Mitchell very well.

I have to agree with the aforementioned old Brewers unis. That set was perfect. A classic example of changing something that had no reason to be changed. Happens all the time.

BB52Big.jpg

What are some unis you feel were prematurely changed because they became associated with losing?

I ask because I was looking over some Brewers paraphanillia I've collected over the years and realized how much I liked the mid 90's unis (though I didn't care for the "Motre Bame" logo): http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits...mp;Entryid=1777

Another one that comes to mind is the Bengals... if only they'd have stuck with them for one more year.

I agree 100% with you on the Brewers. The MB logo stunk. But once they dumped that cap for the "M" cap, their uniforms became outstanding classic baseball uniforms. Right Here

Yea, those were definetly the best hats the Brewers ever wore. I think after looking at the ones you posted, I prefer the script from those to the previous ones as well (if you look at the '97 unis next to the '94's you can see that they're slightly different). Either way, they beat the mess outta what they have now :cursing: .

brew.png

That they are getting new uniforms for next year. It was a topic a few weeks ago. I think that those jerseys have a simple elegance, and it would be a shame to see the Saints look like the Falcons or the bills, two teams that didn't need to change but did, and did it wrong. I don't know if this is true, but it seems to match up. Damn shame.

Speaking of Milwaukee Brewers jerseys, I am quite the fan of these jerseys:

al_1997_milwaukee.gifbrewers1.jpg

I wish I could find that font.

Those are actually the jerseys we've been talking about :D

I'm pretty sure the font is a custom job, but if you ever do find it, let me know.

brew.png

Braden brought it up in one of his pictures, but I bet everybody would be lauding the Hawks more for their great unis, if it weren't for the fact that they have consistently been horrible. This year, they're actually watchable and make Top 10 on SportsCenter almost everytime they play, but they're still kinda bad. Still, they have some of the best unis in the NBA.

Another are these babies:

682103771_l.jpg

682107737_l.jpg

v030266A.jpg

jrichardson01.jpg

BD-Driving.jpg

I love these unis. Too bad their play doesn't match their quality of uniforms.

That they are getting new uniforms for next year. It was a topic a few weeks ago. I think that those jerseys have a simple elegance, and it would be a shame to see the Saints look like the Falcons or the bills, two teams that didn't need to change but did, and did it wrong. I don't know if this is true, but it seems to match up. Damn shame.

My hope is that they go back to the original Gold & Black, perhaps the throwback with a slight modern touch.

Archived