The Great NFL Fun Book II (1981)

Krona

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still have portions of that book... the uniform portions... or I might have it in whole all over the place in my room! I ordered it in like 3rd grade when we got to go in the Library and choose books to read. I love that book and would like to get a copy of it again. Then again I'm curious what version 1 looked like. Does anyone have that?

I picked up version 1 at a school used book sale when I was 10 or 11. I ended up designing many helmets by tracing the outline onto a new peice of paper. I don't have a scanner, and I think the book's at my mom's house, but the cover isn't as cool as version 2. It's orange and blue, I think.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

The quality control on this book really seems to be lacking. It says the Colts play in Baltimore. Come on!!

...and the St.Louis Cardinals?? HELLO, THAT'S BASEBALL!! :P

Settle down, fellows. This so-called "book" is clearly a fabrication fraught with inaccuracy. Case in point - no illustrations for the Jacksonville Jaguars, Carolina Panthers or Tennessee Titans.

The quality control on this book really seems to be lacking. It says the Colts play in Baltimore. Come on!!

...and the St.Louis Cardinals?? HELLO, THAT'S BASEBALL!! :P

Settle down, fellows. This so-called "book" is clearly a fabrication fraught with inaccuracy. Case in point - no illustrations for the Jacksonville Jaguars, Carolina Panthers or Tennessee Titans.

I just figured he hadn't revealed that page yet. But if that's true... man, what a waste of a good read.

:ninja:

Man, what a piss-poor depiction of football uniforms. Why the heck do all of the jerseys have sleeves? I mean, come on, right down to the elbow! :D

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Notice the expression on the Seahawk helmet logo. That is the original concept design in pre-1976. It is NOT the expression the logo that was used on the helmets during 1976-2001. It is, however, very similiar to the new design logo that began in 2002......................

I found an old book that I used to have out at the local St. Vinnies. Inside was the training ground for my uniform obsession 25 years later:

All 28 teams, if anybody wants them. They may make nice sigs:

NFL-Uniforms-1981.gif

and:

Lets see some concepts made with these puppies:

Football-Template-BW.gif

WOW! :shocked:

If I remember right, that was seventh grade foir me. I thought you had to belong to the Superpro Fan Club, or something like that. Got an ID card with your favorite team helmet on it, a decal standing board, etc.

My protest was players with QB numbers were wearing lineman facemasks, or teams like the Eagles shown with Dungard masks.... I was a geek back then as well!

When my father, a high school coach and teacher, became equipment manager at the school I went to, it was like I was in helmet city. I got a bunch that were being tossed out and did the ol' facemask switcheroos, painted some, etc. Too bad I chucked them.

I know, off the subject. But 1981 was freakin' sweet!

Sweet,I had that book! :D I cut out those uniform pics with the brief team history on the back.

Here's the cover for those who hadn't seen it.

99_1.JPG

If there's one thing I like, it's crazy laughing Indians. I wonder what's so funny?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Sweet,I had that book! :D I cut out those uniform pics with the brief team history on the back.

Here's the cover for those who hadn't seen it.

99_1.JPG

If there's one thing I like, it's crazy laughing Indians. I wonder what's so funny?

Notice how one of the characters have the book open? They must have taken a look at the Bucaneers section of the book....

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived