Worst Championship trophy ever!

roxfan00

Not even close. The trophy (or plaque) that the NCAA hands out for their official championships is much worse. At least, this had crystal and that globe was "removable".

22765820.jpg

Next worst would be the old Winston Cup Trophy, before it became Nextel Cup. It looked like it was designed and made at your local trophy shop.

300px-Gordon_winston_cup.jpg

trophy.jpg

tis an extremely ugly trophy, it actually looks like a building, it's could be an observatory, and the globe would open to reveil the telescope.

The simpleness of the NCAA trophies is what makes them great. Everyone has the same design and when you go into you school and see them all next to each other it makes them look even better.

Nothing will ever be worse than the second world cup of hockey trophy.

frank_gehry_worldcup2004_trophy.jpg

It looks like a piece of metal surrounded by an air cast.

Dear God!!! Someone is going to have to work awfully hard to beat that.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Nothing will ever be worse than the second world cup of hockey trophy.

frank_gehry_worldcup2004_trophy.jpg

It looks like a piece of metal surrounded by an air cast.

cup_3208.jpg

Actually, compared to the other trophies mentioned in this thread, I dare say the World Cup of Hockey Trophy has more of a suitable celebratory trophy feel to it. The things that make it ugly are the lack of obvious imaginative designs to the silver trophy itself and those ambiguous glass tubes surrounding it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Most trophies outside of the FA Cup look like crap.

fa-cup.jpg

MLB, NFL, NBA. They're all horrible.

I really don't like the NCAA Plaques. Just think how much history and traditon a nice piece of vintage silverware would have by now if they would have started out with one in football, basketball or hockey.

Even the pro leagues would now have several decades under their belt if they had done it right. Don't even get me started on what the importance of a proper trophy for the World Series winner would carry had they instituted one sometime back in 1903-1910. It would be like the Stanley Cup times 10 in the US.

Now THIS is a trophy. The Vanderbilt Cup.

20061022P_0094.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

What does everyone think of the Fiesta Bowl Trophy?

AZCK10212311756.jpg

AZCAK10312311756.jpg

trophy.jpg

The trophy went from that to this?...

pl_427847.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Next worst would be the old Winston Cup Trophy, before it became Nextel Cup. It looked like it was designed and made at your local trophy shop.

300px-Gordon_winston_cup.jpg

As opposed to the "Nextel Cup"..that isn't even a cup?

C_Nascar1.jpg

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

That trophy that the Aussies just took from the Brits. It is the size of a peanut. (I think someone said there is a full size one somewhere)

My favorite has to be the Stanley Cup. It has a cup at the top, and is storied in tradition with all the winners names on it.

saBS.png

Honestly, I'd have to give the award to the FIFA World Cup Trophy. It's not the ugliest by any means, but the fact that the world's biggest sporting event, where much of the world essentially shuts down every four years, has such a dinky piece of hardware as its payoff is quite hilarious.

That trophy that the Aussies just took from the Brits. It is the size of a peanut. (I think someone said there is a full size one somewhere)

My favorite has to be the Stanley Cup. It has a cup at the top, and is storied in tradition with all the winners names on it.

You mean The Ashes?

AZCAK10312311756.jpg

This picture gives me the oppurtunity to point out how much it bugs me when there is a setup of helmets like that and the helmets don't match. Either the facemasks are different or the helmets themselves are different as they are in this case. It bugs the crap out of me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

What does everyone think of the Fiesta Bowl Trophy?

AZCAK10312311756.jpg

Gee, that picture is soooooo wrong on so many levels.... I mean couldn't you have found a pic of the trophy with the REAL winners of the Fiesta Bowl? :D

You mean The Ashes?

There is a glass replica of the trophy

capt.xrg12901050358.australia_england_xrg129.jpg

Here's a "life-sized" replica of the trophy. The original one is stored in England

061122_jabs_bigphoto.jpg

As for ugliness... I'll nominate the National Rugby League Trophy.

12s_nrltrophy.jpg

and France Ligue 1.

coupet-ol.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

If Sir Richard Branson has his way, he'll pay to have the little Urn stay in Australia (becuase England will never win it again) or for the next 3.5years till the next series. The original is currently in Melbourne, it has been around since 1888 or something like that.

As for worst trophy. Any trophy the ICC gices out. They are always almost identical from World Cup to Super Series to player awards, theyre almost the same.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived