Columbus Blue Jackets to Use Third Jersey Logo in 2008

TruColor

So let's recap teams we KNOW are changing their look next season:

Dallas

Columbus

Toronto

Anyone else so far?

You can add Pittsburgh, and Calgary to that list. All of which are just removing individual logos. I don't know if it is common knowledge yet so If I can get approval from Chris to post the changes I will. I am reviewing the list of changes and I don't see Dallas on there at all.

Not to mention that Boston, Ottawa, San Jose, Washington, Vancouver, and Tampa are all getting new identities.

We know that all the teams are re-designer for the new template.

If you mean the actual logos and that, do you have a source to back this up?

Well, we actually know that not all teams are getting re-designed anymore, not since they figured out they could put horizontal lines on the jersey

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Columbus Dispatch:

Columbus Dispatch

The shoulders will not be black, as they are on the current third jersey, nor will there be a "lace-up" look under the chin.

If I remember right about Boston the owner a few days ago said it would be a more traditional look.

I would say it's going to be hard for Boston to go with a more "traditional look" when faced with the new Hi-Tech More Expensive for the Consumer Jersey System™ from Rbk.

I would also think that in trying to push the Hi-Tech look that this will mean the death of lace up collars for the forseeable future.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I work with a company that holds licenses for all major leagues so we got a heads up from The NHL manager Bobbi Wilson. When I say removing individual logos, I was talking about secondary and tertiary logos like Francis said. As far as the Blues there has been no official release about them. So I am left to assume that they will stay the way they are. New identities means new logo sets and possibly new colors as well. We find out next month exactly what changes are going to made.

Chris is it alright to tell the guys what changes are going to be made? I guess I already sort of did though. I'm still new to this forum and I don't really keep up to date on the public knowledge.

DucksCupSig.png

ChargersSig4.gif

Chris is it alright to tell the guys what changes are going to be made? I guess I already sort of did though. I'm still new to this forum and I don't really keep up to date on the public knowledge.

Let me get back to you on that one -- the best idea is probably just to sit on the information for now.

Appreciate you asking me though.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

From the Columbus Dispatch:

Columbus Dispatch

The shoulders will not be black, as they are on the current third jersey, nor will there be a "lace-up" look under the chin.

If I remember right about Boston the owner a few days ago said it would be a more traditional look.

I would say it's going to be hard for Boston to go with a more "traditional look" when faced with the new Hi-Tech More Expensive for the Consumer Jersey System? from Rbk.

I would also think that in trying to push the Hi-Tech look that this will mean the death of lace up collars for the forseeable future.

I never said they were going to a lace-up look. I have to look up the quote which I think is somewhere on this board. I assume a more traditional look would mean horizontal stripes on the new template.

the more and more I hear about the new jerseys the more I begin to think that they will just be the current striping schemes sublimated onto the new cut and the new light fabric. At least I hope that's what is going on as I've accepted that as a reasonable compromise. If every team has a new "modern" design I'm gonna flip.

PvO6ZWJ.png

OK so far I know that Dallas, Boston, Ottawa, Toronto and Washington will have new logos?? Can someone else confirm any more teams joining this list for new logos so I can get a head up on that for next season..gonna be nuttier for me to reconfigure my recordbooks for the teams logos in black and white, smaller logos mind ya as well.. ugh... will have to wait till we see all teh jersey looks and the new logos.. will tat be shown on Tuedsay for the NHL All Star Competition or other?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

OK so far I know that Dallas, Boston, Ottawa, Toronto and Washington will have new logos?? Can someone else confirm any more teams joining this list for new logos so I can get a head up on that for next season..gonna be nuttier for me to reconfigure my recordbooks for the teams logos in black and white, smaller logos mind ya as well.. ugh... will have to wait till we see all teh jersey looks and the new logos.. will tat be shown on Tuedsay for the NHL All Star Competition or other?

Boston, Ottawa, San Jose, Washington, Vancouver, and Tampa are the only teams getting completely new logo sets (may include new colors).

Oh, I just saw that Columbus will also get 1 new logo!

I don't see Dallas anywhere on my list for 2007-2008 changes. Toronto is only removing logos, no new ones. Unless, both of these teams are being so secrective that they aren't telling the rest of the NHL. Which I think is unlikely.

DucksCupSig.png

ChargersSig4.gif

Does anyone else think of Colorado's logo whenever they see Columbus' alternate?

Nope. Not at all.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

whoa, whoa, slow down....No one (meaning me) said Boston was getting a new logo.

Boston will be keeping the B-Spoke logo. Period. If they get rid oif the pooh bear shoulder logo

then good riddance.

Please clarify when you speak of teams getting new logos. Whether you mean front crest, secondary etc...

Speaking from old first hand knowledge, Boston was keeping the B-Spoke, but getting a new uniform set and number font. Washington was getting a new logo, new colors (back to red, white, blue) and new unis, a complete overhaul. Now this info is a year old, so things may have changed. When I see what they unveil I wlll be able to tell you if it's what I saw.

Boston, Ottawa, San Jose, Washington, Vancouver, and Tampa are the only teams getting completely new logo sets (may include new colors).

I don't see Dallas anywhere on my list for 2007-2008 changes. Toronto is only removing logos, no new ones. Unless, both of these teams are being so secrective that they aren't telling the rest of the NHL. Which I think is unlikely.

Is Tampa finally ditching the crappy ClipArt logo???? :shocked:

That would be fantastic news.

Nope. Not at all.

blueavs.jpg

1. Comes to point on top in the middle

2. Has two points on bottom on each side

3. Two items on each, letter/star being covered by snow/flag

4. Swooshing snow/flag from top left to bottom right

I'm not saying the Blue Jackets' is a rip off, but it seems inspired by Col.

Nope. Not at all.

blueavs.jpg

1. Comes to point on top in the middle

2. Has two points on bottom on each side

3. Two items on each, letter/star being covered by snow/flag

4. Swooshing snow/flag from top left to bottom right

I'm not saying the Blue Jackets' is a rip off, but it seems inspired by Col.

I think you're reading WAAAAY to much into that. Let's be honest here, there are only a certain number of ways you can incorporate a star and a burgee.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

whoa, whoa, slow down....No one (meaning me) said Boston was getting a new logo.

Boston will be keeping the B-Spoke logo. Period. If they get rid oif the pooh bear shoulder logo

then good riddance.

Please clarify when you speak of teams getting new logos. Whether you mean front crest, secondary etc...

Speaking from old first hand knowledge, Boston was keeping the B-Spoke, but getting a new uniform set and number font. Washington was getting a new logo, new colors (back to red, white, blue) and new unis, a complete overhaul. Now this info is a year old, so things may have changed. When I see what they unveil I wlll be able to tell you if it's what I saw.

Ever think that the logo will be based off of the spoked 'B'? Just like how the Bruins did back in 1996 or so, they just updated the logo.

Maybe they're just reverting to the older logo without the extra black inside the circle.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Didnt an article say that Toronto migh add silver to the logo?? If so, that might be the modified logo for 2007/08?? I am hoping Toronto would revert back to the muti-pointed logo from the 1960s that they have on the 3rd alternate jersey that logo would be cool as the main one....

then good riddance.

My apology, ebod39... I meant to say crest logos and etc.. my apology.. I guess I confused everyone on what I was saying... I wonder, would Boston revert to one of the 1950's logo the B with the weird dropping on each side from top left and bottom left? or that 1980s logo?? that also might be a good explanatoin as to why??

then good riddance.

Ever think that the logo will be based off of the spoked 'B'? Just like how the Bruins did back in 1996 or so, they just updated the logo.

Yeah GoNordiques, I am probably thinking of some sort of spiked B upgrade or whatever?? Hmm...

then good riddance.

Maybe they're just reverting to the older logo without the extra black inside the circle.

tghe older one without the extra black? oh that Bruins away logo from 1988 that had the yellow B in it right? Hmm that might be the one or different one?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Archived