Golden State Warriors?

Mr. Krabs

Is their primary logo the muscled warrior in front of the basketball, or the lightning-bolted "W"? The former is rarely seen nowadays, while the latter is seen everywhere (front court, their website, uniforms, local TV graphics, merchandise :therock: ) It confuses me. What's the top logo for them?

BTW, I'm not from there, I've seen their local graphics over the NBA League Pass package.

it's still superhero boy. the W-lightning hasn't made it to their uniforms yet, unless they changed from the superhero head on the back of the shorts (heh, the ol' tree falling and nobody saw it happen). why they thought putting a logo on the back of the shorts, I do not know, as even I'd tell ya it makes little sense.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I think the Warriors are one of the most non descript teams in all of sports. They just don't have an identity that makes them memorable or even remotely interesting. I would bet that if you asked a hundred people to name as many teams in the NBA as they could, the Warriors would be left out more often then not.

Someone has got to get a good PR firm in there and get this franchise on the map.

Oakland Warriors....San Francisco Warriors....San Jose Warriors.....California Warriors....

anything BUT Golden State please!

I think the Warriors are one of the most non descript teams in all of sports. They just don't have an identity that makes them memorable or even remotely interesting. I would bet that if you asked a hundred people to name as many teams in the NBA as they could, the Warriors would be left out more often then not.

Someone has got to get a good PR firm in there and get this franchise on the map.

Oakland Warriors....San Francisco Warriors....San Jose Warriors.....California Warriors....

See, that's where I disagree. I think the Golden State moniker is the only thing cool about that franchise, aside from the awesome "The City" yellow throwback unis.

Calling them the Oakland Warriors? :blink: People want to FORGET they're in Oakland, not publicize the fact...

See, that's where I disagree. I think the Golden State moniker is the only thing cool about that franchise, aside from the awesome "The City" yellow throwback unis.

Calling them the Oakland Warriors? :blink: People want to FORGET they're in Oakland, not publicize the fact...

Seeing as the majority of American youths can't even find their own country on a map, I doubt they would know where Golden State is sadly.

Seeing as the majority of American youths can't even find their own country on a map, I doubt they would know where Golden State is sadly.

Unfortunate, but true... Here's a funny story - years and years ago, I was a Phoenix Suns ballboy. One night, we were hosting Golden State, and the girl that was under the basket rebounding with me turned to me and said, "Golden State.... They're from Oregon, right?" To top it off, this was the mid-80's when the Warriors had the map of California smack dab on the front of their unis.

funny thing is, the modern warriors merchandise seems to be preferred by the team's fans in the east bay.

the fans in San Francisco and the peninsula however, just love the "the City" logo. they make hats with the The City logo in just about every color combo, even a black and orange one, and they are all over the place in SF and its south suburbs of Colma, Daly City, South SF, San Bruno, Brisbane, Pacifica, and such.

Unfortunate, but true... Here's a funny story - years and years ago, I was a Phoenix Suns ballboy. One night, we were hosting Golden State, and the girl that was under the basket rebounding with me turned to me and said, "Golden State.... They're from Oregon, right?" To top it off, this was the mid-80's when the Warriors had the map of California smack dab on the front of their unis.

I got another story for ya. Back in my freshman year of high school (2003) I was in English 103. How did I get there, who the hell knows because I certainly didn't belong in there with those morons. The topic of basketball somehow came up, and some kid says to me "Hey Raps, where are the Warriors from." I just smoothly replied "The Warriors are from Oakland, which is in California, which is called the Golden State." The kid then says this, "Oakland is in California?!" At that point, I was just thinking in my head, "WTF I gotta get out of this class." Needless to say, that kid is an idiot, still wallowing around in classes for stupid people in all likelihood. I got straight A's that year in English 103 and (THANK GOD) moved up to higher English classes. I know I'm only 18, but the youth is getting dumber and dumber by the day. Oh and I'm pretty sure the superhero is the primary logo for the Warriors. I haven't heard of them switching logos or anything.

-E.A.R.

please tell me you're kidding. *smacks head*

I got another story for ya. Back in my freshman year of high school (2003) I was in English 103. How did I get there, who the hell knows because I certainly didn't belong in there with those morons. The topic of basketball somehow came up, and some kid says to me "Hey Raps, where are the Warriors from." I just smoothly replied "The Warriors are from Oakland, which is in California, which is called the Golden State." The kid then says this, "Oakland is in California?!" At that point, I was just thinking in my head, "WTF I gotta get out of this class." Needless to say, that kid is an idiot, still wallowing around in classes for stupid people in all likelihood. I got straight A's that year in English 103 and (THANK GOD) moved up to higher English classes. I know I'm only 18, but the youth is getting dumber and dumber by the day. Oh and I'm pretty sure the superhero is the primary logo for the Warriors. I haven't heard of them switching logos or anything.

-E.A.R.

heh, i wanna thank my mom for teaching me how to read, and for introducing me to maps when I was little, so I grew up knowing Oakland's in California, or The Colony is in Texas, for example. simple :censored:, like knowing capitals and knowing what each state looks like. heh, how much yall wanna bet most folks who use some sort of GPS in their cars aint ever cracked a map open in their lives? :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I like their current look best

Me too. I saw Foxsports.com top 10 ugliest uniforms, they're right, those "The City" jerseys don't look intimidating, they look like they will roll over

Oh, speaking of which, I, only 18, know quite a bit about geography. I've won two awards in geography

What's up Tank

I wish they would go back to this one:

GS_5515.gif

Yep, that one is the best; from the Al Attles days to the World B. Free days. I also liked the alternate all white home uni they wore when World B. played there....

The new look is too busy (sorry, the graphic artist in me rears its ugly head again!)....

Archived